Anyone else?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 02:31 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Had anyone else had to deal with the dreaded plauge known as head lice? We have been fighting it since March. One of the boys brought it home and we will get rid of it then it comes right back. I'm glad it's summer because there have been a couple of times it's just been me and Angelica that get it. And it's so hard to get rid of it on my own. You all know how long my hair is. To my waist and thick. Last time it took me 6 hours to comb through my hair. And I found it again this morning. So we just got done with another treatment. I did manage to get all of Diva's hair combed which is something I haven't been able to do before. Most of the stuff leaves our hair all tangled and dry feeling. This left her hair soft and I was able to comb through it really easy. I'm hoping that this is the LAST time!

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

May 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have never had it, knock on wood, but I know it can be difficult to treat. I have heard of a pill you can take...maybe if everybody was on it at one time, plus you treated bedding/carpets/stuffed animals/pillows etc. Have you been treating all that already?

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

May 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Yeah the sanitize cycle on my washer has come in handy. I wash everything on that cycle. And I have even been washing everyones hair in Hartz flea and tick shampoo once a week and we are only using coconut shampoo and conditioner.

May 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Mommy2PrestonandGavin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had lice, but we did have fleas really bad once when Preston was little. In that case we had to have an exterminator spray the house and while he was there the cats and dogs were flea dipped. Can you take that approach with lice and do treatments on everyone in a row and wash all your bedding at the same time?

Thanks Katidid622 for my adorable siggy!

May 30th, 2012, 06:02 PM
yeah I'm lucky enough to have 2 washers and dryers. So they both run until the laundry is done. And I put the treatment on everyone at the same time. And then we all line up and get our hair rinsed and combed. I think it is one kid that Kayson hangs around with that we keep getting it from. The 3 boys all have REALLY long hair. And it's the only person that he really hangs out with. And it has to be coming from him because I checked Bailey and he has nothing. I'm still treating everyone though.

May 31st, 2012, 02:43 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
*shudders*
Zach had it once when he was smaller. Since his hair is so thick and curly I just took him outside, grabbed some scissors and cut it all down as short as I could, swept up hair, burned it, and then went through what was left on his head and got any lingering bugs, then washed his head. And other than a few very loved stuffed animals I just tossed all of them, and cleaned the rest along with all bedding and such.

I live in fear of them getting it now. Though when Ryan was in K4 my brother shaved Ryan almost bald and his teacher stopped me the next day to ask if he'd had lice. I about died.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
June 1st, 2012, 06:29 AM
Yeah last time Kaysona nd Josh took the shave your head approach. Kayson is just now getting hair back.

June 1st, 2012, 08:14 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have had it a few times here. Have you tried the mayonaise and shower cap approach? We took and applied real Mayo (not mericle whip or salad dressing dut to it can burn the scalp) and ran it through the hair coating all the hair. Then you place a shower cap over the hair and leave it on for 5-6 hours. Some say to do it overnight but the shower cap won't stay on and it can get messy. Then you rinse the mayo out with vinegar. The mayo sufficates the lice and the vinegar loosens the eggs. Getting the eggs is the biggest part because they hatch a week after they are laid and missing one single egg starts the whole process over. Also shaving heads may not always get rid of lice because they can lay eggs on the scalp.
June 2nd, 2012, 05:07 AM
Yes we tried the Mayo. It worked the last time but we got reinfected. It's really hard to do my hair because it's so long and thick. Dh will help with Diva's hair but I'm kinda on my own. So I comb and comb and comb then I do it some more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search