siblings...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you have siblings, how close to them are you? How often do you talk and/or see each other? Would you say that you are closer now that you are older?

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

June 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
peapod's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a brother and I think I haven't talk to him in maybe 14 years.
June 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I have 2 half brothers. I talk to my youngest brother quite often, my middle brother (Ky's dad0 every few months or so.

My little brother was just over here earlier this evening actually. He graduates High School on the 9th which we're really excited about. I'm closer to him now then when we were younger. I'm 7yrs older then him so it was hard being closer to him then.

June 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
I have a brother. We're close but we're not best friends. He's in his early 20s so he's more focused on his friends and going out whereas I'm more focused on Siera and finishing school. We'll probably be a lot closer when he gets older, matures, gets married, etc.

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

June 4th, 2012, 06:55 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
I have 2 older siblings, a brother and sister. My brother is the oldest and we aren't that close, but we do get along. We try to see each other every other month or so. His wife is due with their first baby exactly a week before I'm due. So I'm sure we'll see more of them then. My sister is the middle child. We didn't get along very well growing up. When she went off to college we started getting along. We try to see each other once a month now, especially since our boys are the same ages. We get along really well now. I also have 2 step brothers, but 1 of them I have only met about 4 times. They didn't come in to the picture until after I had met my DH, in my adult life. So I don't know them to well. We do get along with the younger one pretty good and have seen him a bit. DH even does firework shows with him. That one is younger than me and the other is older than me.
June 4th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a younger sister (she is 26). She does not live close by unfortunately. We fought like crazy growing up and were always really competitive (mostly for attention and probably because we lived in a single parent household). Anyway, once we got into our twenties that all stopped and now I think we're pretty close. My mom and I are taking Haeden to visit her for almost a week next month. I cannot wait. It is so much harder to be apart when you start having kids.

Oh, and I also have two half-sister that live in NY. One of them doesn't talk to the rest of us. The other one keeps in touch. She's about 10 years older. We see each other every few years but talk through FB mostly.

June 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM
ForestJenn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a younger sister and a younger brother. The younger sister and I fought constantly while we were growing up. We were 2.5 years apart and pretty much hated each other. (Lots of sibling rivalry) My borther is 5.5 years younger than I am and we always got along. He used to come visit me every couple of years.

Now though, my sister and I get along a lot better. We chat via IM every few days. I haven't talked to my brother in months.

I wouldn't use my experience as any sort of guide though. I moved as far away from my family as I could and didn't look back.

Loving every minute of being a mommy!
June 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have a 19 year old brother who i'm pretty close to,he lives with my mum and since i see my mum almost everyday,i see him alot too

i also have a 8 year old brother and 5 year old sister,and while i'm close to them,its not really the typical sibling relationship,its more like i'm there second mom haha

June 5th, 2012, 01:01 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 brothers.

My older brother Erick and I get along just fine. He is very good at writing to me and is in general very thoughtful and kind. I do not see him very often because I live in New Delhi and he lives in Nagasaki Japan. This summer however he has timed his visit to the USA so that we can all meet up as a family. He's not married yet but is bringing home a girlfriend for the first time. .

My younger brother John and I also get along fine. He has matured a lot in the last few years. He still lives in MN so I do not get to see or talk to him very often. He's not as good at communicating as our brother Erick is but still our family I would say, are all pretty close despite being geographically far apart.

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

June 6th, 2012, 01:13 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Well let's see....

I have my older brother (20 months apart) and we're super closed, always been.
Then I have a younger half-brother and half-sister (we all have the same mom). My younger brother was just younger enough to drive me crazy growing up (6 years younger) and my little sister is 9 1/2 years younger than me so we didn't have too much to do with each other. We get along great now and are really close.

I also have a step-brother and step-sister (16 and 14) and not only can I not stand them, I try to have as little to do with them as possible. My step-sister is actually pregnant and due in the end of December.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search