Sleepwalking

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I know I don't post much on this board but anyway I have a question!! I think Liana is sleepwalking every night. She will sit up on her bed and start rocking and doing weird rhythmic motions with her hands. She is not awake because if I look in her eyes she is compleatly blank.

Do you guys know if I should be worried about this? Are there things during the day I can do to prevent it? She does it the same time every night!!! Sometimes she does get out of bed and crashes around her room. She is gated in every night because of this!!!

It just sucks because I either have to stay up until midnight and watch her and then put her back or I wait until she crashes into something and crys!!! Some nights she opens the door, crashes into the gate and then goes back to bed.

Ug this turned more into a rant than a question.

April 30th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I don't know hopefully someone else has some exldriance with it

April 30th, 2012, 04:30 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure. It could be night terrors but I don't have any experience to share sorry.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

May 1st, 2012, 12:04 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When did she start doing this? Is this something that started after her sister arrived?
May 1st, 2012, 10:39 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure myself. Might want to mention it to the doc next time.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

May 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
She did start after the baby.... maybe that's it. She doesn't cry so I don't think it's night terrors. Will have to ask the dr.

May 4th, 2012, 09:45 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ah....ok I'm betting that it's the arrival of a new baby that triggered them. My oldest is a sleep walker. He started about 5 years ago. First it was just a couple of times and I just directed him back to bed, then the year I was pregnant with Ben the episodes started to increase. He would get out of bed and either walk into my room (one time he sat down in front of my tv and was trying to watch) and other times he would get up and actually walk downstairs. I realized they were nervous episodes. He hasn't had many episodes since Ben came along, but if he does I can almost always attribute it to something stress wise that we might have going on. He is still a loud sleeper...he'll start talking or actually groan out in his sleep. Loudly. I would just ask the doc, doesn't sound like night terrors. My oldest had those too when he was 9 months old for about a month off and on. It was AWFUL. He would just have a blank look and be screaming bloody murder.

Hope she settles down soon!
May 4th, 2012, 11:35 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies. Ask your doctor about it. The rocking does sound like she is trying to soothe herself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search