Is anyone else's LO still really picky?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Hunter pretty much lives off grilled cheese, french fries, hot dogs, pasta, kraft dinner, toast and occasionally pancakes.... well aside from snacks, he's actually a good snack eater, loves yogurt, cheese, applesauce, crackers. But he wont really TRY anything. Whenever we make something, I always give hunter a plate with a little of everything, but its VERY rare for him to try it, no matter how many times we prompt him to. When he does try something we make a BIG deal out of it.

So I'm just wondering if its still normal for this age or what?

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

January 13th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that is totally normal. My boys are freaks of nature b/c they do try everything, but they definitely have their favorites.

They are super picky about their plate though. They each like certain plates and certain sippy's and forks and want all the food in it's own compartment. I was told this is due to the organizing skills that come in to play at this age. They like to group like items.

Anywho, keep praising him when he tries new stuff, that will help. He will probably get less picky as he gets older, don't you think?

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
January 16th, 2012, 05:17 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
I'm really hoping he gets less picky. It drives me bonkers though because my mom always says its because DH and I are so picky (which we are), but I mean, he doesnt even eat what we eat!

January 16th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Declyns not that picky, but once he discovers something he likes, thats all he wants to eat. We of course have those days where hes like, no i dont want like anything you thought i liked.
January 16th, 2012, 08:41 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declyn&Me View Post
Declyns not that picky, but once he discovers something he likes, thats all he wants to eat. We of course have those days where hes like, no i dont want like anything you thought i liked.
oh man dont you love that?!?! I especially like when I say hunter, mommy's going to make lunch, what should we have? And he tells me hotdog or whatever it is that day, and then I make it and he looks RIGHT at me and says, dont want it! dont want hotdog! cheese sandwich!

January 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Kim
Jenna's a PITA too. She does eat a pretty good variety of things, but refuses to try anything new. She hates things that are mixed together, like rice with veggies, but will eat rice and veggies separately. It's so frustrating.

January 19th, 2012, 07:27 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
My 09er isnt picky at all especially when it comes to what his Dad is eating. If he wont try something I just let dh have some in front of him and suddenly he wants to try it. lol

My 05er on the other hand is the pickiest eater I have ever encountered and trying new things is a huge battle with him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search