If you could live anywhere else???

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where would you wanna live?

Or

Are you totally happy with where you are?

*if you would like to move keep your answer within your own country. So no 'I wanna move to Europe answers' LOL!
August 19th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wel i hate my town. too much violence and it never was like this growing up.
I think Id LOVE to move to Tennesse. Around the pigeon forge/gatlinburg area. VERY BEAUTIFUL. however, i dnt wanna leave my mommy lol

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
August 19th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I just drove through Toledo about 3 weeks ago and it has definitely changed from how I remember it. I've been making that trip for 31 years and I don't remember it looking so dingy as you drive through. I'm not knocking it so please don't think that. I just think so many places have been hurt by the economy and yes violence is getting bad. My hometown certainly isn't what it used to be

Gatlinburg is beautiful!!! Love it there! Oh and I'm almost 3,000 miles from my mommy and I hate it....
August 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've lived in Europe, don't want to do it again! LOL

Well, before our trip to Vegas, I'd have said Florida.. but after going to Vegas.. Nevada. I wouldn't want to live IN Vegas, but Nevada or Arizona would be great!! I LOVED not having any humidity!!

I'd never move though, unless my Mom came too. It's too hard being that far from her, especially with kids. I love my Mama!!

August 19th, 2011, 02:43 PM
You wouldn't want to live in Arizona. 117 even with no humidity is miserable. Everyone hides all day. The day I had Ben it was still 105 outside! I recommend New Mexico to everyone. Gets hot and still no humidity. Beautiful weather!!
August 19th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh knock toledo all you want. its turned into crap since i was a kid i mean it was bad when i was little since im only 21, I know it was even better before. my mom talks about living on the east side of toledo and being able to keep her doors unlocked as a kid in the 70s-80s. But man oh man its horrible here now. Glad im not the only one who wouldnt want to leave their mamas!

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
August 19th, 2011, 04:32 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am thinking North Carolina

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 19th, 2011, 05:34 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lived in NC. It depends where.. Anywhere near the OBX would be GREAT, but it still gets cold.
We lived in Goldsboro, it was nice! Chilly but never freezing like Ohio.

DH was in Arizona, he loved it! He said there 110, was like our 90, with humidity.

I know high temps are hot.. but there is a HUGE difference with the stickiness. I HATE walking out and instantly sweating, having my clothes cling to me, my makeup melting off. It's horrible! I can handle heat.. just not the humidity. It was 108 when we were in Vegas and we were outside, ALL DAY, EVERYDAY and I LOOOOVED it!! I didn't sweat, I didn't stick, my make up stayed on.

August 19th, 2011, 05:48 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wyoming. There is a reason we have been there so many times. It is just so beautiful there. CA is getting crappier and more expensive every year. I love the city in which we live, but can't stand the city in which I work. It is a craphole.
August 19th, 2011, 06:26 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Well I was going to say Japan, but then I read your small print.

I like Virginia a lot, it's so green and pretty there, but their aren't many opportunities for employment. Oregon has always pulled at my heart, but it's sooo far from my momma. If I could take her with me, I would go a lot of places!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
August 19th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I'm telling ya AZ even with no humidity it's no picnic. My first summer there I tolerated it, the next I wanted to die. I was actually ready to move someplace with humidity. We had to start running ac in march and by May had already had 20 days straight over 100. The heat is oppressive. We had a pool we couldn't use until after the sun went down. When we tried to swim during the day the sun would just burn your skin. Not to mention having to run your air at 80 just to avoid a ridiculous bill. We burned up in our house and still had $400 bills. Water is really high too.

From what I understand Vegas has the temps with no humidity, but it's a little better than AZ. In NM it's wonderful! No humidity without the crazy high temps. If hubby could work there we'd move there in a heartbeat! I've been trying to move back unsuccessfully for years.

Jennifer- I hear ya. We've been here not quite 2 years and we're trying to bolt. I LOVE LA, but I don't love that we will never be able to afford a house here. My hubby makes good money, but not enough for a 600k+ home. It's so frustrating. We have lived all over the place. Midwest, the south, the southwest and I think we're ready to trade the lack of humidity for a more affordable lifestyle. Besides sweating is good for ya lol! When I was back home a week ago my skin was super clear from the heat...now I'm back home and breaking out. Boo!

Jennifer- also wanted to add that I love Wyoming!!! Hubby hasn't been but I went with my mom and oldest about 10 years ago. We got to go to Frontier Days in Cheyenne and had a blast!! All of the cowboys actually holding doors and tipping their hats was awesome.
August 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wyoming will always have a special place in my heart. I was 7 months pregnant with Billy the last time I went and the year before that I remember using ovulation predictor sticks. Ahhhh...memories. We will probably rent a RV and go again next summer.
August 19th, 2011, 07:17 PM
That's a nice memory Jennifer! It really is gorgeous there and I haven't even been to the Tetons area of the state. We've been talking about doing an RV trip next summer if we can to go back all over the northwest.

Ok my places I could easily live are: New Mexico (top favorite. Was there a year and miss it every day.
Idaho
Montana
Tennessee

I love the northwest and could easily settle into life there too, but NM tops the list. .
August 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I would go back to the OR coast it is nice has seasons winter is not to cold and summer is not to hot, there are lots small towns but still with in a few hours of a large city with lots of stuff to do. It has lots of outdoorsy stuff to do which I love and is ery pretty and is not to expensive oh ya and no sales tax

August 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I love where I live. The Inland Northwest gets all four seasons and there's a lot of outdoors stuff to do. I also would love to live in New Zealand, looks so beautiful there.

August 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since I have to stay in my own country, I'll just stay where I am. Melbourne is the best city in the whole country. Its the prettiest and we have the best weather. Best thing about the weather, if you don't like it, just wait five minutes because chances are it will change. We've been known to have all four seasons in one day.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

August 22nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I'd never move. All my family is here. I get all four seasons. Yes I complain about the super humid hot summer we get, or the super cold with lot's of snow like last winter. But I do love having it all. But, I live in the 4th most violent city in the country. Plus CT is also one of the most expensive states to live in. So I have no clue. Maybe the CT/RI border, on the RI side.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search