lying...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2012, 04:46 AM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ah, such the fun age, isn't it? Zachy lies..he's not good at it fortunately, but I am trying to nip it in the bud. He'll get a popsicle out of the freezer and I'll find the stick in his room on the floor. But of course it wasn't him...he at least blames it on a real person now instead of the cat!

He's also sneaky...I'm writing this now because just now, he went, got a popsicle out of the freezer, put it under his shirt, and then went in his room and shut the door! (don't worry, I'll deal with it, but man!)

Any other sneaky ones or lying ones?

ETA, as I'm writing this he comes out WITH the popsicle (unopened) and says, I'm sorry mom. I said, for what? Z: I didn't ask first. Me: well what do you need to say? Z: May I please have a popsicle? Me:yes

I'm a sucker

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

Last edited by maryslittlelambs; June 7th, 2012 at 04:50 AM.
June 7th, 2012, 05:46 AM
ForestJenn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't say that I've seen that here yet. Ugh, this stuff comes up a lot sooner than i think it will.

We're getting lots of whining and defiance here...classic 3 year old stuff.

Loving every minute of being a mommy!
June 7th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Story's Avatar French Canadian
Klaus doesn't lie. Yet
Actually, the only thing he lies about is if he poops in his diaper..

Even if I KNOW he did, I ask "did you just poop?" and he ALWAYS says "no..!"

Mom to Maèva (11), Nadjat (9) and Klaus (5)

June 7th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahaha YES. Haeden doesn't really try to sneak stuff... but he is a big storyteller. When we were still getting him to try and go #2 on the potty he would tell the sitter that HIS MOMMY told him he only needs to go on the potty at home. It's almost always MY MOMMY SAID. Pretty dang funny... but also not something I want to encourage. We've been trying to talk to him about lying, but he thinks he is pretty slick right now.

Oh, wait. You know what he is sneaky about? Standing up to pee. The boy he is with all day is a year older and he pees standing up at his house because they have a lower toilet. Haeden always wants to do it at our house, but we have a higher toilet and it just means that he pees all over the floor, so he isn't allowed. Well, he likes to run in there and tell me he's going to DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF!!! And then I walk in behind him and there is pee everywhere and he lies and tells me he sat down.

June 7th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ana lies with such naturalness that I worry!

I have to ask if its playing, then she says yes or no. She blames Inés for everything, I know the child is on the ball, but writing Ana on the wall in crayon at 16 months old??

June 7th, 2012, 08:30 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She has started lying...it's typically innocent little lies, but still!

Yesterday was a real whopper...she has a friend and friend's mommy over for a playdate and they went outside while my mom was cooking dinner...she picked up little pebbles from the path & proceeded to throw them in the air...friend's mommy says, "H I don't think you are allowed to throw rocks"....H says, "My Nana lets me throw these rocks because they are little...." UM NO!!!! What a lie, I was so angry, I could hear from my bed, but couldn't go outside (due to the bedrest) to correct her....soooooo frustrating.

She typically lies little cute things like...My mommy said I could have 2 M&M's.... When I said none...etc
June 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
I've been catching Siera in lies as well lately. She always blames her troubles on her favorite cousin Addie. I know half of what she's accusing her cousin of is BS but it's getting to the point where just the sound of Addie's name makes me cringe. And I LOVE the kid!

May 2013 July 2014
June 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
*ahem*
"I no do nothing!" <---- The most commonly heard phrase in my house.

Walk in kitchen, see fridge open "I no do nothing!" (no one else is home with me except Mason)
Hear crash from Zach's room, Bella runs out "I no do nothing!"
Bella and Ryan are arguing over something, Bella reaches back and hits him, I yell "Miss Harden!" Bella "I no do nothing!"
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
June 8th, 2012, 10:01 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Angelica isn't there yet thankfully. We are still working on the speech and she doesn't communicate well enough to tell a lie. And most of the time when she get into something I catch her in in. Like my lipstick she wants to use on the walls!

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

June 8th, 2012, 08:26 PM
MayBTheresHope's Avatar MayBTheresHope
Today we were at a little shooping area in Myrtle Beach and P and I were walking to the car to get something while Preston browsed around in a souvenir shop. Presley says to me, "Mommy, I want ice cream." I replied, "Well, we have to ask Daddy after we go to the car." She says,"Well, I already asked him and he said 'yes.'" I responded, "You did,huh? So if I ask him about it, he'll tell me that he already told you that you could have some, right?" No response.....Of course, Daddy knew nothing about Presley's ice cream craving.

Her biggest thing is telling me that she wiped after using the potty when I ask her about it. Not very plausible given that the toilet is almost always unflushed and there is no toilet paper in it. I got really upset the other day when she and her cousin were playing on the floor of our hotel room and when I walked in on them, Presley was butt naked playing baby dolls. I asked if she had wiped after pottying, and she said, "yes," of course. I went to check the potty and not only was there pee inside, but poop, too....and you guessed it, no TP! Ugh, that child!

Thank you Mama Trish for my fabulous siggies!
June 9th, 2012, 12:24 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anaiah doesn't lie.. at least not yet. But she most definitely has her opinions about how things should be and can be pretty willful at times.

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search