Who are the people in your neighborhood?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2012, 07:05 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's your neighborhood like? Rural and remote, tightly packed?

Do you interact with your neighbors much? Do you like them?

Are there kids in the neighborhood for your little one(s) to hang out with?

March 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What's your neighborhood like? Rural and remote, tightly packed? Our neighborhood is "rural and remote" I guess because we're in the mountains. Our houses aren't as spread out as if we lived out in the country.

Do you interact with your neighbors much? Do you like them? No, I don't interact with them much. I see the lady that lives right next door pretty often and we say Hi and chit chat a bit. I bake bread or other treats for her once in a while and she gives the girl's Christmas gifts. She's a very nice lady and I like her. But, she's pretty much the only one I talk to often. We have a lot of neighbors that only come up during warm weather months so, we'll be seeing them soon. The people that are directly across from us are crazy and I'm sure the son is using meth. There's an old lady there who is nice but very, very forgetful. She's nice. Then there's another woman there that, every time I see her, she's walking around in a ratty bathrobe. I know we're in the mountains but, seriously? And, then there's the mother of the meth-son. She's nice but seems a little on the dim-witted side. I won't say much more than that about her. There's an old man down the street who keeps to himself but he likes my dog. No kids on the street other than a teen or two.

Are there kids in the neighborhood for your little one(s) to hang out with?

March 29th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Mel531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we live in the city, so it's pretty tightly packed. True "old fashioned" neighborhood style I guess...sidewalks, blocks, etc. I wouldnt say I interact with my neighbors A LOT, but I do see/speak to most of them regularly. I like them all really...super nice people. Most of them are older couples...with a few singles here and there. The lady right next door, her name is Gwen is a Psychologist, and a really nice, but quiet and reserved lady. She always smiles and waves and asks me how i am, etc. Down one house from her is an older couple, Dotty and Dave (like you guys care what their names are? HA!) and they are sweet grandparents...that love little man and always want to swoon over him. We have one "weirdo" and he is the other nextdoor neighbor. He's sweet and gentle and very nice, but he's a little "off". He is very disheveled and quirky, and doesnt go out much, he's a bit of recluse. He is a retired prison guard and the "story" is he suffered some form of mental trauma in a riot at the prison back in the early 80's. Im pretty convinced he is a hoarder. his house is very unkempt from the outside and his car is loaded to the roof with junk inside it. He is the only one on the block that doesnt put much in to his yard or the upkeep of his property..so he stands out a lot.

We dont have any kids at all on our block, but plenty in the neighborhood...none that I would relish J hanging with though.
Seth 7-6-98, and Joel 7-13-09

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search