Billy's Speech Eval Appt - Eval by Neurologist Recommended - X posted

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Jennifer*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 08:24 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The evaluator was concerned about his lack of engagement and lack of pretend play. He does engage but not at the level he should. As for the pretend play he doesn't do that at all.

The doctor I really want to take him to has a 5 month waiting list and works with the OC center for autism and neurodevelopment. In fact they are not even taking new patients right now. I did call a couple other places and have paperwork emailed to me. I also took paperwork to the school district to have that process started.

The lady who evaluated for speech said he would definitely qualify for services through the district. I am hoping he qualifies for a developmental preschool.

Thanks to Nicole *MommaDucks* for my siggy

February 26th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
(Hugs) I know the feeling your going through right now. With Autism and the screening, everything is a process.. The waiting game is all to familiar with me. If you need someone to talk to or just to vent, feel free to message me or message me on FB.

February 28th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana's Mommy View Post
(Hugs) I know the feeling your going through right now. With Autism and the screening, everything is a process.. The waiting game is all to familiar with me. If you need someone to talk to or just to vent, feel free to message me or message me on FB.
Thank you.
Adriana's Mommy likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 10:40 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had to go thru that with Breana and she is still in speech in Kindergarten.. the wait was so long to get her in.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 28th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I hope he gets in! And I hope you can see a doctor your happy with

March 1st, 2013, 09:23 AM
Thanks ladies. I just want his eval done so I can take the next step. I am mad at myself for not paying attention to earlier signs. I thought he would catch up at 3.

March 21st, 2013, 06:01 PM
I can understand why your mad. But don't beat yourself up over it.. At this age is when issues start to show. I know with A.J.. So many people told me when A.J was two that he didn't have Autism. Fast forward a year and you can clearly see it. He has over come so much now with early intervention (like playing with peers, pretend playing) but it took a trained eye to notice it.. A.J was lucky because the person with the train eye was his Grandmother. If it wasn't for her, we would still be fighting for a diagnosis.

March 21st, 2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
The evaluator was concerned about his lack of engagement and lack of pretend play. He does engage but not at the level he should. As for the pretend play he doesn't do that at all.

The doctor I really want to take him to has a 5 month waiting list and works with the OC center for autism and neurodevelopment. In fact they are not even taking new patients right now. I did call a couple other places and have paperwork emailed to me. I also took paperwork to the school district to have that process started.

The lady who evaluated for speech said he would definitely qualify for services through the district. I am hoping he qualifies for a developmental preschool.
I used to work with autistic children as well as developmentally challenged. depending on his diet, milk, sugar, etc..(which dairy is a NO NO, and sugar, except natural sugar from fruits/veggies, should be the only sugar he consumes. He may have more food allergies than you even know about. Cholesterol is key (checking lipids before starting) the brain needs cholesterol,,,also fish oil or omega 3's with DHA. (remember that anything white (food wise) should be avoided, ie; gluten/casein...I can save you frustraton and a whole bunch of $$$
March 22nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Kelly - You must be talking about the DAN! protocol. We use the DAN! protocal along with Methyl-B12 therapy and traditional therapies. Amazing results along with Intensive therapy.. We don't avoid Gluten because my son is not sensitive to Gluten nor Casien. But whey, Turkey, soy, eggs, cocoanuts, almonds, cherries, papaya's, plums, cinnamon, and others are linked to his behavior issues. We have seen him change after restricting him for 6 months.

The DAN! therapy is super expensive, but the end results are worth it.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; March 22nd, 2013 at 10:01 PM.
March 25th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Jennifer - In case your wondering what the DAN! protocol this video will give you an idea on what's it about..

Autism - Dr Dan Speaks on Autism - YouTube

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 4th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
April 2nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyysherman View Post
I used to work with autistic children as well as developmentally challenged. depending on his diet, milk, sugar, etc..(which dairy is a NO NO, and sugar, except natural sugar from fruits/veggies, should be the only sugar he consumes. He may have more food allergies than you even know about. Cholesterol is key (checking lipids before starting) the brain needs cholesterol,,,also fish oil or omega 3's with DHA. (remember that anything white (food wise) should be avoided, ie; gluten/casein...I can save you frustraton and a whole bunch of $$$

Thank you. Well we don't have to worry about dairy. He won't touch anything dairy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search