Another Update on Us

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2012, 11:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ladies,

So we saw the oncologist 2 wks ago for a regular follow up for my husband. The oncologist seemed pretty pleased with how my husband is doing. Unless something popped up on the blood work and we got a phone call, that everything was normal. We brought up TTC and if it would be appropriate to have another SA done and get his testosterone level checked because since cancer and chemo, he has no sex drive. The oncologist agreed to the SA but was like what if your count is low are you going to just wait&let nature takes it course or would you want to take something for it...etc. We were like we hadn't even thought of that and really thought that was putting the cart before the horse. So my DH just needs to go have the SA done and we will go from there. Of course AF was visiting when we saw the oncologist so I took what he said next personally. He said well there are many reasons for infertility, he looked at me and my husband and back at me again. I really felt he was implying that we weren't getting preggo b/c I'm a little overweight. DH and I have held to the fact we knew it would be easier and cheaper to rule him out first for why we aren't getting preggo. But if everything checked out for him, then I would do whatever needs to be done. But obviously things worked fine before because we have a handsome little boy and had a miscarriage before I got preggo with DS. Anyway, I have taken a break from here because AF came a week late and during that week DH was on cloud 9 thinking for sure we had finally got lucky. He was so disappointed when AF came and it was horrible, worse than my normal AF. I know we have only been going at this for 6mos but I felt it was necessary to just step back for a bit.

Love Ya,
Sarah Jane

P.S. If TTC wasn't hard enough DH has decided to remodel the kitchen all himself. So I have been without a kitchen for about a week now and it is driving me crazy. I'm just ready to have a nice kitchen to work in. Luckily enough my parents are going to take our DS for about a month while DH does the kitchen remodel. DH thinks this project will only take 2 wks but I'm pretty sure it will take closer to 4-5wks. I love DH but he isn't really a handy man but I didn't marry him to be a handy man, I married him because he shares the same passion I do to help people.

April 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
I'm glad to hear that your DH is doing better, but sorry to hear about the TTC woes. Have you gotten the results of the sperm analysis back yet? I share your frustration about TTC. I'm dying to be preggo again, but I haven't even gotten AF back yet since Beau's birth, so I know I'm not ovulating. (It took a year before AF returned with Charlie as well, so I was expecting this, but it's still frustrating). Hopefully we both get our BFP's soon! And wow, that's really generous of your parents to offer to watch DS for a whole month! Have you ever been away from DS for that long before? I hope everything goes smoothly for you. It would be really tough to try to remodel a kitchen with a young one running all around the house.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search