Let the PTing begin!!!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Owen isn't necessarily showing a lot of signs so this might be an abysmal failure, but we are embarking on this journey NOW. He is one of the stinkiest poopers in the world and I just am ready to challenge him a bit on this! So far today no hits and one miss since starting after two poops in a row. Wish us luck!!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

March 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! We tried a few times with little success and then got down to brass tacks when it was looking like we were ready to make the move. I know we struggled with dealing with 2 full time working parents, so having the time to dedicate was rough. I'm sure you're in the same boat with 3 kiddos! We really needed to put in the time on our end to get James to always use the toilet. It was a bigger commitment for us to have that regular interruption that for him!

We started with real underwear at home and 15-20 minute timers. We moved to 30, and then did cold turkey just asking occasionally if he had to go. We had a few accidents, but mostly he stayed dry after a week or two. Recently, we've had one poop in underwear, a few partial pees in pants, and a semi-traumatic almost made it to the potty and then ended up standing in a puddle of pee morning today. (I don't think we'll have many more of those- he really didn't like it!)

We had been doing sticker rewards for ages, but it didn't really seem to encourage staying dry- he just liked getting them when we put him on the potty ourselves. Then we've been doing those capsules that release a foam animal for days when he stays dry (or mostly dry). I again don't know how much it affects his behavior- I think the biggest influence for him is being proud of himself. We had given him a new puzzle the first day he stayed dry; I think I'll give him the other tomorrow I bought since he's done great since. Then we might be done with most of the rewards.

I hope it goes as smoothly for you. James has really taken to it. We have even had mostly dry naps and overnights too and he is getting over using full size bathrooms when we are out and about. I need to get some sort of travel seat or potty that I can have in the car; he woke up from a light snooze a couple of weeks ago heading home from MA and had a freak out that he had to go and didn't want to go in his pullup (that I put on for the ride.) It was stressful for me to find a fast exit with a potty so that I didn't encourage a backslide- I would like to an option for in the car. (I also need to have DH teach James to go standing up.)

And I think next week we'll go from doing pullups at daycare to full on cloth. He does ok in the pullups, but does better in cloth underwear. The downside? His pants are not staying up as well with no more fuzzy butt- that kid has nothing to hold clothes up!

March 16th, 2012, 10:40 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
GREAT suggestions and encouragement! I am so ready for him to train that I need it! Leila didn't train until closer to 3 1/2 but she was full on resistant. Owen is a lot more bendable.

I am not sure that he is ready ready though because he literally was nude, sitting in his puddle of pee for who knows how long at one point today. I am going to keep encouraging and striping him, etc.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

March 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
ugh potty training is giving me a headache. he has days that are amazing, telling me he has to go, holding it etc... and then days its accident after accident. and with having a baby around, I just don't have a lot of time or patience. I just don't get why some days are good and others are fails? I haven't tried a chart yet, maybe I will. I tried the m & m's... didn't work at all. Also, he poops A LOT, 4 times a day.... and is a heavy wetter. sigh.
March 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
Ugh I DREAD PT. Bella has brought me her potty chair and asked to PT and i've sat her on the potty and nothing so far. She is showing signs but i dont think she is 100% ready yet. THat or maybe i'm just too lazy atm I REALLY want her PT tho by the summer hmm. I attempted it one day and in a span of 5mins, she had peed 3 different times Jax PT'd in 3-4 days 2 months before he turned 3.

March 17th, 2012, 12:57 PM
mommy2eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eden is potty trained. I have learned that pull-up (except at night) are a no-no. She realizes she can pee in them and not feel wet. So we are attempting for the first time ever to do naps/rest time in undies. This means I have to check on her a few times and take her to the toilet. Sucks that during that time I need to get her and check on her a lot but it is better than a peed in pull-up.

Oh and she just got over her fear of toilets and will go on a potty seat on the toilet!!!

Wife to Garrett
Mother to Eden (7/13/09) and Cooper (7/28/2010)
Follower of Jesus
March 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
J is completely pee trained, he doesnt wear diapers or pull-ups or anything EXCEPT when he has to poop. he flat out refuses to poop anywhere but a diaper, I mean full on sobbing trauma if I even suggest he not get that diaper to poop in. I wont battle it, so....he gets the one diaper a day to poop, until he is ready. Outside of that, he is doing just fine, and goes pee standing up on his own, without even asking for help...he just goes in the bathroom, and goes. good luck, I hope he catches it quickly and you can stop cleaning up poop!! lol
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

March 19th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't use pull-ups on Allison during the day. She knows she can pee in them. So, now, she just wears a night time pull-up. She isn't night trained, yet, and that's fine. I got her a video, "Potty Power" and she loved it. It makes a big deal about being a big kid and going on the potty. I also rewarded her with money for her piggy bank. M&M's as a reward didn't work for her. I made a chart, too, which she liked. I also let her pick out her own panties at the store so they would be special. Good luck!

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
April 2nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
pattijwg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel531 View Post
J is completely pee trained, he doesnt wear diapers or pull-ups or anything EXCEPT when he has to poop. he flat out refuses to poop anywhere but a diaper, I mean full on sobbing trauma if I even suggest he not get that diaper to poop in. I wont battle it, so....he gets the one diaper a day to poop, until he is ready. Outside of that, he is doing just fine, and goes pee standing up on his own, without even asking for help...he just goes in the bathroom, and goes. good luck, I hope he catches it quickly and you can stop cleaning up poop!! lol
Mel, my Victoria was like that! it was sooo hard to get her to poop in the potty! she'd even go to the corner of her room and hide and go! I finally put her little potty in the corner of her room. I guess maybe she felt like she had more privacy?lol eventually I hid in a corner of the bathroom, between toilet and counter.I also did a small treat bag. It had anything from candy to McDonald toys to little dollar things I'd pick up. She loved picking a prize. It still took a while but eventually she got the hang of it.

I am trying to PT Ray. not really trying hard though. He does really good the first half of the day, but then I get busy ad forget to ask him and that's the end. He is JUST now to the point he'll stay dry for an hour or more. He'll tell me WHEN he goes, but not before. He just isn't ready. so I am not pushing it.We're just taking our time.

Allysa 1/25/00
Victoria 4/26/06
Ray 7/24/09

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search