Goodbye naps

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By New_England_Girl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2012, 10:03 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
Waaaaaa! I think Adam is done napping.... He hasn't napped in 4 days. Should I give up? How is naptime at your house?
February 22nd, 2012, 03:30 AM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
since the move to the big bed, he hasnt taken one at the normal time...bad thing is, he still really needs it, and gets sooooo cranky at around 5pm that if I lay with him in my bed, he konks right out. too late by 5 to take a nap though, so, I have been putting him to bed at 8, which means he doesnt get to see daddy at all. I really dont know what to do about it. he gets so upset and sad that he doesnt see the dada, he will cry and say "wheres dada?? I neeeed him!" (he is used to dada being there for bedtime) heartbreaking.
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

February 22nd, 2012, 05:01 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, Mel & Joel

This is a really tough stage Joel still takes naps about 60% of the time...the other 40% he just stays up and chats with his sister. The only advantage with him is that he has a very mellow, laid-back personality, so it doesn't affect his mood very much. He's just as likely to climb up in my lap and go to sleep as get cranky. But I have definitely seen a reduction in his naps as well.

Even if Joel doesn't sleep, he definitely still has to be in his bed during naptime, though. Mommy needs the break! And the downtime is good for him too, even if he doesn't like it.

(((HUGS))) Hope it gets better for you soon!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

February 22nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Same as Sara ^! I have seen a reduction, but she still has to be in her bed for that period of time. Its rest time. She went hard core, no naps, for about 2 weeks, and now is back to napping perfectly again. Its on and off from this age on. Its not when THEY are ready, its when YOU are ready.

..... ..
February 23rd, 2012, 05:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily stopped napping for about 2 weeks as well, but we kept putting her in her room and she could play quietly for at least an hour. Now she is back to sleeping.

I am thinking about either moving her nap to 10am or getting rid of it all together because she is waking up so early in the morning. I wonder if she didn't take a nap, if she would sleep later, although I don't want to hear the whining all afternoon long either!

February 24th, 2012, 07:34 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
Oh I didn't realize this could pass? I won't hold my breath though, Adam hates to sleep! I'm trying to be okay with the no naps, the last few days we've laid on the couch and watched a movie, Noah nurses and sleeps... But yesterday Adam was acting wild and kept waking up Noah, grrr! He has been going to bed a little earlier and sleeping a little later...
February 24th, 2012, 08:35 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
We are hit and miss on the naps here too. I try very hard to get him to nap by 3 if he is acting cranky. If he is playing fine and not acting out then I don't push it. I do have the same issue as Mel where if he doesn't nap he goes to bed early and therefore doesn't have much time with Ryan. It stinks!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

February 24th, 2012, 04:05 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
Kaisen is actually doing great with naps. He naps for a couple hours every day at daycare and anywhere between 1 & 4 hours on the weekends I have him. I don't know how he does at daycare, if he goes to sleep easy or not, but it can be a bit of a fight some times on the weekends, but it mostly just because he is tired and he falls asleep fast.

Steph (24)

March 7th, 2012, 01:11 PM
pattijwg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ray rarely naps anymore. He is in bed by 7/7:30.

Allysa 1/25/00
Victoria 4/26/06
Ray 7/24/09
March 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We decided to cut naps out and Lily is sleeping in until 6:30 or 7am instead of 5am!!! Yay!!!

She sooooo needs a nap during the day though. We did start a quiet time, but she sits in her room and screams! All it does is makes me frustrated because she doesn't listen and makes her mad and our whole afternoon is shot! I am still brainstorming another plan there because something has got to give!

March 17th, 2012, 11:20 AM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
We had to cut out Bella's nap, sadly. She was napping but then she'd be up til 9-10pm when their bedtime is 7pm. So we had to cut the nap. Now she goes to bed and within 30mins at the most, she is out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search