Cranky after nap

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Veteran
My daughter wakes up in the morning all smiles and sunshine. After her nap is a different story altogether. Often she'll wake up from her nap very cranky. If I leave her alone, she'll do her own thing and eventually snap out of it, but if I talk to her, I get all sorts of cranky in return. Sometimes she'll wake up screaming (frustrated screaming, not scared screaming) and won't let me touch her. If I try to get her out of bed, she'll throw herself down. If I try to leave the room, she'll get up and start screaming louder. If I sit in the chair, she just continues to cry.

Anybody else? Is this just a "she's two <shrug>" thing or is there something I can do to help her out?

April 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My boys are usually cranky before nap! I haven't experienced this, maybe once or twice if I wake them up early from the nap. My boys wake up and I leave them up there a bit (maybe 20-30 min) to play. They are closed in their room, so they can't get out. Maybe that would help her get her cranky out?

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
April 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Kim
Jenna doesn't really nap anymore, but she would almost always be cranky if I woke her up from her nap. It was because she was taking forever to fall asleep, then only actually sleeping maybe a half hour. So she was cranky because she was still tired. When she's like that I just leave her be until she snaps out of it; I'll put her on the couch with a drink and a snack and just leave her until she's herself again.

April 14th, 2012, 10:08 PM
erika182's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If Aiden wakes up on his own he usually wakes up from nap, or in the morning okay, and happy......however, if he has a nightmare, or woken up by someone or a sound before he has gotten all the sleep he wants he is a HOT MESS!!!

Lately he has been having nightmares and wakes up yelling something from an argument or battle earlier in the day. For example, he wanted a big cookie for breakfast this morning. He kept yelling for big cookie, but finally gave in and ate his oatmeal.......7 plus hours later he wakes up screaming from nap, "Big cookie! Big cookie!" He was just so out of it and we held him and cuddled until he went back to sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search