Toddler Poo Questions!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so I mentioned on another post that Ben is potty trained for pee, but not for poo due to some severe constipation issues we've had the last few months. When he does finally go we get half in the potty and half in training pants. Ugh. This constipation has sort of taken on a life of its own and is affecting our daily lives. He has never been a go everyday kid...not since infancy. Even then tho he was not your typical breastfed-go-while-they-are-still-nursing baby. He would go once, possibly twice a day. Anyway, as he has gotten older every 3 days was his norm. Now he can easily go 6 days. Ive researched and researched and I think he is withholding. Ive read this can start around toilet training age and can be a real problem. I googled it and I was amazed at all of the parents that have children doing this! We've had to give him Milk of Magnesia and suppositories when he just wont go. I can tell he gets the urge...starts dancing around then loses it as fast as it came upon him. Im kind of at the end of my rope. I've read lots about Miralax, but I kind of dont want him getting hooked on something thats a chemical. Then last night I saw that some people were giving their children Benefiber. So, getting some today...he can take that every day since it's just fiber.

Sorry for the rant...it's just been awful and making for a miserable time. My question is:

Is anyone else having this same issue? This poo withholding or have you had other children do it? Any tips for helping them get over it? Seems to be a mental thing. How many times a day does your toddler go?

Keep your fingers crossed that this Benefiber works and kind of forces him to not be able to hold it!
July 16th, 2012, 10:04 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the benefiber works for you.

Xander will go at least once a day. but for the most part he will 2-3 times aday and had been a pooping machine since birth.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 16th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
So Alex is still a baby and is bfing but she would only go about once a week and we finally got her at about every second or third day we give her lots of fiber in her diet and prune juice or apple juice things I am sure you are already doing just hang in there you'll get it figured out and I know there yucky but she poops more often if she eats prunes instead of drinking the juice

July 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope something works for you.

Today is the first day of really trying potty training here with Lucy.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search