Weight/body image status?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amyhk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 10:39 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
What is the weight and/or body image status? Are you happy where you are at? Working on losing weight or getting more in shape? Not happy and not ready to work on things?

I am soooooo not happy with where I am at but also not sure that I am ready to work on things. I am still working on getting the meds for the PPD right and just don't think that is a battle I am ready to undertake.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

March 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm out of shape and was at the max weight that I could live with myself with. (Which is of course overdramatic- I'm not diving off a cliff if I get fatter.) I'm not really doing much in terms of exercise, but I've been trying to be better about portions and booze intake.

I'd like to say I've got the enthusiasm to take on just a little more activity- like standing for 30 minutes at a time at the office or taking some (all?) the flights of stairs to the office or in the parking garage. (That's 5 flights at the office and 3-4 in the garage.) Even that would be a big up-tick. And I should really do more veggies. But I'm not and I'm not stressing about it. At this rate I'm just trying to stay steady or drop 5.

March 16th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am really, really unhappy about the way I look. I hate that I'm just a few pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight but everything has just shifted and spread out that I'm not even close to fitting into what I used to wear. I'm not ready to work on it, either. Blah. We're ttc again now, too, so everything is going to spread even more. just shoot me.

March 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
I'm okay- it could be better! I've got about 9lbs to lose to be where i want to be at my goal weight! Just need to get the mom belly pouch to slim down. I've been working out and monitoring my food intake since Jan.

March 17th, 2012, 12:43 PM
mommy2eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am doing okay. It's this dang flabby belly of mine. I am not fat but my abs are waaaaaaay out of shape and I have a little pooch of fat right around my belly button that I can't get rid of. I might try and start working out again but we shall see.

Wife to Garrett
Mother to Eden (7/13/09) and Cooper (7/28/2010)
Follower of Jesus
March 19th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh hell...I really just dont care. weight has never been anything I cared about until it became a health issue for me, and I HAD to drop about 50 lbs...so I lost 68, then recently gained back about 15, so...ideally Id like to lose that 15. I've discovered that I am just not meant to be thin...if I eat a normal diet with a normal amt of food..not even much junk, Im a chunk. The only way for me to stay even close to what "average" is for my age and height, is to eat 1200 cals or less a day, and most of that consists of nastiness like twigs and berries. I just have no desire to live like that in order to be trim, it's not worth it. So, I eat mostly healthy stuff, with the occasional splurge of something awful...and I watch my portions. With that plan, Im still going to be fat, and Im ok with that.
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

March 19th, 2012, 11:12 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty happy with my current weight. I've never really had an issue with the number on the scale. I'd like to be in better shape... that requires working out. Which requires motivation. I'm working on that.
mommy2eden likes this.

March 21st, 2012, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not happy. I feel very out of shape and "fluffy". I just need to tighten things up, but I am finding ZERO time to do that in! I guess it must not be that important to me or I would make time.

March 21st, 2012, 09:15 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
Never been more unhappy my boobs are gross my tummy looks like I'm like 5 mos prego still I just feel gross, I'm 20lbs overweight but it's more about how clothes fit me, they just dont... A bikini at this point would be completely out of the question. I have just started working out and watching my diet so we'll see.
March 22nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I have always been skinny and it is hard for me to gain weight except when I live in Portland I was over weight there. After Ethan I got too skinny and could keep my weight up. This time I am 5 lbs over per pregnancy but am really happy with it. But not happy with my lose flabby tummy. I have been working on it but I keep getting horrible migraines if I work out with any kind of vigor. So I am kinda stuck right now. I am a super active person and am hating not being able to do much. This belly seems impossible to get rid of. Though I think it is mostly just lose skin and untone muscles. I will be in Cali on the beach in 2 wks and just don't think I am going to be all that comfortable.

Jen I know for me working out helps my ppd. But some of it is the break I get because I belong to the YMCA. They adjust according to income and we decided we would pay the extra if it helps my mental status lol. On weeks I don't get there I fall really low. Like the last two weeks since kids are sick. Sometimes I go just to sit in the hot tub

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
March 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
I am back to just above my pre-pregnancy weight. So I'm not too happy about it, but the most I've been doing lately is just kind of watching what I eat. With my new job and only an hour for lunch, I'm really lacking the motivation and time to work out.

Steph (24)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search