My loooooooong day yesterday...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 09:29 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know this should probably be in the chit chat thread, but with the day I had yesterday, I think it deserves its own!

So my day started out at 3:30 AM, when Billy decided to get up. I thought he just wanted to come into bed with mommy and daddy, but as soon as he lays down, his legs start moving around like crazy. So he kicks n kicks n kicks, until I give up on any more sleep.

We go into the living room and I think he is going to play for two hours then go back to sleep. Nope! He doesn't fall back asleep until I decide that I deserve a Skinny Vanilla Latte and a breakfast item from Starbucks at friggin 8 AM! He falls asleep on the drive there.

So fast forward 5 hours and we go to the mall to go on the merry-go-round and get him a couple pairs of shoes. At the merry-go-round, he is crying because he just can't wait in line. (We are working on this issue).

After the mall, we go to the park. We had fun there, so no complaints about that. But then comes the doozy.

Billy likes to pretend drive my car, so as we are packing up to go, he sits in the driver's seat and plays like he is driving. Well, I don't notice that he has put two quarters where CDs go in. I get one out, but the other one goes in and shorts my entire CD, Radio, Sync, and Navigation system. I guess he thought it was like his piggy bank.

I hope my warranty will cover the replacement cost because it is going to be very expensive to replace.

Oh and I may have a dead battery because the cd player kept making noises even with the car off.

So now fast forward to after dinner. We went out for dinner because, like the Starbucks earlier, I deserved it! Sushi restaurant of course, because that is the only kind of food Billy will actually eat and eat and eat. We get home, do the night routine, and Billy gets a second wind. I tell DH that I need to go to sleep and he takes over. I wake up at 2 am and Billy is still up. Now Dh is also exhausted, so we put Billy in our bed and there go the legs again. Moving around like crazy. We put him in his crib and he starts screaming and crying so hard that he is coughing. I make him toddler formula to calm him down and he finally does and goes to sleep.

WHAT A DAY!

One more little tid bit. Not about the day, but a question. Why is it that my son throws plain pasta on the floor like it is the plague, won't touch a burger or a hot dog, like other kids, but will gobble up smelt eggs, tuna tataki (basically raw tuna, cooked slightly on the outside), eat the inside of a sushi roll, and even try seaweed? I know it is healthy, but it is not something I can make easily at home.
August 11th, 2011, 10:51 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH NO!!! I hope your warranty covers the quarter incident!

Now the rest, add another toddler and you have my basic day. LOL

August 11th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Paula - I told Billy that it will be coming out of his Laser Hair Removal fund if I need to pay for it! He didn't seem to care...hmmmmm.

lol...Don't forget to add in the attitude that can come with having a daughter Kayla's age either!
August 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Oh man! Hope the warranty will cover everything!

As for his eating habits, I have a question, where you eating more "exotic" stuff often while pregnant? I was just watching a study about kids liking things mom ate a lot of and avoiding things mom didn't touch while pregnant.....

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 11th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Oh boy.. the attitude is in full swing and there are days where I have to control myself to not smack it out of her! We have had many battles this summer.
Sometimes I look at Jay and want to cry. We seriously have 2 more daughters to go through this with.. and Kayla still hasn't survived it. O.o

However, my girls are great sleepers so I don't have a clue how you get up that early!! Half the time Abby is begging for bed at 7pm and we have to try to keep her up until 8pm.

August 11th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Paula you are scaring me! Should I continue with my original plan to give Bailey away around 8 y/o?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 11th, 2011, 04:07 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your warranty will cover the cost of replacing it.

Billy might have restless leg sydrome.

Does he ever sleep???????? You have your hands full with that one that is for sure.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 11th, 2011, 04:09 PM
LMAO Nicole! Wait until 10..

August 11th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2Breana+Brandon View Post
I hope your warranty will cover the cost of replacing it.

Billy might have restless leg sydrome.

Does he ever sleep???????? You have your hands full with that one that is for sure.
He has had sleep issues from day one, but I blame that on myself. I didn't put my foot down when people would come over and he never got on a proper schedule. I am going to have to keep track of the leg thing and what he eats to see if it is restless leg or something else.
August 11th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Wow that is a long day get some sleep lady, hope you can get your stereo fixed

August 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Oh boy.. the attitude is in full swing and there are days where I have to control myself to not smack it out of her! We have had many battles this summer.
Sometimes I look at Jay and want to cry. We seriously have 2 more daughters to go through this with.. and Kayla still hasn't survived it. O.o

However, my girls are great sleepers so I don't have a clue how you get up that early!! Half the time Abby is begging for bed at 7pm and we have to try to keep her up until 8pm.
What grade is she in again? I know 7th is the worst! I see it at work. It is attitude central, especially with girls.

As for getting up early, I can do it when not working. It is when I am working that it is difficult. Also, I can get bad, keep me in bed all day, headaches from lack of sleep. I took ibprofun 3 times yesterday because I was terrified that one was going to come on. I have been told to get migraine medicine.
August 11th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
Oh man! Hope the warranty will cover everything!

As for his eating habits, I have a question, where you eating more "exotic" stuff often while pregnant? I was just watching a study about kids liking things mom ate a lot of and avoiding things mom didn't touch while pregnant.....
It should. We actually paid extra for an extended warranty. We usually wouldn't do that, but I wanted it because of all the extra computer stuff we got on the car (navigation, sync, etc). Sure am glad we got it!

