Status of the Casey Potty Training!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By *Candi*
  • 1 Post By sarahmomma
  • 1 Post By HopeToBeAMom
  • 1 Post By sarahmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Day 1: Ummm, lots of messes. We went cold turkey, put them in undies and pj pants so they could take them down easy. We put them on the pot every 30 min - 1 hour and our favorite phrase of the day was "do you have to go potty?" We didn't leave the house, just focused on the potty. Each kid wet/poo'd like 7 pairs of undies, so yeah, at least 21 changes and carpet clean ups. No successes, or so we thought.

Day 2: Woke up and hubby said, who put pee in the pot? There was pee in the pot first thing before anyone was awake, which means obviously someone went yesterday and we missed it and didn't get to praise them or give them any skittles We were majorly bummed. I think it was hubby's fault b/c he put the last kid on for the night and made him sit for 5 min, so I think he just missed that he actually went in there. Anywhoo, today we have had no success whatsoever with Braeden and Patrick, but Jamison had accidents all morning and then finally said "I gotta go pee" and we rushed him over and he peed in the potty!! We had a party, made a big deal and let all the kids have some skittles!

Now it's time to figure out how to work this with 1 kid responding and the others are not. Think we will continue with Jamison but put Braeden and Patrick back in diapers or at least pull ups for another month or so til they are ready.

So that's the update!!!! Ladies, this is NOT easy. I am worn out.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
March 11th, 2012, 04:22 PM
erika182's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow!!!
I give you props for trying cold turkey with 3 at once You are brave!
Keep up the good work.

March 12th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, well, we didn't have any more successes for the rest of the day on Sunday. I think from what I have read, if you have no improvement or very little response after 2 days, then bag it for a couple more months. That is what we are going to do until maybe later this spring. At least now I know what to expect when we try again.

IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
March 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM
erika182's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very true!
It will just wear you down and drive you nuts if you keep going and they are not ready.

March 13th, 2012, 05:48 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
I think thats a good plan. Its so hard to know when one is ready, nevermind 3! I think you're doing great!

I dont know what your nighttime routine is, but for a long time we have offered hunter to sit on the potty right before his bath. He doesnt always want to, but 75% of the time he will, and especially with the running water in the background, he will at least sprinkle. I think its really helped him 'get' what the potty is for, without stressing him or me out about it, kwim??? Not to say that its going to help when we actually go full force, but I'm hoping! LOL
sarahmomma likes this.

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

March 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's a great idea Candi and now that we are moving into summer and warmer weather, we will have dirtier boys that will need nightly baths. We will give this a try.

IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
March 18th, 2012, 02:02 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Have you considered a sticker chart? For now just offer for them to sit on the potty first thing in the am and before a bath and when they go give just the child who went some skittles and put a sticker on his chart and then after so many stickers he gets a little reward. You will often see who is ready just by who starts gaining interest in trying to collect those stickers and when one of the boys starts regularly peeing at atleast one of the two times each day you can cold turkey train that one or ones if more than one of the boys picks it up at the same time. Even if it takes a few months it is a great no pressure way of practicing potty training.
HopeToBeAMom likes this.
March 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, now I'm eating all of the skittles. Yikes
sarahmomma likes this.

IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
March 19th, 2012, 11:19 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I was totally guilty of that with the boys too. It's like oh well they didn't get their skittles today but hey Mommy peed on her potty lots of times so she deserves a treat. lol
HopeToBeAMom likes this.
March 22nd, 2012, 11:33 PM
.kelley.'s Avatar formerly kktegan
Send a message via AIM to .kelley.
Tegan was a lot harder to potty train than Daphne. When potty training Tegan, i strictly kept him in undies with no pants on. I did the 30-60 minute thing for him and it finally clicked after about 3 days, good luck mama!
March 27th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi shannon~~ was lurking here catching up on your PR and saw your post. wanted to tell you that lissa is having the same issues with her twins. garrett is much more ready that cody is. she does the "put on potty before bath' thing too, in fact started it a looong time ago. garrett is having longer and longer stretches of staying dry in his diaper so i think by summer he will pt'd. cody though~ i don't see that for a while.

~~terre~~
April 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL2lissy8 View Post
hi shannon~~ was lurking here catching up on your PR and saw your post. wanted to tell you that lissa is having the same issues with her twins. garrett is much more ready that cody is. she does the "put on potty before bath' thing too, in fact started it a looong time ago. garrett is having longer and longer stretches of staying dry in his diaper so i think by summer he will pt'd. cody though~ i don't see that for a while.
Good to know! So good to hear from you, I've missed ya!

IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search