My mommy friends...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2012, 07:22 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
I posted about this a while back but I'm still feeling hurt and confused. I have about 4 fellow mommy friends with boys the same age as Adam, 3 of them have babies too... We have mommy and me class together once a week and have become quite close, especially one girl who I met when Adam was just 3 months old... We've gone out to dinner with her and her hub, I brought over dinner and gifts when she had her baby, we've done a bunch of stuff together... Until now. Suddenly she's completely lame, She hasn't asked us to get together once since Noah was born... If we see each other it's because I text her and even then 9 out of 10 times she's says no. I am so tired of reaching out to her to get rejected and so tired of her making zero effort with this "friendship". I really like her, love he kids, we have a lot in common but I guess I just feel like I'm the only one putting forth effort . I really don't think I could say anything to her but my question is, would you just keep making the effort for the sake of Adam keeping his friends? This friend is by far the worst but my others are bad too. I see on Facebook they are out for girls night, didn't invite me. Just the other day my brother and I took the kids to the beach, there's a spot with swings, I show up and find 3 of my mom friends there together, no invitation for me . And no I didn't invite them but it was because I was with my brother, he was wanting to spend time with us. We all ended up hanging out but I def felt like the 3rd wheel. My self esteem is feelin low, aren't Adam and I fun to be with (I ask myself)? Do they not like me but just pretend to? These are Adams only friends... what would you do?
January 12th, 2012, 07:28 AM
After posting this, I went back and read my texts... She's rejected the last 3 invitations and hasn't made one of her own in months.
January 12th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm, sounds like maybe its just not a good fit for some reason...I wouldnt take it too personally. maybe try to find some new people? I really cant offer much advice, since I seriously have zero, and I mean zero "mommy friends" and frankly never have...sans maybe one or two over the span of 25 yrs being a mom. I dont mesh well with most women...all my friends are men except my oldest BF from back home, and she is single with no children.

I get why you feel bad for Adam though since he has bonded with their kids, good thing is kids move on pretty quickly form stuff like that and tend to make friends easily at this age...so he most likely wouldnt be phased if you found some new people to hang with.
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

January 12th, 2012, 11:22 AM
True Mel, about making new friends quickly... I think I should move on from her and stop trying so hard to be her friend... Sad though.
January 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's a big bummer that something just wasn't clicking with you guys and you were left feeling like you got the short end of the stick, but Adam won't care. I think you should pull yourself up by your bootstraps and say heck with them. You obviously have lots to offer someone who wants to put the effort back- no point in wasting it on someone who isn't reciprocating- that isn't much of a friend. (That reminds me that I owe a friend a call back... )

January 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
agree with them! I am sure you are a ton of fun to be with. Whatever their problem is it is NOT yours!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

January 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would try to put them aside and move on. It is super hard to lose a friend! I just went through that/am going through that myself. It sucks!

January 22nd, 2012, 05:12 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
time for real friends I say.
January 22nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
I've stopped trying with her... She always has an excuse and I'm over it! I'll still invite her son to Adams next bday but that's it..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search