ABC's

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can your little one sing the ABC's? Do they recognize letters?

February 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Alexa5
He has been belting out the ABC song loudly for many months it seems..... and he seemed to know all of the letters from the first time he sang it (he only would miss one of the letters between h, i, j, k but recently started doing that section right).

He does recognize most letters.

Editing to say he recognizes all letters.... we happened to be doing some flashcards last night and he got them all :-) These are the kind of things you are proud of while you wait for little guys to decide they want to potty train--ha ha.

Last edited by Alexa5; February 9th, 2012 at 05:06 AM.
February 8th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Charlie knows the ABC's, but won't really sing them unless prompted. He just doesn't like to sing any songs on his own (but he'll fill in the blanks with words from any song if you sing the first part for him). He used to recognize all of the capital letters, but I'm not sure he does any more. We haven't really been practicing them enough lately. He does know the sounds that some of them make, though, and the other day he figured out that "p" was for "party"! So I'm pretty proud of him.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
February 9th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Here's Joey singing the ABC's. I think she does an X-tra good job.

ABC 001.MOV - YouTube

Oh and as for recognizing letters, not a single one. I just drew an 'A' and she guessed it was a 'Z'. I tried a 'J' for her name and she guessed it was an 'S'. I did hint to Analiese a month or so ago that maybe she wanted to teach Joey and Zaniyah their letters. Guess she didn't get around to it.

Last edited by Zoostergirl; February 9th, 2012 at 06:22 AM.
February 9th, 2012, 06:06 AM
And for those of you who remember Shellito (Michelle) she just posted this video on FB, which I told her I was borrowing for our PR. hehehe.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...50593694394137

February 9th, 2012, 07:23 PM
ChristinaW's Avatar B-Ster's Mommy
Abby has been singing the ABC's for a very long time. SHe recognizes most letters and is always asking what letter things begin with. She has a game where you need to finish words with the letter that is missing and is able to do that much of the time too.

February 9th, 2012, 07:47 PM
babyDamico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Payton has been singing ABC's for at least a year... we have always sang it while washing our hands.

As for letters, she can recognize all of the letters in her name, and she can write PAY... although sometimes its YAP

February 9th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Patrick can sort of sing parts of the song, he sings ALL the time (as opposed to Erin, who just recently started singing anything at all, so the ABC song is novel for her too).

Patrick can recognize most of his letter even knows their sounds (thank you Leap Frog "The Letter Factory" movie!). He's doing pretty good with numbers too.

February 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
He sings it, but only gets abotu 3/4 of them. It's cute, I'll have to video it.

He recognizes several letters and can tell you the sounds of most of the ones he recognizes. But I attribute that to us singing "every letter makes a sound, teh B says BUH" like the LeapFrog Letter factory video (his favorite right now) and the Fridge Phonics.

HAHAHA, I did quick reply wihtout reading Brittanie's response.

and he recognizes the numbers 1, 2, and 3. He can count to 13 on his own and to 20 with help. He also knows the colors blue, pink, orange and yellow. Struggles with the rest. (heck Sam still confuses pink and purple)

Last edited by MyDuckySam; February 10th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
April 21st, 2012, 09:10 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Blaise has been singing his ABC's since before he turned 2. He could recognize all, capitals and lower case and knew all the sounds they made by last December. We are working on writing them now. He is ok at tracing, but there are only a few he can write without tracing (A goes up, down, and across.) We have been working on sounding out words and spelling, but he hasn't really gotten the concept yet.

He can recognize his numbers 0-9, but he doesn't get the concept of putting two numbers together to get the bigger ones yet (10 and up.) He can count to 20 as long as you don't care he ALWAYS skips 15. He can count to 100 with help at each 10. (He has only done that once from beginning to end, but he does parts of it all the time.) He is doing better with adding and subtracting, as long as the numbers tell him to count can be held up on fingers for him to count (as in less than five.)

April 22nd, 2012, 07:20 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Theo's better at it than Arthur for the song, and they can both recognize most of the letters

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search