Thursday Thoughts

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
[ Stolen:

Fast forward 15 or so years.

Surprise!

Your child just told she is pregnant or his girlfriend is. How do you react? How would your DH react? Would you be involved in the decision making, "parenting", etc? ]

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 11th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With the kids, we plan to educate them before it would ever be a concern. Since I was just 13 the first time I got pregnant and Tom was 16, we are hoping to teach them everything we can re: sex and pregnancy. The boys I hope to teach, if it happens, the need to be 100% supportive of whatever their girlfriend decides. Teach them the options she has, and if she keeps the baby then they will be expected to finish school, work, and support the baby and mother in all ways-financially, physically, emotionally. Tom and I will of course help and support whatever the mother decides while keeping any possibly harsh thoughts or opinions to ourselves.

Bailey-again, teach her what options she has and what goes into each of those options. Then support whatever she decides, hope that the father is willing to step up to the plate, talk to him/his parents if need be.

We would make sure they know that the child is their responsibility if they decide to keep and raise it themselves, but do as much as we can to help.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 11th, 2011, 08:55 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I too plan on educating beforehand. Now if Billy came home and told me his gf was pregnant, I would immediately call the girl's parents and ask to meet with them. After that...well drawing a blank there. I do know one thing for sure. If she decided to keep the baby, I would make darn sure the baby gets the proper love and support from his/her daddy and daddy's family. Also, I would make sure the girl knows that this baby is not just hers, but my son's also and he will have appropriate parental rights no matter where the relationship goes.

Of course this will be done after I wake up from fainting on the floor after a fit of hysteria.
August 11th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Of course this will be done after I wake up from fainting on the floor after a fit of hysteria.
Of course!

August 13th, 2011, 06:38 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that is a tough one.

I will be raising and teaching my children for waiting until they are married to have children. That is how I was raised.

I would be there for them but I would not make their life easier so they could party etc.

I just hope with the way we are raising them that this does not happen to us.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really hope my girls live by example.

If Kayla came home in 15 years and told me she was pregnant, I'd be thrilled!
Cheating, huh?

If Emily did.. it would depend on the situation. I was pregnant at 19.. but I was married.

Abby.. I'd have heart failure and be devastated because my husband was in jail for murdering a boy.

I will try to instill values in them, that sex is best when in love and not just lust. That it's so special to wait. However, I will always support my kids.

August 14th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
So I was never informed by my parents but luckily had enough common sense to know how to get birth control on my own. First I would try and teach my girls to try and wait but I will make sure they know how birth control works and where they can get it. I was 17 when I started having sex and there was no talking me out of it.
Now if one came to me and said they were pregnant I would make sure they know all of there options were And try to het them to do what was best for the baby

August 14th, 2011, 04:46 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure how I would react. We too plan on educating beforehand.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search