was scared out of my mind...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2012, 05:26 PM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get a call from DH at 4:45 saying that when he got home DS1 (14) was not home. He had not come home on the bus. DH had just gotten home and Ben usually gets home at 3:00. My daughter Megan rides the same bus and said he wasn't on the bus. Jeff drives to the school and to the Boys and Girl's club (last day was Friday but we thought maybe he forgot) and walked in between the two. No Ben. His phone was dead so we couldn't get in touch with him that way. I drove around the neighborhood thinking maybe he missed the bus and walked home. No Ben. By this time it was 6, 3 hours after when he should have gotten home. I called the police and they came over and I filed a missing person's report. They tried pinging his cell phone and put sent several cars out to look for him. by 6:30 I was starting to panic. After the police left Jeff went to leave to go look for him again when another cop car pulled up with him.

He had been on a FIELD TRIP to DC!!! I signed the permission slip back in MARCH and had totally forgotten about it. Ben hadn't mentioned it. He had just gone to Hershey Park on Monday. It wasn't posted on the school website. Ben had even forgotten about it. He said it wasn't until they were getting on the bus to leave that he realized where they were going!

The police had picked him up at the school as the bus was dropping him off. The bus was late because it got lost in DC. I didn't even send him with lunch or any money for lunch! I feel SOOO HORRIBLE!

So glad he was fine, but when DH started to panic so did I.

What a day....

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

June 7th, 2012, 06:17 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! What a scare! I hope Ben had fun in DC!!! Did he get lunch without any money?
June 7th, 2012, 07:20 PM
peapod's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO scary Mary, if it is any consolation the same thing would probably happen at my house. So you are not alone. Glad he is safe.
June 7th, 2012, 07:42 PM
gabbymurphy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so scary! Glad he is home safe and sound.

Thanks to trishosauras for my fantabulous siggy

June 7th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
How scary! Glad he's home safe!

May 2013 July 2014
June 7th, 2012, 11:00 PM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary! Glad he is safe and sound.

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

June 8th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So scary! Glad it was just a false alarm. Same sort of thing happened to me once. I was in like 6th grade. I was playing tennis with my sister and Dad and I got mad and told him I was just going to walk home. He didn't realize I meant it and told me to "go ahead then"! So, I tried to walk home and then got scared and turned around to go back. When I got back to the courts, they were gone. We were living in a small town at that time, so I went down the street to a business I was familiar with. My parents were friends with the owner. I used the phone to call home and nobody was there. So, the business owner drove me to my house and still, nobody was there. We drove back and there was my dad with a cop car near the store. The cop yelled at me for "running away". I was mortified!!

June 8th, 2012, 09:04 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by peapod View Post
SO scary Mary, if it is any consolation the same thing would probably happen at my house. So you are not alone. Glad he is safe.
^this

Well, did he at least have fun on the field trip?
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
June 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Mary I bet you were worried sick.

I guess they don´t cause you any less stress as they grow up!

June 8th, 2012, 07:03 PM
MayBTheresHope's Avatar MayBTheresHope
I can't believe that the school didn't make sure that all of the parents were contacted when the bus was late! I'd be so upset....Glad it all turned ok, though.

Thank you Mama Trish for my fabulous siggies!
June 10th, 2012, 05:03 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
OMG! As a parent that has got to be THE WORST feeling in the world!! I'm glad he was okay!! Your poor nerves!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search