teeth...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2011, 05:33 AM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are your teeth? Are you happy with them? Do you or have you had extensive dental work? Do you get cavities easily? If you could do anything to improve your teeth/smile, what would you do?

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

August 30th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had teeth problems since I was little...mostly because my mouth is too small. So I have dealt with a lot of retainers, braces for 4 years, and lots of oral surgery. I have also had to have surgery on my gums because I have too much gum tissue in the back (which causes me to get cavities back there).

I am mostly happy with my teeth...I do have one tooth I am going to fix next year when I am done breastfeeding. I knocked it out when I was 8 and they were able to save it for awhile but then at 18 I had to have a root canal because the tooth had "died". It has a grayish cast to it and it bothers me because it is one of my front teeth.
August 30th, 2011, 09:48 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I need 1 tooth pulled and 2 cavities pulled. I got kind of bad about brushing my teeth when I had Seamus. I also can't floss due to how close my teeth are (top front are the only ones I can do), even when I used to go to the dentist (haven't been since 2004) the hygenist would complain and fight and hurt me to try to floss before giving up on it.
I was supposed to have spacers placed when I was like 7 or 8 but my mom freaked and didn't take me back for a few years. (we had a very bad expierence when I was 3, I still vividly remember it). My 2 eye teeth on the bottom are pushed way down on my gums, they are way off, and I was told if it was to ever be fixed since there is no room in my mouth they'd have to pull the little teeth next to them then pull the eye teeth up with braces and then into the right place. The reason the teeth grew so low down and in the wrong place is cause my mouth is too over crowded, and I lost those 2 teeth when I was 5yrs old and they didn't come back in till I was 12.

August 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
I've never had any problems with my teeth - no cavities, etc. (knock on wood!) but I have horrible gums. My dentist says it's hereditary sooo... thanks mom and dad!

As for am I happy with them? No, not really. I have a gap right smack dab in the middle of my teeth. In order to get braces, I need surgery in order to place my two front teeth together - they need to put a metal thing behind them to hold them together. This is what I was told at 8 years old. I'm sure they now have other ways to connect them such as bonding, etc. But I freaked out at the surgery and never let my parents put braces on me. Boy do I regret it...

I'm going to be 30 years old with braces. Watch. I'll do it!

May 2013 July 2014
August 30th, 2011, 11:23 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get cavities really easily so I have a lot of fillings. I've had 2 root canals done, one thanks to having a filling done as a child and then re-done by a new dentist in the US who did a bad job.. years later root canal. I had a cleaning in June and they replaced a broken filling. If I could cahnge anything I"d have whiter teeth, mine are stained from too much coke during highschool and coffee while I lived in Holland. They are straight though and I've never needed braces for that I am grateful. I've also had all 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed when I was 17. That was no fun!

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

August 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianna View Post
I've also had all 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed when I was 17. That was no fun!
That too. If mine would've erupted I would've been screwed. They were trying to erupt but since there wasn't the room they were going to start shoving my other teeth forward. Thank goodness I got them removed (that was the last time I went to a dentist, was the follow up after that, when I was 17 in 2004)

August 31st, 2011, 09:13 AM
Mommy2PrestonandGavin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had braces for years when I was younger and I had all 4 of my (impacted) wisdom teeth pulled out also. My teeth are straight and I have no complaints. I've had a few cavities only in my molars. I think I have 2 fillings. I am well overdue for a cleaning. Our new insurance doesn't cover our old dentist and it takes awhile for my supersensitive gag reflex to calm down after pregnancy so i'm waiting a little longer to find a new dentist and schedule a cleaning.

Thanks Katidid622 for my adorable siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 11:42 AM
ForestJenn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty happy now that my wisdom teeth are all gone. I had two extra wisdom teeth on the right side. They never could have come through and getting rid of them sure has helped with the sinus headaches!

I'd say my teeth are pretty average. The two front teeth on top are slightly crooked, but it doesn't bother me enough to worry about braces. My dentist approves that. She's Canadian and thinks that we Americans are too hung up on perfectly straight teeth. Funny! Even funnier, I married an Englishman and he's even less concerned about it. I guess I'll keep to myself the fact that I really want Adrian to have straight teeth.

Loving every minute of being a mommy!
August 31st, 2011, 12:55 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a calcium definiency caused from both of my pregnancies and so All my teeth need pulled. I also have a 9 mm overbite that has to be surgically fixed. We have known about my jaw since I was 8 but I would have to have my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks and I can't stay quiet for that long. LOL. I have no insurance so my teeth will have to wait untill my tax return comes.
August 31st, 2011, 11:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My teeth are awful. The dentist says they are beautifully cared for, but they are crap! They are nicely spaced, sized, positioned etc I´ve never had anybraces or work done for that, but they are weak. I have to get them cleaned twice a year and brush/floss really well. At least my gums are nice.

I haven´t got any wisdom teeth, they just aren´t there. I inherited that from My Mums family-- we are highly evolved .

I wish they were stronger. My sister had ugly teeth, all over the place and crooked, but strong and hard, now after braces they are beautiful.

September 1st, 2011, 03:09 PM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eh, mine are fine. I had braces when younger, but never wore my retainer afterwards. So they are mostly straight, but would be better if I had worn it. I had my wisdom teeth extracted when I was 18 or so. That sucked. Big time. Other than that, no issues. I don't have any cavities or anything

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!

Tags
gtky

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search