Breaks

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you get breaks during the week while someone watches your child(ren)? Do you get to spend a half hour each day to take a bath while SO watches them or a couple hours each week to go to the salon without kids? Or are your breaks each night after the kids go to bed?

September 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
SAHM_To_2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like to tihnk that when DH gets home at 6 or 6:30 i get a break while he takef over until bedtime at 7.. but I don't..LOL

My only break is bedtime/naptime.

We dont get out with DS unless family is here (once a year or so)
September 3rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
right now, sundays, and tuesdays. Those are DH's days off. He will keep J all day and do all that needs done with him/for him...and he often takes him on an outing...the park/shopping/wherever...so I have complete peace for a few hours the rest of the time, Im here...and will interact with him as much as he wants me to, but normally its minimal because if daddy is home, Im chopped liver...and that is fine by me for those 2 days!!
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

September 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
SAHM_To_2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel531 View Post
if daddy is home, Im chopped liver...and that is fine by me for those 2 days!!
and DH doesn't get why I dont mind! haha
September 3rd, 2011, 02:56 PM
mommabirdof4
What do you consider a break?...during naptime if I get all 4 asleep at the same time then I spend all that time doing things that have to be done....but I feel great after I managed to get the house clean...makes me a lot more relaxed....so I would call it a break other's would not I guess. With 4 such small kids I don't think anyone would be up to watching them....DH will take over so I can shower or take a nap...but not for long. I am usually always on...but that isn't to say DH isn't working just as hard when he is here....but it just comes with having 4 kids 3 and under and newborn twins.
September 3rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get a lot of breaks. I get one every night after E goes to bed, I get one once a month from 6-12 for scrapbooking crop nights, I get a little bit of ones on weekend mornings because Chris gets up early with her. And then here and there when I leave her home to go to the store. My mom also babysits for us here and there, but we're about to start getting Elizabeth prepped to spend the night - so she might be spending some time with my mom every weekend now.

September 3rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I consider it a break if both kids are napping. I like to wake up before both of them in the morning and have coffee alone. DH does a lot to help but, with a breastfed only infant who only wants me, it's hard to get a break. I got a small one yesterday. Allison was napping at my MIL's house so Claire and I went to target! Claire slept the whole time we were out!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
September 3rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
mommabirdof4
Ya I agree Amy...Right now a break is when they all are napping ...BUT that doesn't happen every day (getting two infants to nap at the same time is hard let alone two infants and two toddlers)...All other times I am taking care of one kiddo at least.
September 3rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
right now I have a tuesday sitter for about 5 hours, thats my big break. I go to the doc, run errands, get my nails done etc...

besides that, I get an occasional 30 minutes for a bath or hour to run out to a store while dh watches adam.
September 4th, 2011, 06:46 AM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well Chloe is in daycare everyday while I'm at work although I don't consider that a break. Ha! We work 9 hour days Mon-Thurs so that we get off at noon on Fridays. Those 4 hours while Chloe is still at daycare are when I clean my house, get a pedicure, do misc shopping that needs to be done, etc... I love Fridays

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
September 4th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
when they go to bed at night. Avery doesn't always take naps anymore, but if she does, then I get one when Nichole is at school and Avery is napping. I will say that now that I have 2 kids, 1 kid is a piece of cake!!! Wow 1 kid to go to the store with ect.. so easy! I am sure someone who has 3 would say the same about 2 and so on!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

September 4th, 2011, 07:19 AM
mommabirdof4
Oh yes...1 kid....oh my gosh....piece of cake.......heck just one newborn/infant piece of cake....easy-easy.
September 4th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah, I consider it a break when just Allison is napping, really! It makes me realize that a baby really isn't all that difficult.

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
September 4th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Gracie2345's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a sitter that comes one day for 5 hours. Currently I only leave JP with her and take Evan with me to run errands and grocery shop. I agree, toting around a newborn is so easy, it's like not having a kid with you. I may start having the sitter come on another day as well and leave the baby with her so I can take JP to a class and spend some one to one time with JP.

My MIL babysits at least twice a month so DH and I can have a date night.

Daily I get a break when the kids are napping. Most days they nap at the same time, which is so nice.

September 4th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I get "breaks" quite a bit-when the kids are napping or when they go to bed for the night, but that time is filled with schoolwork. When DH is home, he will play with Lily while Lexie is napping which gives me a break-but again, I spend it doing school work.

Before Lexie was born, my MIL or SIL would come over once a month and hang out once Lily was in bed so DH and I could go out.

September 4th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well with a newborn I don't really get breaks right now. I am supposed to take 3-4 sitz baths a day, I usually only get one in so that is a break. We sometimes all nap together but even then Baya is laying on me and probably nursing. I try to go to bed early with out Baya but she doesn't last long maybe 20-45 min. Usually tell I just fall asleep.

But once we hit 6 wks I am joining the YMCA and will get a break almost daily then! I can't wait but mostly because I feel lazy and I can't wait to take Ethan swimming more. I also love yoga and they have a new hot belly dancing class I want to take too!

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
September 4th, 2011, 04:09 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get breaks when both kiddos are sleeping. If I needed/wanted more DH would step in (I just need to ask). And once I have some milk pumped for jordan we have tons of friends who would be willing to take the kids if we asked. I think part of the reason I don't feel I need many breaks is because I know I could have them if I wanted. It seems that when we travel and I don't have the option (w/friends not just DH), that I want them more! LOL
September 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I get them when the kids go down to bed. It is hard for me to squeeze them in or even to steal them(like I am doing now hehe...I am in bedroom and kids and Ryan are in living room. Honestly though, it could be over any minute.). I rarely will run to the store all by myself...that is about it though.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

September 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just when they sleep at night, they can never nap at the same time. Ruby gets up 4-5 times at night though, so it's hard to get any kind of break. My MIL or SIL watches Wes so I can take Ruby to the hospital for tests, but that's not much of a break either. DH is never home. I get burned-out, but hopefully things will be easier once Ruby's stuff is under control.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
September 4th, 2011, 08:38 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
DH takes them in the early mornings on his days off. However, he is about to get a 2nd job so it'll be all be all the time My main break is also when they are in bed for the night but usually, jack takes forever to go to sleep so it's an up/down thing for me and dh. Jack doesnt nap that often. He will start preschool on wed in for 2-3hrs so ill get a little time then. I don't get much though, ansley is b/f'd still and only wants me most of the time, *sigh* and we have no one to babysit so we dont get to go out together EVER.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search