Making Mama Proud

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your Firefly doing these days that are making you just shine with pride?

- James is really showing strength with phonetics and his letters- he can identify the starting letter of words at least 75% of the time.

- His manners are excellent- almost always please, thank you, and your welcome without prompting, saying bless you when folks sneeze, and asking for things instead of taking. (I mean, all of those within reason- he IS still just 2.5!)

- He does jigsaw puzzles with amazing ease. We only have a few, but he mastered them all after just 1 or 2 tries and can generally do them all by himself. Maybe that's typical for this age, but it seems accelerated to me!

- James will tell me out of the blue that he loves me and gives me unrequested hugs and kisses. I love that he's so affectionate.

April 23rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, Eli is doing a lot of the same things! He will come up to me and give me hugs and kisses too, I LOVE that!

He is starting to spell words on signs and stuff when we are out and about and asking "what does that say?"

He has developed a new interest in writing letters and drawing smiley faces.

He's begun to make up and tell elaborate stories. So adorable.

His memory is crazy. He remembers small details of things I wouldn't expect him to remember. Like, the other day I was mentioning Sherman Oaks to DH (a neighboring town to ours) and Eli pops out with "Max's house is in Sherman Oaks!" (one of his friends) and then he proceded to tell me alllll the details from our playdate at Max's house from over a week ago. I was floored!

Manners we don't have yet, though. Lol. Working on it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search