Haeden's Stats

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haeden had his check up today. He weighs 32.8lbs and is 38.5 inches tall. They told me this put him in the 50th and 75th percentiles (side note: I was looking for the stat thread and found this: "Alex had his check up yesterday. He weighs 32.4lbs (57th%) and he is 38" tall (62%)." Kinda funny how that is different from what I was told?!)

Anyway, although the stats are fine, Haeden only gained 8oz since last year. The doc wants us to start giving him carnation instant breakfast with his milk in the mornings and the evenings to make him gain weight. I found it a little odd since he eats well and is just constantly on the move. So much so that people always comment on how he never sits still (strangers even) and I have thought to myself on several occasions that I sure hope he isn't going to have ADHD. Also, his Dad has always been naturally very thin (why wasn't I blessed with that gene?).

Also of note is that the doc suggested giving him something that will soften his #2 or make him go. He thinks that maybe he is having a hard time going and that could be why he doesn't want to do #2 on the potty consistently.

P.S.
Haeden haaaates the doc office and as soon as our name is called he becomes very uncooperative. We had to hold him down just to be able to measure him and I have to hold him while the doc checks him out. Fun!

May 9th, 2012, 06:14 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
He sounds healthy/normal to me! I say if he's eating a good amount, and a well balanced diet, and he is otherwise over-all healthy, there is no reason to get hung up on numbers and start feeding him crap just to force his body to do something it isn't already naturally doing... but I'll admit; I'm quite the rebel when it comes to listening to recommendations given on behalf of my child and diet.. I feel that we as moms know our children best, and if something goes against my inner being, well, I just don't think it's right..

Anyway, BE is the same way around Dr's. It's always a fun experience! (note the sarcasm) Lol!

May 15th, 2012, 08:32 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
He sounds good sized to me, though I am paranoid about the not gaining much bit and definitely second the stuff added with breakfast and dinner. lol

Bella absolutely refuses to talk to our doctor. Seriously. She has never said anything to him. Weird part - she loves our doctor and even when she's sick she gets excited about going to see him.
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search