The Miscarriage that Won't End.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I figured I should update here.

After 7 months of trying, we finally got pregnant!

Except after a week or so, I realized my tests were not progressing in darkness. By 18 dpo with my daughter the test was way darker than the control and came up instantly. All my tests had been the same - medium darkness - since about 12 dpo.

I called a midwife friend who let me come in for a beta on the 16th. It was 34, which while not 100% COMPLETELY indicative of miscarriage, certainly is when you have already been getting positive tests for 9 days. But I didn't even need the results as I woke up bleeding.

I bled a lot and lost about the same amount as a light period. I bled for 1.5 days and spotted for the remaining half day. Was done by the 19th. Probably lost 45 mls (Diva cup).

Tuesday the 21st, my tests were all every bit as dark as they were before my beta and bleeding. They have stayed the same throughout. I asked my midwife friend for another beta and she said no, I needed an ultrasound to know anything.

So I finally called an OB and made an appointment. He said it didn't sound like I bled enough for a miscarriage. Ultrasound showed nothing and he did not see anything in my right tube. Could not find my left tube to check. Said there was still a bit of lining in my uterus.

Beta yesterday. One week after my beta of 34. It was 56. I was sure this was indicative of ectopic but the OB thought there was just remaining tissue and put me on provera - another blood draw Monday (the 27th) and appointment Tuesday (today). I assume to try to find the left tube.

Today
Well, my HCG, which took a full week to climb 18 points, jumped from 56 to 173 in 4 days. They didn't have the results in when my appointment started, so he left me with a "I am 99% sure everything is fine." Then my result came in and in 5 seconds that totally changed to "Everything is definitely NOT fine."

So now it's not between incomplete miscarriage or ectopic anymore - it's between molar pregnancy and ectopic and neither is good. I had to do more freaking bloodwork and I go for a shot of methotrexate tomorrow morning. I have to stay for an hour after it for observation and weekly appointments and blood draws until my HCG is below 5.

If it turns out to be molar, not only will it take 2-3 months to be clear of it, but I can't TTC for 6-12 months after that.

Last edited by Sk8ermaiden; February 28th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
February 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. :'( I will be praying. ((((hugs)))))

Is there any chance that it is still very early and that you lost a twin? That would show a drop in numbers and then an increase again. (I'm sorry, just pulling at straws here in hope).

February 28th, 2012, 08:31 PM
That was actually my thought after the initial beta and bleeding, but with the betas I have had it's definitely not a viable pregnancy. I'd be 6 weeks.

February 28th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh Kellie, Im so sorry. Miscarriage is awful enough, but then to add in extra medical procedures and tests dragging things out just adds salt to the wound. I miscarried at 10 weeks, 6 mos before getting pg with Joel, and something similar happened to me. I never did pass much of anything on my own, and I had to have a D&C after 2 failed attempts of taking misoprostol. It ended up being a 4 week process altogether, and it was grueling both physically and emotionally. I hope thats not how this ends up for you and you can have it over and done with as soon as possible so you can focus on recovering. :-(
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

February 28th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry. Hugs

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
February 28th, 2012, 09:28 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, Kellie, that really sucks. I'm so sorry. I hope it isn't a molar and it resolves quickly.

February 29th, 2012, 12:01 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
So sorry mama (
February 29th, 2012, 08:14 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, that all super sucks. Up, down, a little up, down, way down... Not the emotional roller coaster you really need. I'm so sorry sweetie. Try to stay focused on each day as it comes, find a little joy in Elizabeth's antics and other things that are stable in your life, allow yourself to be sad- but try not to let it eat you up, and know that we're here to listen and be sad with you.

February 29th, 2012, 10:53 AM
mommy2eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry Kellie!

Wife to Garrett
Mother to Eden (7/13/09) and Cooper (7/28/2010)
Follower of Jesus
February 29th, 2012, 12:33 PM
ashbbrunton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sooo sorry Kellie Hope you are able to quickly find peace and everything works out for TTC sooner rather than later. Thinking of you guys!

Thank You so much Typical Vampire for my Gorgeous Siggy!!!!

February 29th, 2012, 12:34 PM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
That is awful.

I have a very close friend who went through the same thing. It ended up being a molar pregnancy, but they didn't have to wait for nearly as long as the doctor's thought they would. They had a really hard time getting pregnant with the molar, and then when it was resolved they got pregnant really quickly. I hope the same happens for you.

..... ..
February 29th, 2012, 01:32 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, Kellie When I miscarried my first it was a long, drawn-out process as well, and it was a terribly draining time. I hope you get some answers soon, and then your rainbow baby after that

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

February 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnLove View Post
That is awful.

I have a very close friend who went through the same thing. It ended up being a molar pregnancy, but they didn't have to wait for nearly as long as the doctor's thought they would. They had a really hard time getting pregnant with the molar, and then when it was resolved they got pregnant really quickly. I hope the same happens for you.
Thanks everyone.

And wow, I am surprised they took that risk. The concern with molar is they can be cancerous can often come back, just like other cancers and the waiting period is because they need to closely monitor your HCG, as that will be the clue it has returned. They can't do that when you're pregnant. I mean, I really want to be pregnant again, but if that was it I don't think I could shrug off the medical advice. Even if it's "only" ectopic I'm not supposed to get pregnant for a few cycles at a minimum and probably 3 because it depletes ALL folic acid from your body and you have to rebuild it.

February 29th, 2012, 07:46 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kellie, I am so sorry. My miscarriage at 8 weeks was drawn out enough ( bleeding from the sch, ultrasounds every few days from 5 weeks to 8 weeks only to see a viable fetus with a heartbeat and then finally no heartbeat and having to do misoprostol ). I would not wish a longer more drawn out process on my worst enemy. I am really praying this is not a molar pregnancy and that you are able to TLC again in a few short months. A mama in Adams ddc had a molar prior to her son being born the same month as Adam and she was able to get pregnant again, but it did take about 7 months before she had betas <5 constantly long enough to get the green light, and hers was a partial molar caught much later so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with how long it took for her to clear completely. I'm praying for you, mama.

Last edited by MamaRN; February 29th, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
March 1st, 2012, 05:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Kellie, I am so sorry. ((((HUGS))))

March 1st, 2012, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Kellie! I'm so sorry!! A miscarriage is awful but to add even more bad news on top of it is just, well, it totally sucks. I really, really hope and pray it isn't a molar. Not that an ectopic is great but I guess it's the lesser of the 2 evils. ((hugs))

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
March 9th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Any updates kellie?

March 9th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Had an appointment Wednesday. Yeah, so as I'm sitting there waiting (forever) they wheel in the ultrasound machine and I'm like, Oh dang. That's not good. But it wasn't too bad. My numbers went down to 54. I would have been pleased but he expected something in the teens or lower. So ultrasound, pelvic, blah blah. Lining looks "better" which means there's less of it, which means this infernal spotting is actually doing something. Still no sign of the left tube and ovary. Saw my scar though!

Sooooo...another beta Monday. Call for results Tuesday afternoon. If it's in the teens he will be happy, weekly betas until zero. If in the 20s he'll let me wait one more week and see what happens. If 30 or greater, D&C next week.

March 10th, 2012, 05:59 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kellie! I hope your numbers are down to the teens Mon/Tues

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

March 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I hope it drops to less than 20 for you by next week, keep us posted, ok?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search