Too big or too small

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you prefer your LO's clothes to fit too small or too big? (obviously a perfect fit is best!)

2T is a little small, but 3T is a little big. I'm not sure which to go with. I have plenty of both.

January 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM
~*Seldom.Seen*~'s Avatar Super Mommy
I personally wouldn't want to wear something that is snug, so I don't make my kids wear them snug either.
Zachary is in 3T pants but they are getting too short and 4T shirts. He can wear 3T shirts but if they are long sleeved the arms are too short.

January 17th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I switched Patrick to 3T pants when it started snowing. The little-too-short-ness didn't bother me until he had bare skin that was getting frozen.

It depens on what it is, really.

January 18th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Alexa5
I like his pajamas to be a size up, because although I know they are supposed to be snug, if I buy them in his regular size they are just too snug, especially after some washings.

As for his other clothes, I buy a 4T for his shirts in most brands because 3T seems too little, and although the 4T shirts can be a tiny bit big, it seems to make more sense as they will last him longer.

As for pants, I am sticking with 3T for now, as I think if I bought up a size they would be too big in the waist, and definitely in the length as that is always an issue for him anyway.
January 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa5 View Post
As for pants, I am sticking with 3T for now, as I think if I bought up a size they would be too big in the waist, and definitely in the length as that is always an issue for him anyway.
I think Patrick is already getting slightly too tall for the 3Ts (we stayed in 2T for a long time over the summer even though they were getting short) but they're SO BIG around the waist for him, that I really can't move up. lol

January 18th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Alexa5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I think Patrick is already getting slightly too tall for the 3Ts (we stayed in 2T for a long time over the summer even though they were getting short) but they're SO BIG around the waist for him, that I really can't move up. lol
By the way, if I remember correctly, was it Patrick that you mentioned not gaining weight/losing some weight? If it helps any, yesterday we took Nicholas to his 3 yr appt and though he gained 3 inches in height, he only gained 2.75 lbs over the year.... and he is still fairly high on his percentiles. Just wanted to mention it as I am sure that not gaining/losing a tiny bit could be fairly normal at this age since they don't gain much anyway.

As for the clothes, all other kids I know don't seem to have the length issue Nicholas does...he must be all torso because he is really tall for his age, and it makes no sense otherwise for the pants to always be too long on him :-)
January 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM
babyDamico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
too big! Payton right now is in 5T shirts, the sleeves on some are slightly too long, but 4T is WAY too short in the torso, and 4T adjustable waist pants. 3T fit her width but are super short

We made one wish and two came true, Andrew and Annabelle, we can't wait to meet you!

January 18th, 2012, 12:38 PM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
I say too big too....atleast she can grow into them and you can get more use out of them

January 19th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would also say to big that way they get more use out of it plus John likes his clothes bigger. He is in a 5T shirt and the sleeves are a little long, but we roll them up and he is in a 3T pants which are getting a little snug so its time to move him up to a 4T

January 20th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Some of our kiddos are wearing 5T!

I think I prefer the too big mentality as well. It doesn't seem to bother Joey when she wears "flood pants" but it brings back uncomfortable junior high memories for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search