Throwing in the towel?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2012, 08:37 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Andrea and I, your hosts, were talking and we're both feeling like we're fighting an uphill battle to keep this board alive and kicking. With the Facebook group busy and significantly easier to access via mobile device, not many people are visiting this board, let alone posting much.

We've tried to get things going, but it isn't really working. And it isn't really anyone's fault- just a reality of accessibility and everyone's schedules. (And maybe our boring posts, ha!)

We're probably both going to step down as hosts. It's not that we want to abandon ship per se, but it kind of feels like a ghost ship here and that we're going down with it! I'll still pop in and try to keep new posts coming now and again, but it doesn't feel like many folks are going to miss our few host posts.

Any pleas to get us to stay?! Anyone want to weigh in on what we've got going here?

March 26th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Like you said, it seems like most people are done with this board. It's a shame too. I think everyone was very clear on fb that they do no visit here, mainly from the lack of a mobile app. Uphill battle indeed.

March 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM
mommy2eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a smart phone but facebook loads faster on my computer and with limited time with 3 kids, I tend to just gravitate towards that. You two have been wonderful! You were both appreciated by many of us!!!!

Wife to Garrett
Mother to Eden (7/13/09) and Cooper (7/28/2010)
Follower of Jesus
March 27th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww I hate to see it go, I really do....this is so much easier to follow with the topics/threads being categorized like they are (not like that on FB, and because of that I miss sooooo much on the FB group because I simply dont see it) but I get why so many people prefer the convenience of FB and the mobile ap...although I myself refuse to have a smart phone, so I am not one of them, lol. We have all been together for so very long...I hate to see it disbanded, sad ...but I get it. You guys have done a fine job as hosts, I think it's just JM is becoming a dinosaur of sorts, and as with everything...things that are newer, faster, and more tech advanced, win out. boooo.
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

March 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Gracie2345's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree, you both have done a wonderful job, but it is n uphill battle. The other 2 boards I follow have no activity. I am a major lurker & seldom post, but I loved having this board to come to. I have been resisting joining the FB group, but looks like I might have to.

Thanks for all your hard work.

March 27th, 2012, 11:56 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont' have a smartphone either, so the lack of mobile stuff doesn't affect me. I just recently figured out how to sneak by the firewall here to get to FB, but if they figure it out, I'm sure I'll be blocked again. In which case I'll be a little more active here- it's one of my distractions to keep me going during the day.

Like Mel, I like the organization of the forum format. FB is all fine and good, but things move around weird and it's hard to know if I've seen all the latest posts. But being here is like shouting across a canyon- you can't see if anyone is over on the other side and if they are, it can take a while to hear the response. Not exactly the tight knit community we shared 1-3 years ago.

I may just stick around as a "host" so that it doesn't look totally abandoned if someone comes by and wants info or to chat. At least until they kick me out for not putting up enough posts! I just don't have the energy to try and guess about new posts that might be interesting enough to get people talking.

March 27th, 2012, 08:38 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
I hate to see our board go bye bye I think also with our kids getting older and easier we don't have as much to share or ask. But I say just remain a host! What if we each commit to stopping by at least twice a week and posting at least twice? I could do that! HOw about this fun idea! Collect our cell #s and text us with topic teasers! Hahah lots of work
March 27th, 2012, 10:18 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Like I said on FB I hate to see it go. I prefer this format but get the ease of FB now that I have a smartphone. I have really been struggling with getting on my computer but I can try harder to get on it instead of just on my phone. I really don't want the board to drop by the wayside.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

March 28th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I prefer this format over the fb page as well. In fact, I rarely post on the fb page. I say, keep your name up there as host! I think that is a good idea.

One of the saddest things about this for me is I think of all the newly pg people, or those TTC who aren't going to find the same welcoming board I did. I loved having this resource of ladies who were knowledgeable in so many subjects! Maybe the TTC boards and the DDC's will always be active, but what if there are a core group of women who move to fb and those boards become ghost towns as well. It makes me sad people who are in search of comfort and information may not get that here.

April 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
pattijwg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I have not been around ladies!! Life is so busy!I don't even get on FB as much as I used to. I love you all!

Allysa 1/25/00
Victoria 4/26/06
Ray 7/24/09
April 5th, 2012, 10:11 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I rarely get on anymore. I suck also. You guys are doing great with what you have to work with. I'm sorry its not easier.
December 13th, 2012, 11:29 PM
My life suck too. You all are lucky.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search