We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I am hugely pregnant and still on 23+ hours a day bedrest...potty privledges, which I sometimes use to sneak in a belly pic...shhhh! Babies are doing well and H seems to have adjusted to the temporary move in with my parents.
My OB is away this week so I saw the head of the department who is more conservative in her approach. She brought up the fact that Baby B is still breech. She flips from breech to transverse, but hasn't been head down in almost 2 weeks... Anyhow she mentioned that with my past pelvic issues, she would recommend against an internal version and a breech extraction as she wouldn't want more trauma to my insides if possible. She suggested I email my pelvic pain doc and get her take. I did...she responded almost immediately and basically said she can't recommend a c-section based on a history of pelvic pain/trauma and only recommends c-section based on obstetric indications...however with baby B breech, many moms will opt for c/s instead of breech extraction knowing the risks of both and the possibility that once Baby A is out, I might need a section based on IF Baby B will cooperate or not. I emailed her back and asked IF I opted to go the c/s route based on B's presentation and all the variables of a twin delivery, was she working anytime in the beginning of July (granted I don't go into PTL again.) I said I wanted to speak with my regular OB next week on the 6th and further discuss this all. (my regular OB does NOT deliver anymore as she heads up several other things in the clinic and doesn't have time). About 2 hours later, I got an email from my pelvic doctor, she has booked me for June 27th for the OR. She never "tells" me what to do (probably due to legal liability) but always seems to point me in the direction she thinks is best. I honestly think her booking the OR to reserve me a spot is a sign...I'm not fully decided on a c/s....I'm not sure my OB will be on board...the hospital may not allow it as they have my EDD as 7/23...so I'd only be 36 weeks 2 days according to them...37 wk 2 days according to me, LMP & my chart... Anyhow...not sure what I'm going to decide...BUT I feel relieved that we *may* have a plan in place. I just pray I don't go into labor before then!!! My hospital has over 100 docs that rotate call, so if I don't go on the 27th...I'm likely not to know who will be delivering me (which to me with all the twin variables is super scary).
Anyhow for those that had c/s...how was recovery?
I just want the safest delivery for the girls and me!
Saw my OB today & I will NOT be having a scheduled c-section is on June 27...my OB says it is too early gestation-wise. She wants to see placement of both placentas & measurements from cervix & honestly says there may be more risk of bleeding out from low placentas & more risk of oxygen deprivation to baby b if they had to do c/s vs breech extraction....so it's a wait & see. I'm to stop all pills on 11th June & end bedrest June 25th. 5 days until I stop contraction meds & 19 days until totally off bedrest!!! When I go into labor, the delivery method will be a "game time decision". We have a high def scheduled for next Monday, June 11th!
Last edited by LadyBugMommyof1; June 6th, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
Reason: UPDATED 6/6
My first c/s was a pretty tough recovery, but that was because of the long labor and 5+ hours of pushing. My c-section with Harper was a much easier/quicker recovery. I agree that moving around as soon as possible (but not pushing yourself) helps the recovery process.
As much as I didn't want a c/s, the recoveries were never terrible. It was harder with Hannah, but like Kristen mentioned, I had gone through 30+ hrs of labor in pitocin first. With Kenzie, I was moving normally after about 4 days (within reason of course...no heavy lifting, etc). When I was admitted back into the hospital at 6 days PP, none of the staff could believe that I had a c/s only 6 days prior. Besides my complications after Kenzie (which are so rare), it was not a big deal at all. I 100% agree that getting up and moving as soon as possible is the best thing. The longer you sit, the sorer and tighter you get.
Whatever you decide, as long as your babies get here safely, the method they come into the world will not matter. <3