When you have a chance, let us know your thoughts on the subforums...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Alexa5
What you would like to keep, don't want to keep, some that could be consolidated, etc. When they merge PR's they just pull them all in and then let us all decide.

The other thing to think about is if you want to have a private subforum, and what you would like the rules to be.... for example, those that already had access by having 100 posts in their previous PR continue to have access, or do we start all over by setting a certain amount of required posts in the new PR.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!
September 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
danarae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the private subforums need to go for now and we need at least two or three months before we open another one...........

Thankyou Jaidynsmum for my great siggy and Matilda for my PR siggy!!

www.danarae-goingitalone.blogspot.com
September 12th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Alexa5
Just adding to this post that now that I have looked closer at some of them there are a lot of them that could be consolidated such as: Here we go again and Pregnancy/TTC, Our Blossoming babies and January Mommies, Photo Challenges and Picture Palace, Recipe Box could go with Health Living, or they could stay separate.

We weren't using the Recipe Box one much recently, so not sure thoughts on keeping that or not. And then I noticed Jan PR had a separate Games subforum, and maybe games and such could just be located in the regular PR forum to help with overall activity?
September 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to mention consolidating here we go again and ttc. I agree that we should get rid of the private forums and start a new one. I don't think there is anything wrong with starting one now because it would just be the people who are active in the PR that would have access, although I'm guessing we all want to get to know each other better before we start posting in them. I was also wondering if we should start a new birthday list for mommas and the babies and maybe sticky it...

September 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Zach & Lola's Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Madigan
I'm all for deleting the private subforums and starting a new one! I agree what we can start one now and when people are ready, they'd post.

We used to be busy and that was why we had the separate games subforum, we haven't been using many of our subforums at all lately! Same with stickies, I think most of them can go - IMO.

Props to ~:Kellarazzi:~ for my fab siggy.

September 12th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
A lot of the people who used to post in our private subforum aren't even on the boards at all any more. So it might be to the point where they don't really want any new users to have access to those posts. I agree with deleting the old private subforums and then starting one new one in a few months with a new required post count. Maybe kind of treat this new board like it's a brand-new due date club. How long would a DDC typically wait before starting a private forum?

Just speaking from January's POV, I think most of our other sub-forums, like Waddles and whatever, can probably get deleted. If no one's posted to it in 4 months+, I think it's probably a safe bet that it could go. (Except for maybe the birth stories, which I think should be merged).

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
September 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have a tendency to forget they're even there, so I don't have any input really.

September 13th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Alexa5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum_Leap View Post
A lot of the people who used to post in our private subforum aren't even on the boards at all any more. So it might be to the point where they don't really want any new users to have access to those posts. I agree with deleting the old private subforums and then starting one new one in a few months with a new required post count. Maybe kind of treat this new board like it's a brand-new due date club. How long would a DDC typically wait before starting a private forum?

Just speaking from January's POV, I think most of our other sub-forums, like Waddles and whatever, can probably get deleted. If no one's posted to it in 4 months+, I think it's probably a safe bet that it could go. (Except for maybe the birth stories, which I think should be merged).
I think that makes sense about the private forum.... I will give it another day and see if anyone says differently, but so far it seems like everyone is ready to start fresh whether it be now or later, and my inclination is that there is no rush, so deleting the two that are there and starting a new one a little later could be fine.

As for the other subforums I don't think they were being used much by Feb PR either.... I agree about keeping birth stories and merging them. I also think that the here we go again/TTC did received some activity--but perhaps we don't need a separate forum for that? I am thinking that since the PR's slow down over time it is not as necessary to separate that out. I think it is fun to see TTC updates in the regular forum, and baby updates too :-)

Now that we have gotten this far with our thoughts on the matter...anyone have different opinions? I can get going on cleaning that up if the majority are okay with the above.
September 13th, 2011, 05:15 AM
superwoman8977's Avatar Awesome Mommy!
I dont think there should be a private room, that just breeds trouble if you want us to meet etc then everything needs to be accessible by all...

Thanks AlexAidenmom for my awesome siggie!

September 13th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with deleting the private ones we have now and starting a new one. I like having a private one since there are some things I don't want accessible to anyone with a search engine.
September 13th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Alexa5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Miracles View Post
I agree with deleting the private ones we have now and starting a new one. I like having a private one since there are some things I don't want accessible to anyone with a search engine.
I agree ..... the benefits to having a private subforum is that it is an enhancement to the main forum, not a replacement. Typically people only put the really private stuff in there, and it is nice knowing there is a place to do that. It is nice to have a place to talk about certain things without feeling like all of the lurkers are reading it.
September 13th, 2011, 10:29 AM
**Catherine**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep I agree with what Sarah said!

I wouldn't mind keeping the recipe section.

September 13th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the idea of putting the recipe section in healthy living, as long as brownie recipes are still allowed.

I am intrigued by Waddles... we never did get around to a travelling mascot but I always wanted to!

I agree with the general consensus on the private forums.

And one note on TTC/pregnancy forum - I like it being separate because it sometimes is hard for those experiencing difficulty getting preggo to see it all on the main board.

Thanks for taking care of this Alexa!

September 13th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Alexa5
I loved some of the pics of Waddles...especially near the beach...so cute! :-)

So, this is the plan so far from what I have seen on this thread:

1) I am going to go ahead and ask to eliminate both private forums from the previous PR's since that seems to be the popular opinion, and we will initiate starting a new one a little later on.

2) I will go ahead and ask to combine Healthy Living and Recipes

3) Let's combine the TTC/Here We Go Again.... Jess has a good point on that.

4) We will merge the birth stories into one subforum

Questions: Just to make sure, are we okay with deleting the picture subforums and the games/challenges subforum?
September 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Alexa5
The above is now done.... just let me know about pictures and games, if we are fine with deleting those, and we are good to go :-) Thanks all for your input.
September 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM
danarae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we should delete the pictures and the games............... Having games on the main board will help keep things active..............

Thankyou Jaidynsmum for my great siggy and Matilda for my PR siggy!!

www.danarae-goingitalone.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search