Are we close to officially dead?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Alexa5
There are so few of us left. It makes me sad, but I know it happens to so many other PR's over time :-(
February 22nd, 2012, 06:47 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
I'm sorry. It's no one's fault! I guess life just happens. People get busy and move on to other things.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
February 22nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not quite dead, but definitely on life support.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Alexa5
Oh, I know it is noone's fault. I will miss it though, because through the years I think some of the best information I have received was from here. And it is nice to share experiences with parents of children the same age.

I do not do facebook, and I only have one child, so the PR was a great option for me.

It was great while it lasted.....!
February 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM

If you ever join FB look me up! Jessica Myatt Baker

February 22nd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I just never have anything interesting going on...

February 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Zach & Lola's Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Madigan
Sigh. This makes me sad.
I like, NEVER log in to JM anymore.
I am a FBaholic and it stinks that is why the PRs are dying...
I wish that JM had an easy mobile app, that would likely keep us posting, ya know?

Props to ~:Kellarazzi:~ for my fab siggy.

February 24th, 2012, 09:41 PM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
we've had a lot of stress going on (justin lost his job a few weeks ago...sooo we've been hot and heavy in job searching) and we went over our bandwith limits on our internet last month (IT FINALLY RESET ON TUESDAY!!!) so I've had to internet on my phone...and we all know how fun JM is on the phone....

Justin starts his new job monday....and I am gunna get a new internet service with no limits. Hopefully I wont have to stay away like that again for a very long time lol

February 27th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Alexa5
Bummer that he lost his job, but great news that he found another one so quickly! Will it be better than the last one (I know you had some frustrations about the old one at times)?
February 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
yes mam....his old job was MISERABLE....it was kinda a relief when he lost it cus we didnt have to deal with them anymore (but not because not having a job sucks) fortunately we have some savings put up....he was off work for 4 weeks (I think tomorrow would have been 4 weeks...and he started the new job today) and we only had to dip a little bit into our savings sooo I'm pretty happy about that....I have been practicing being Frugal.....I dont like it hahaha I miss feeling like I could just go out and do what I want (TRUST ME...I know that I should be more frugal in regular life....but it's no fun being forced into it lol

This place has to be better than the last tho.....I mean most of their employees have been there 15-20+ years so they have to be doing SOMETHING right??

we counted the other day and where he WAS working in the last 2 and a half years they had 23 new people come in (and most of those no longer work there) they didnt do anything right to keep people.....

so hopefully he will be MUCH happier here

February 29th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
I have had a lot of stuff going.. I officially moved out of my parents house!
February 29th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Elizabeth09 View Post
I have had a lot of stuff going.. I officially moved out of my parents house!
Yay!

March 2nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover

March 3rd, 2012, 04:25 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2baylee&levi View Post
yes mam....his old job was MISERABLE....it was kinda a relief when he lost it cus we didnt have to deal with them anymore (but not because not having a job sucks) fortunately we have some savings put up....he was off work for 4 weeks (I think tomorrow would have been 4 weeks...and he started the new job today) and we only had to dip a little bit into our savings sooo I'm pretty happy about that....I have been practicing being Frugal.....I dont like it hahaha I miss feeling like I could just go out and do what I want (TRUST ME...I know that I should be more frugal in regular life....but it's no fun being forced into it lol

This place has to be better than the last tho.....I mean most of their employees have been there 15-20+ years so they have to be doing SOMETHING right??

we counted the other day and where he WAS working in the last 2 and a half years they had 23 new people come in (and most of those no longer work there) they didnt do anything right to keep people.....

so hopefully he will be MUCH happier here
It sounds like the switch may actually be for the better, even if the cause of the switch wasn't ideal. What does your DH do? How is he liking his new job so far?

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
March 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I haven't been on JM too much lately. I poke around but after my 2nd loss last month I have been laying low on the TTC boards so I just stay away from JM so I won't be tempted.

Hopefully things will be back to normal soon!

March 15th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seri0uslyc0nfused View Post
I haven't been on JM too much lately. I poke around but after my 2nd loss last month I have been laying low on the TTC boards so I just stay away from JM so I won't be tempted.

Hopefully things will be back to normal soon!
Big huge hugs Elaina. I had four losses in a row, so I can relate. It's so disheartening. It will happen for you, I know! Lots of baby and sticky dust headed your way.

March 15th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Alexa5
I, too, am sorry for your losses! That is so hard!

By the way, this thread seems to be an accurate replication of our PR demise....there are a few hundred views and only a small fraction of replies :-)
March 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about that Elaina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa5 View Post
I, too, am sorry for your losses! That is so hard!

By the way, this thread seems to be an accurate replication of our PR demise....there are a few hundred views and only a small fraction of replies :-)
I think that not having a phone app makes it hard for people to repy.

March 16th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Alexa5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about that Elaina!

I think that not having a phone app makes it hard for people to repy.
That is what I mean...there are multiple reasons for most of the PR's dying--and that is one of them, (along with facebook). I just found it humorous that our thread about dying had so many views and not many replies, which was what was happening to many of the threads over time.

I am just a snarky person, and find humor easily :-)
March 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
nina711's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just wanted to say hi i miss the pr too i ususally try to check in on my phone hope all are doing well and maybe since im due any day and will be on maternity leave maybe ill be able to get back on more although im going to be trying to figure out how to balance two kids sooooo lol we shall see.

I breastfed for 14 months!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search