School

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2012, 08:51 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
As sad and shocking as it is - it's about time for us to start thinking about our kiddos education. We'll be starting elementary school in 1-2 years, what kinds of thought have you put into this?
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
August 21st, 2012, 11:36 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Not much really, there isnt' much to think about honestly (at least for us lol). If we still live here in 2yrs she will be going to the KinderCenter, where all Kindergartners in town go (normally around 400 kids). She has to be 5yrs old before September 1st to get into Kindergarten though so she wont be starting till 2014.
After Kindrgarten she'll go to the same Elementary school that Seamus is in (he'll be in 3rd grade when shes in 1st)

August 21st, 2012, 12:28 PM
peapod's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elias is starting pk on Monday at a Pk-8 catholic school. He will continue there. The school has Montessori pk3-kindergarten and I believe they will be moving up each year with the Montessori program.
August 22nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are already at war with the local school over not accepting Rachel so I don't figure we will be on good terms with the school when it comes time for Jamie to go.
August 22nd, 2012, 07:29 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Bella will start next year at the boys' school. She'll be going to K4 which is basically what I remember learning in Kindergarten. She is already so excited about it.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
August 22nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Depends on a lot. He may be going to pre-k next year buy not for sure as they go by income.

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

August 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Angelica is actually already on the wait list for the preK If there are any opening for a 3 year old then she will get in because of the delays.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

August 22nd, 2012, 05:39 PM
DenaMarie24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of Preston going to school makes me want to cry! He's my buddy all day long, and wonderful company. On that note, he will probably go to preschool next year (2 days a week), and will def start Kindergarten the year after.

August 22nd, 2012, 06:36 PM
gabbymurphy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking Aiden will go next year. He already asks when he goes to school. He knows when he is older he gets to go.

Thanks to trishosauras for my fantabulous siggy

August 22nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We homeschool and so James is already incorporated into a lot of the school stuff I do with my oldest DS. He picks up a lot just by trying to imitate his older brother. Will gets frustrated when I ask him a question and James blurts out the answer before he can

[
August 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Mommy2PrestonandGavin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Preston starts preschool on September 10th! I'm going to send him 2 days a week this year then 4 days a week next year. They do full day kindergarten here now so I didn't want to just thrust him into full days away from me all of the sudden. I think my gradual approach should work out best! I was also able to plan it so Preston will be in school while we go to Gavin's therapies so it works out best for us all! He will go to kindergarten at the school down the street from us.

Thanks Katidid622 for my adorable siggy!

August 25th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here you start proper school the september of the year you are 6 (2015) and kindergarten the year you are 3 (this year) they don´t legally have to go until they are 6, but she is so ready and its 3 hours every morning, which is what she has been doing at playgroup.

August 25th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbymurphy View Post
I'm thinking Aiden will go next year. He already asks when he goes to school. He knows when he is older he gets to go.

Siera can't wait to go. We're going to start her in pre-K next year and then Kindergarten the year after.

May 2013 July 2014
August 27th, 2012, 08:35 PM
jennifer13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xavier is on a witing list for head start. but he will go to kiddle club in the fall. it's just 3 hrs a day, that way he can be around kids his age they do crafts and every thursday they do ice skating . We have a preschool open house on the 4th for next yr .

August 27th, 2012, 11:04 PM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anaiah is already going to a pre-k school. In india she is eligible to go to a 'big' elementary preschool/kindergarten next April so we will already be looking for that this winter. There the school year starts in April. Finding a good and still affordable school is a tough and then it's even tougher to actually get her into a good school. fingers crossed that things work out.

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

August 28th, 2012, 12:25 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Oh Kieran is on the wait list for Head Start but we are over the income cut off by about $6k so her chances of getting in (here they only accept 3 and 4yr olds) are extremely slim the next 2years and regular preschool is out of the question since it costs upwards of $400/mo and we dont have that extra cash (or else I'd actually have medical insurance lmao!!).
Our school district doesn't have a pre-K (except for developmentally delayed/special needs kids who test under 7% of their age) nor allow kids under 5yrs old to be in Kindergarten thats why she wont go till 2014 when she's 5.

Last edited by SandKmommy; August 28th, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
September 3rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
LJ will very shockingly go to the same school Rock and Courtney already go to lol.

September 5th, 2012, 12:21 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have to be 4 here for Junior Kindergarten so Aiden will start next year. It is up to us if we send him for a full or half day so don't know about that yet as DH and I haven't discussed. In an ideal world we would rather homeschool but I just don't think it is feasible He will switch schools once he starts Senior Kindergarten because I plan to start him in the early start French Immersion and he will be going to Greek school 1-2 a week as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search