As for the eating habits, nothing exotic while pregnant. I was very careful with what I ate, so no raw fish at all. I did eat plenty of meat, but only one corn dog, so that could explain the hot dogs. I don't know. Hubby and I crack up when people stare in disbelief at how good he is when we are out for sushi. I want to say, "Uh huh. You should've seen him at Islands 2 weeks ago throwing a fit because we wouldn't let him eat anymore ketchup." Apparantly, my son thinks ketchup makes up an entire meal. After that it becomes finger paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natty View Post
Wow that is a long day get some sleep lady, hope you can get your stereo fixed

I am sure I can.

I can't believe you are due so soon! Where did the time go?
August 11th, 2011, 11:05 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Islands......yum!!!! We love that place!!!! I swear they have the coldest beer ever.

I'm starting to think this non sleeping crap is a CA kid issue! Ben is still a night owl. If I ever get him in bed before 11 I might have a heart attack. He just doesn't sleep a lot. Then about once every 2 weeks he will crash hard. He'll sleep 12 hours straight and then be recharged for another 2 weeks. Little maniac.

Sorry about your cd player! Your laser hair removal comment cracked me up tho!
August 12th, 2011, 07:16 AM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you have insurance to cover the cd player! Hoping yesterday was a better day, for you.

August 12th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
Islands......yum!!!! We love that place!!!! I swear they have the coldest beer ever.

I'm starting to think this non sleeping crap is a CA kid issue! Ben is still a night owl. If I ever get him in bed before 11 I might have a heart attack. He just doesn't sleep a lot. Then about once every 2 weeks he will crash hard. He'll sleep 12 hours straight and then be recharged for another 2 weeks. Little maniac.

Sorry about your cd player! Your laser hair removal comment cracked me up tho!

I am convinced! Not only is it a CA kid thing, it is a SoCal kid thing! If we put Billy to sleep at 7:30, he will be up ready to face the day...at 12:30 AM, without a doubt. In fact, we have seen it!

I actually do have money set aside for laser hair removal for him, should he want it when he is older. He has alot of hair on his back, and I mean alot!

I am taking the car in today. Keeping my fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMyBlessings View Post
Glad you have insurance to cover the cd player! Hoping yesterday was a better day, for you.
Thank you. We had a great day yesterday! We had a playdate that lasted from about 12:00 to 6:00. We went to a bounce house, lunch, then the park. Even with all the activity, Billy still didn't get to sleep until 10!
August 12th, 2011, 07:58 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

What you described is totally Ben! if I put him down at 7:30 he too would be up at 12:30 and has done it multiple times!!!! We have some strange boys Jennifer lol!!!

That's good you've started a hair removal fund. That way when the time comes and he wants it the money can be there. A lot less thinking about whether you should do something or not when the money is right there. You guys are of Armenian descent right? We're not, but I swear my oldest is gonna be a little furry....maybe I should start setting aside some moolah for him!
August 12th, 2011, 10:10 AM
ROFL @ hair removal fund. Jennifer, you crack me up!!

Yes, she's going into 7th grade and I swear if we make it through this year, it's going to be a miracle. We already had a rough year last year, attitude, getting into trouble at school, getting SUSPENDED >:[ etc...
I've never seen such a manipulative kid! I hope it's not just my kid and it's an age thing.
She actually said "If I call him Daddy, he'll get it for me". I heard her tell her friend, over a CD or something. I was like :O.. So I told Jay. She seems to only be nice when she wants something. Other than that, she's too good for us. She knows everything. No matter what you tell her the reply is ALWAYS "I know" in the snobby voice that makes me want to beat her.
Ok.. rant over. Sorry to thread jack.

August 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

What you described is totally Ben! if I put him down at 7:30 he too would be up at 12:30 and has done it multiple times!!!! We have some strange boys Jennifer lol!!!

That's good you've started a hair removal fund. That way when the time comes and he wants it the money can be there. A lot less thinking about whether you should do something or not when the money is right there. You guys are of Armenian descent right? We're not, but I swear my oldest is gonna be a little furry....maybe I should start setting aside some moolah for him!

Russian and Armenian...poor boy was destined to be hairy! Then again, DH is also Russian and Armenian (pure coincidence!) and he is not hairy at all.

lol...Set some money aside and if he winds up not needing the hair removal, you can use it for something else!

It sure does sound like Ben and Billy are very similar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
ROFL @ hair removal fund. Jennifer, you crack me up!!

Yes, she's going into 7th grade and I swear if we make it through this year, it's going to be a miracle. We already had a rough year last year, attitude, getting into trouble at school, getting SUSPENDED >:[ etc...
I've never seen such a manipulative kid! I hope it's not just my kid and it's an age thing.
She actually said "If I call him Daddy, he'll get it for me". I heard her tell her friend, over a CD or something. I was like :O.. So I told Jay. She seems to only be nice when she wants something. Other than that, she's too good for us. She knows everything. No matter what you tell her the reply is ALWAYS "I know" in the snobby voice that makes me want to beat her.
Ok.. rant over. Sorry to thread jack.
Don't apologize...you aren't thread jacking at all! I would say the attitude is definitely an age thing. I see it all the time. I remember my attitude when I was younger. Maybe Billy not sleeping is my punishment! Did she start acting up when Abby was born?
August 12th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oooooh Paula, if you only knew everything I did during 7th grade you'd either be grateful for Kayla's "attitude" or lock her in her room.

August 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh boy. I'm exhausted just reading that.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search