What's for breakfast?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Veteran
What does your child eat for breakfast? Mine wants to go, go, go as soon as she gets out of bed so she doesn't want to sit down and eat anything. I need to come up with something enticing or maybe just something portable that she can eat when we get wherever we're going that day.

May 16th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We do so many different things for breakfast, it's usually their favorite meal of the day. They jump in their highchair :-) We do any or multiple of the following: pancakes, eggs, biscuits, bacon, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, cheerios or other cereal (dry). I only do the fancy stuff like pancakes, egss, etc on the weekends or my days off. Toast or cinammon rolls too. What about granola cereal bars she can carry? Or put dry cereal in a cup. They also make french toast bars that have built in syrup. Mix it up and I'm sure you will find something, but maybe breakfast just isn't her thing. My boys never eat super great at lunch, maybe b/c breakfast is so big for them.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
May 19th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Veteran
She loves yogurt, but it's usually such a mess I save it for lunch/dinner. She used to love eggs, but not so much anymore. I might try cooking some scrambled eggs+veggies in mini silicone molds to see if she likes those reheated. She likes pancakes. I tried making some ahead and reheating them for her, but she turned her nose up at them. I'm thinking about making some of those hide-the-veggies muffins to see if she likes those. She's not crazy about granola, but something like a nutrigrain bar might be good on the go; I'll have to check nutritional information to see if there's a brand I feel ok giving her. What I usually end up doing is doing a cup of dry cereal or veggie puffs or something like that on the go. I have a little bad-mommy twinge when I do that, though. :-)

The kid certainly won't starve. She eats plenty for lunch/dinner. She just gets a little cranky when we're running errands if she hasn't had something for breakfast.

May 22nd, 2012, 04:41 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't worry too much about breakfast if she eats lunch and dinner. I would just bring snacks for the errands so she doesn't get so grumpy. You should offer but if she doesn't, she doesn't eat. Like you said, she eat her other meals.

Its a struggle to get my boys to eat. This is why I'm glad they go to daycare because they eat well there. I don't worry too much at home expect on the weekend.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

May 22nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
Kim
Jenna doesn't really like to do breakfast either. She likes to have stuff that she can walk around with and carry with her as she goes. When we can get her to sit, she likes eggs, pancakes, waffles, toast, cereal with milk. She also eats muffins, nutrigrain bars, fruit, yogurt and dry cereal. Depends on her mood.

June 7th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pancakes are Ava's absolute #1 choice, she could have them for every meal and snack lol

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

June 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Veteran
I'm giving this recipe a try sometime in the next couple days. Oatmeal, banana, apple sauce, milk, vanilla, sugar, and add-ins (dried fruit, nuts, etc). It's like having a bowl of oatmeal without the mess. :-)

What's Cooking? Breakfast Cookies for the Life Hacker on the Go | Wise Bread

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search