Kids and meal time

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok who eats anything and everything?
Who is picky picky?
What meal is their favorit?
Which do they barely eat?
Any meal time rules?

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
January 5th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
Ok who eats anything and everything? pretty much will eat anything
Who is picky picky? not here
What meal is their favorit? her fave is dinner
Which do they barely eat? breakfast
Any meal time rules? just eat. lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

January 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok who eats anything and everything? I wish
Who is picky picky? Raises hand
What meal is their favorit? Breakfast
Which do they barely eat? Dinner
Any meal time rules? I am trying to instill the must have one bite of everything on the plate before he leaves the table. It isn't going that well, but I am tired of cooking things for him and he won't even try it. He is also skinny I need him to start eating more.

January 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM
pattijwg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok who eats anything and everything? my kids are the pickiest little things! if it's fruit, yogurt or cheese, it'll be gone in seconds. anything else is a big toss up.
Who is picky picky?HERE!! stubborn kid.
What meal is their favorit? depends on the day. I usually make some really good smoothies for breakfast, I'll freeze them in a Popsicle mold, my kids LOVE them! who wouldn't like a Popsicle for breakfast!!lol
Which do they barely eat? again, depends on the day. I have to FIGHT to get them to eat a lot of times.
Any meal time rules? we have to try at least a bite to see if we like it.. and dinner has to be mostly eaten to gt dessert(which is usually a cookie)

Allysa 1/25/00
Victoria 4/26/06
Ray 7/24/09
January 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
who eats anything and everything? James!!!!
Who is picky picky? He still sometimes has texture issues with things like mushrooms.
What meal is their favorite? Hm, loves noodles of any kind, pizza, beans, and things with "sauce"- even if sauce is olive oil drizzled on top.
Which do they barely eat? Not much! He sways with vegetables. Sometimes he chows them, other times he avoids.
Any meal time rules? We had to get an egg timer for dinner because he is soooooo sssslllloooowwwww! In his defense he just wants to talk and be silly with us, but since we eat so late, we need him to just EAT so he can go to bed relatively on time. Also, no feet on the table, use your napkin not your tongue, and stop playing with your napkin are commonly heard.

January 5th, 2012, 08:29 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
Eating around here is terrible lately!! He barely eats! He's surviving on cheese and raisians!!
January 6th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok who eats anything and everything? NOPE
Who is picky picky? YES. I'm lucky she eats at all
What meal is their favorite? Breakfast probably. She likes almost all breakfast foods.
Which do they barely eat? Dinner. I'm lucky if she eats more than a piece of cheese and she NEVER likes what we're having.
Any meal time rules? I dunno Don't throw your food on the floor? (You'd think that would be a given, but based off my BFF apparently not.) I often harass her to "try one bite" of a new food, or one she is refusing that I know she likes. I promise her that if she doesn't like it I will stop harassing her, and I do, but half the time she wants more. We're pretty lenient at mealtimes so far. Working on sitting down more to eat - she likes to walk back and forth in the banquette.

Oh my goodness and the number of times I've head, "She'll eat it when she's hungry enough!" Just a note to anyone who reads this that that is NOT TRUE of all kids. The people who say it have their heads up their butts. Same goes for, "I just tell them, 'Eat it or starve!'" Guess what? My daughter chooses "starve."

Sorry, you can tell I get a bit annoyed on the unsolicited "advice" I get.

Last edited by Sk8ermaiden; January 6th, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
January 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
Seriously his eating scares me, he's far too busy to eat
January 12th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok who eats anything and everything? Not my kid
Who is picky picky? beyond...and its getting silly. Dairy is the only guarantee. Cheese, milk, ice cream, etc
What meal is their favorite? breakfast..probably because its the sweetest meal of the day...he'll have a few graham crackers, an orange or apple, maybe some cereal
Which do they barely eat? dinner..forget it. I put a bunch of stuff out on his tray (I use those divided cafeteria kind) and he MIGHT eat one bite of something.
Any meal time rules? none really. Im just happy if he is actually participating in a meal. He is sooo thin...his weight is fine (33lbs) and he is developing fine otherwise, so the ped is never concerned, but the kid is skin and bones...I dont how on earth he weighs as much as he does.
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

January 18th, 2012, 09:25 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who eats anything and everything? Joel eats most everything...in small (OK, tiny) portions.

Who is picky picky? Not really.

What meal is their favorite? Lunch + peanut butter & jelly = Joel heaven.

Which do they barely eat? Dinner. I think he's way more interested in chatting with Daddy than eating.

Any meal time rules? Stay in your chair, use your napkin, use your fork/spoon, say "Excuse me" if you burp...basic table manners, I guess.

Sara's beautiful children: Cassidy (5y) and Joel (3y 4m) and Timothy (almost 8 months)
Yes, I know I need a new picture .

January 18th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok who eats anything and everything? Allison loves most food but doesn't eat a large amount of it.
Who is picky picky? Not really.
What meal is their favorit? Dinner, for sure.
Which do they barely eat? breakfast. She's not a fan.
Any meal time rules? Don't throw your food to the dog unless we say it's okay.

January 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok since this has come back up I was going to update.

First I want to say it is good to know Ethan isn't the only picky non eater here. But also since I first posted this he has started to eat more! Not a ton but I don't feel like he is starving now. Cycles move so fast with them!

So I implemented the new rule must eat one bite of everything on his plate to leave the table. At first it was hard I mean we spent an hour at the table the first day. But after that it has gotten better. Now he will eat his bite and say all done. I was concerned this would be mean and ineffective but he now eats more things and even choose to eat more bites of something's. I did this because he was making a lot of choices purely off of looks, things I know he would like but refused to even try. So I am happy I made the rule even if it started off so rocky. Now we are focusing on using utensils. It was a novelty for a while now he starts the meal with one then soon it's just hands

January 22nd, 2012, 05:16 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok who eats anything and everything? London. The only thing I can't get him to eat was a plum! LOL
Who is picky picky? nope
What meal is their favorite? currently goolash
Which do they barely eat? nothing the kid is a garbage can!
Any meal time rules? set the table, gets drinks, clear plate when done....we are working on not eating from others plates! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search