toddlerisms

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Share some funny things your toddler has said lately!

Yesterday, at church, they were doing kids' church at the start of the service and Pastor John (who is a pretty tall guy) called all the kids to the front of the room. I walked Charlie up, but of course he doesn't really know what we're supposed to be doing up there. So while Pastor John is talking, Charlie looks up at him towering over him and calls out "Look how BIG he is!" :lol;

Then, later in the service Charlie randomly points to the baptismal font and says "Jesus is going to put Beau in that thing!"

We came home, and Charlie and I were having a discussion about eye color. He points to my eyes and laughingly says "Mommy's eyes are pink!" I said "No, they're not pink, they're blue." He kept insisting that they were pink, and finally he laughed and said "Who's going to win the argument?"

Another time, he and I were going back and forth having one of those nonsensical and frustrating discussions where he asked for a bunch of different things and then rejected them as soon as they were provided. He looks at me and says "I'm testing mommy's patience!"

Charlie loves vegetables, especially cauliflower, which he usually gobbles down whole bowls full. He and my mom had been joking about how he's the "cauliflower kid." The other day we sat down to dinner and she handed him a bowl of cauliflower and said "this is for the cauliflower kid." He looked back at her and said "I'm not the cauliflower kid. I'm the french fry kid. I changed!"

There are lots more, but those are what spring to mind at the moment. Charlie keeps me laughing every day!

What funny things have your LO's said?

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
September 12th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Alexa5
Those are so cute! Like you, Nicholas has quite a few on a daily basis so I have a hard time remembering them sometimes. One thing he really laughs at is if he says something that we can't understand, and we come up with funny guesses, he will laugh and laugh. What is especially funny is that once we figure it out, we will joke about what we guessed wrong. He really does a great job with speaking/vocabulary, so I think that is why he is able to have a good sense of humor about it--and not think we are making fun of him, more that we are laughing about our guesses.
September 12th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jackson is only just starting to be able to have conversations with us. He has a huge vocabulary but will only peice together a handful of words at a time.
So he says things like
"NaNa shoot zombies" (he calls himself Nana, we don't know what it means since he can say Jackson, Jack, and his nickname Bubba. Zombies is from the xbox game he loves to play Plants vs Zombies)
"Mama phone, angry birds please"
and his favorite thing to say is probably
"chuggachugga choo choo" and this is the sound that not only trains make, but every other vehicle or plane as well.
September 12th, 2011, 10:51 AM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well right now he is at the table eating his soup, saying "here comes the train, choo choo," as he puts food in his mouth. Soup is flying everywhere, but I'm about to fall out of my chair laughing, so the clean up is worth it. He has other ones that I find hilarious, but I can't think of any right now. But I will share a favorite from my four year old. It was cold outside and she came running up to me, "Mama, I got to pee, will you warm up the toilet seat for me?"

September 12th, 2011, 11:42 AM
danarae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My favorite is still the way Lukey says my dogs name...................

This video is from a few months ago but he still says it the same way!!!

Thankyou Jaidynsmum for my great siggy and Matilda for my PR siggy!!

www.danarae-goingitalone.blogspot.com
September 13th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
at Charlie! What a comedian!

Dana, your dog's name is Eclipse? Lukey is adorable! I love how toddlers can say things the same way every time and I can't even pronounce the way they say it.

Joey hears "I love you" from me pretty frequently and always responds, "I love you too, Mommy." Well, today she came up to me out of the blue and said, "I love you too, Mommy." So sweet.

Last edited by Zoostergirl; September 13th, 2011 at 11:01 AM.
September 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
danarae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoostergirl View Post
at Charlie! What a comedian!

Dana, your dog's name is Eclipse? Lukey is adorable! I love how toddlers can say things the same way every time and I can't even pronounce the way they say it.

Joey hears "I love you" from me pretty frequently and always responds, "I love you too, Mommy." Well, today she came up to me out of the blue and said, "I love you too, Mommy." So sweet.
Yup, my Chihuahua's name is Eclipse!!! My oldest son named her after learning about Solar Eclipses in his Space book!!!! When Lukey says it, it totally sounds more like B*tch!!!!!! LOL

Thankyou Jaidynsmum for my great siggy and Matilda for my PR siggy!!

www.danarae-goingitalone.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search