Baby wearing question (x-posted)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2012, 05:09 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm looking at getting a wrap for when the twins are born, but I've heard the Maya wrap and others can be incredibly hot...any suggestions for summer weight wraps or carriers for a twin hold???

Thanks in advance!
May 18th, 2012, 05:29 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
(Nursing and on kindle so this will be short)

Search linen wraps on etsy.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
May 18th, 2012, 05:58 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I love my cotton gauze wrap for the summer, but I have no experience with twins. I have heard wonderful things about linen; both that they are cool and supportive, which I would think especially important when wearing twins. Make sure to get a good one though, Not all linen is the same. There are wraps out there made of linen woven for the intended purpose of baby wearing, and it wraps and fits soooo much nicer than the anything you would find in a fabric store. This is a favorite among many of my baby wearing friends; Photo Gallery - Storchenwiege

May 18th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I meant to say Moby...but I'll do a search for linen.

Heather...what cotton gauze one do you have? I've been looking and looking at different ones online and am more confused than ever!

Also, either of you know/have opinions on the K'tan???
May 18th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a moby style wrap and it was a mesh like material. Its quite often over 110 here. Im not sure what twin holds you can do, but however you do it it will be hot work in summer!

May 18th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Hmm.. I personally would not spend a lot of money on a Moby, or any other stretchy wrap for twins. If you already have one, or if you know of a friend who could lend you one, you might enjoy it in the beginning. My concern is they are pretty thick (hot) and not as supportive for older/heavier babies. On the other hand; They're pretty easy to use because you tie the wrap on yourself first, then put each baby in, which is nice for NB babies and new mamas just learning how to wrap.

My cotton gauze is mama made, from a friend who sells them on etsy. I like it, but again, I've never used it to wrap twins and it's not that great for heavy babies. L'il Peeper Keeper custom pouch slings These are cheaper than the other woven wraps I'm recommending, but again, you get what you pay for. Higher end wraps are made of fabric designed to be used for baby wearing and you just can't compare the quality!

I have never use a k'tan. I don't really like carriers that are not adjustable. I know they *sound* easier, but in the end they are more frustrating because you can't adjust to get a good fit. That's my personal opinion.. I'd go with a Moby or Boba wrap over a k'tan. Baby Wrap | Boba

I went and asked a few of my "expert" friends who teach baby wearing classes and two of them recommended a woven wrap called a bb slen. She said; "it's cool and wide, which I'd want for wrapping two." here- BB Slen Woven Wrap :: PAXbaby.com or here - BBslen Woven Wraps - BBslen Woven Wraps - Woven Wraps - Granola Babies. She also said; "Especially for wearing twins I'd recommend something with finished edges (the moby is serged). Most DIY is unfinished and that is less supportive. A big step up, but still slightly stretchy is the wrapsody hybrid stretch which is completely hemmed and therefore easier and safer to use and achieve a secure carry. Ktan and similar I do not recommend, especially with twins. Saggy baggy no good. :/
For price reasons, with A German style woven wrap cotton is better, but linen will be more supportive once they are both a bit bigger (15-20 lbs each for me, ymmv)." {*note; Storchenwiege and BBSlen are German style wraps }

I hope I'm not adding to your confusion. Feel free to ask questions.

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; May 18th, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
May 18th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Thank you Heather! If I ordered from Rebecca (little peeper keepers) do you think the cotton gauze would be adequate for 7-20 lbs of newborn babies to last me thru the summer? Also Sam mentioned the mesh wraps, what do you think of them? Too stretchy for twins?
May 18th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I would think so.. im not sure I've ever seen a mesh wrap. Sam- where did you get yours?

May 18th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Sam, I'm curious too, where did you get yours?
May 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It was given to me, its just like the material that laundry bags (the kind you wash delicate underwear in) are made of. My "baby" is still only 17lbs so Ill dig it out again this summer. Its the same material as this one, but its like a moby, not a pouch like this one.
Native Baby Sling-Mesh Best Fabric For Summer And Water products, buy Native Baby Sling-Mesh Best Fabric For Summer And Water products from alibaba.com

Im not sure if mine can be used in water like this one (to be honest I dont know if I like that idea?).

For some reason the label says 6lbs+ although i was a rebel and used it from birth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search