Swimming

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2012, 08:03 AM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I you take your little one swimming? We have gone a few times but hope to go more now that the move is over and school is out.

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

June 16th, 2012, 12:45 PM
ForestJenn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's still pretty cold for playing in the pool. We're going to start swimming lessons this fall though.

Loving every minute of being a mommy!
June 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
Alex and Josh absolutely love to go swimming. They throw fits when it's time to be done.
June 16th, 2012, 11:09 PM
MayBTheresHope's Avatar MayBTheresHope
Presley likes to play in water, but she HATES water in her face. She is better about it at the pool or splash pad than she is in the bath, though. Preston can't swim so I definitely want to get her swimming soon. I grew up near the beach, so I love water activities. I hope she will be my little scuba buddy someday!

Thank you Mama Trish for my fabulous siggies!
June 17th, 2012, 05:25 AM
gabbymurphy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Up until this year Aiden did not like the pool. My SIL has an in ground pool so we can go whenever we want. This year he loves it. Not scared at all. I was really surprised how well he took to it this year. We went yesterday and may go again after we grill out for father's day.

Thanks to trishosauras for my fantabulous siggy

June 17th, 2012, 07:30 PM
peapod's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have done swim lessons but can never make it through because they both wind up with ear infections. We also do not belong to the pool anymore. We may go to a local swimming hole, but the kids section is usually walkable. I wonder how he will do . I have always been scared of swimming in the natural swimming areas. They freak me out because I know the snapping turtles don't know they should stay on the other side of the rope lol.
June 17th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Siera loves being in the water whether it's the ocean or a pool. We're going to take her to the beach as much as we can this summer and my uncle has a pool so we'll be spending some time there as well

May 2013 July 2014
June 17th, 2012, 11:14 PM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately there are not all that many public pools here and the ones that do exist are only there for lap swimming. So because of this Anaiah does not have much experience with swimming. I'm hoping that she will get to enjoy some swimming this summer when we visit my parents. Till then she just enjoys splashing in a tub outside on the balcony.

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

June 18th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haeden loves the water... except he doesn't like to get his head wet. We just went to the pool yesterday and plan to go every weekend (my grandparent's have one). He has little floaties and we're trying to teach him to swim with them. Mostly he just loves to jump into someone's arms, go down the slide and be pulled around in his little boat.

June 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Bella loves swimming! She's been slowly learning to swim since last year, she's down to swimming with just floaties on her arms.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
June 19th, 2012, 06:24 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hazel is a water baby! She loves swimming and although not yet water safe, she can blow bubbles and "thinks" she is a swimmer...

She loves to ride on DH or my dad's back for laps across the pool and she is pretty good with holding on to the side kicking like a motor boat. As for going under fully, she only prefers to do that when she launches herself off the side of the pool...she loves to jump in (but we have to catch her still...)

Our main goal is to have her water safe by the end of the summer/fall...perhaps I should actually consider signing her up for lessons too much going on right now though...
June 23rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
DenaMarie24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We go swimming about 4 or more times a week. My parents have a pool and only live about a mile away. Being Vegas is sooooo hot, there's not much more to do. Preston is starting to swim underwater, and learning how to tread. He jumps off the diving board, (to daddy) and pitches a fit when it's time to get out--he's a fish!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search