Peeing on purpose

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Mommy2PrestonandGavin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I am at a loss on what to do. Preston has been potty trained for months now with the exception of at night. We don't really have much in the way of family support or anyone to ask. On the days that Gavin has therapy Preston goes to the inlaws. He loves it there and doesn't even want to come home! My MIL and SIL sit on the floor and play with him the whole time or take him outside and play with him and he just loves that! Anyway, once we get home on therapy days Preston pees his pants on purpose. Yesterday he walked up to me and was giggling and saying I peed in my pants. I just kinda ignore it and say okay lets change your pants. If I make a big deal about it he will do it all day and sometimes even the next day. So I don't even bother asking why he peed in his pants or anything. Anyone have any suggestions, experience with this ect? We are making sure to pay lots of attention to Preston as well as to work on Gavin's exercises with him. It's incredibly stressful juggling it all and I'm just not sure what else I could do besides maybe wait it out and hope that Preston adjusts?!?

Thanks Katidid622 for my adorable siggy!

May 15th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Avery had a few accidents on purpose a while back. I told her the next time she peed in her pants on purpose she would have to change her own pants, clean up the mess on the floor, and then have a time out. So that is exactly what I did the next time it happened and she never did it again after that. Not saying it will definitely work for Preston, but it worked for us.
May 15th, 2012, 07:51 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen L View Post
Avery had a few accidents on purpose a while back. I told her the next time she peed in her pants on purpose she would have to change her own pants, clean up the mess on the floor, and then have a time out. So that is exactly what I did the next time it happened and she never did it again after that. Not saying it will definitely work for Preston, but it worked for us.
I really like this idea because it's not punishment, but it offers a natural consequense for his actions. I'd definitely give it a try. (even though it might mean a battle, if he's anything like BE...)

Can you try taking him potty as soon as you get home? Making a very positive time, maybe even with an incentive for doing it IN the POTTY? (emphasis on the potty)?

May 15th, 2012, 01:40 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness, I could have written this myself, Hazel has also been peeing her pants on purpose and saying...giggle giggle..."Hehe, I'm baby, see I wanted to pee myself!"

I think I will for sure try Kristen's idea. I am at my wits end...9 pees in 4 days all with giggles and a little girl who seems proud of herself....

I'll be curious to see what works for you!
May 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen L View Post
Never had that problem but really like Kristen's suggestion too.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
May 17th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Mommy2PrestonandGavin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for the suggestions! We are going to try to encourage him to go to the bathroom on therapy days more...like we did when he was first potty trained. When he does have accidents I have been handing him a towel and telling him to clean it up and then I go behind him afterwards and really clean it up. Time out has never really worked with Preston and it kinda feels like he is getting out of control. I tried a new form of time out today. I pulled a kitchen chair out from the table and had him sit there until the microwave timer beeped (3 minutes later) so far so good!

Thanks Katidid622 for my adorable siggy!

May 17th, 2012, 11:05 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have no suggestions for sure as my potty training is going awful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search