Fibbing

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 05:27 AM
meg0109's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else's kiddo telling fibs?

This mornig Conner woke up and immediately told me he had a boo boo on his neck. He really doesn't but I thought he was so adorable so I played along. I asked him what happened and he said "Mama did it. No, daddy did it." I know its probably harmless and hes just testing his verbal skills. :-) it was kinda cute though!
September 12th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Alexa5
I think we have had similar...but it is kind of like teasing and him proactively using his sense of humor. It is cute :-)
September 12th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here too, she has fun making stuff up and then saying, "I just tending (pretending)". It's pretty cute.

September 12th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Charlie fibs all the time about potty-related issues. He'll say that he doesn't have to go to the potty when he obviously does, or that he does have to go when he really doesn't (he does that especially before naptime and bedtime, because he's using it as a stalling tactic so that he can stay awake longer). It's frustrating, for sure, because we want to be patient with the potty-training and give him lots of chances to try, but we also don't want to encourage the fibbing. Still working out how to manage that.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
September 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
not here (yet anyway). He's too honest. If he did something naughty and we ask him about it he straight out tells us that he did and he's usually pretty proud about it too.
September 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, and usually he is blaming his siblings for something he did. Mason, who colored all over your legs? Sissy did it. lol!

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
September 13th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Zach & Lola's Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Madigan
Fibbing, it sounds so innocent. I keep thinking my daughter is LYING.

Just yesterday I went in her room because I heard her rustling around (it was morning, she was just waking up) She had pulled her little trash can up to her dresser in order to climb in and get the wipes solution or lotion or something of the sort. I asked what she was doing and she looks around for a second, picks up a toy and says "I just get my goat mom mom!" Sigh... (Later she told dh the same thing, that she was just getting her goat. She doesn't see the irony in that statement)

Molly- you have a tough situation!! Cause how do you separate the two? Eek. Lola will use the potty as a ploy to get out of time outs. She will be in one and suddenly say she needs to pee/poop. But she does whatever she says she is going to do, then we just go back to TO and finish her time.

Props to ~:Kellarazzi:~ for my fab siggy.

September 13th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes Luke has been doing this too, usually blaming his baby sister for things he did.
September 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're in this phase too.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
September 13th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Matilda's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Miles does this, and his response when I talk to him "nothing' it's very cute but frustrating all the same.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search