Help! What happened to my sweet little girl?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you guys relate? I'm sure you can, but it's like as soon as Hannah turned 3 someone flipped a switch. Her "testing" the boundaries has gotten worse. Now I'll have to say that like 90% of the time she is a really sweet good girl but it seems like over the last month since her birthday she turns into a little monster!! I'm not sure what is going on with her but she gets "fussy" and mad over the dumbest things and cries and whines. Like today I gave her a peanut butter/jelly sandwich.. I asked her if she wanted me to cut it in half.. she says yes. So I cut it in half and she flips out and screams and cries because I cut it?? I know this isn't a huge deal and it's probably just her age but it's just surprised me how it's just been recent. Nothing has changed recently as far as her routine so I'm not sure what is going on.

Also, she is usually really good about listening when we tell her to do something and she has never really given us a hard time about going to bed at night but like she will refuse to wear a shirt that I try to put on her for bed and when we tell her to lay down to go to sleep she will say "no" and just lay on the floor and refuse. We started just putting the baby gate up so she can't get out and walking away and not giving her the attention she is seeking. We usually do this after we give her a few chances to listen and do what we tell her. Then she screams for us for about 5 minutes and then she'll give up and go to sleep. I hate that our nighttime routine which used to be so calming and relaxing has turned into this battle.

Urghh so is it just the age, I know this is normal toddler behavior but am I doing something wrong or is there anything I can do to help make things a little more manageable?

Thanks for listening!

Cheryl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search