Spreading the news....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
When do you plan to tell friends and family the great news?!?

I told my mom and dad right away (very close with them) and we are telling my inlaws today - they all knew we were trying/going under treatment for infertility and ask for updates so... We'll need their support if something happens, too.

Apparently my mom has a big mouth so we're going to tell my brother and SIL once we see them, too. As DH said my mom is just really excited so we're not upset... but I'd rather the news stayed to just immediate family for a little longer. Oh well!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
April 25th, 2009, 06:44 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
We aren't telling anyone....even my kids until at least 6 weeks this time. We've just been through this too many times, and I don't want to drag everyone through it again if something goes wrong.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
April 25th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Amber76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Amber76
We plan to wait until Father's day. . . but I don't know if I will be able to i do plan to tell my BFF soon. She is my support system (besides DH) and I f something goes wrong I will need her.

Katerina 01/10/07 Gabriella 12/29/09 2012 2013
April 25th, 2009, 07:04 AM
jaypbee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we'll tell my parents on mother's day. we'll wait to tell everyone else until closer to 12 weeks. i guess that timetable depends on how quickly i start to show this time around!

April 25th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Send a message via MSN to MamăeS
With my last three pregnancies we told everyone right away. However as my third ended in a miscarriage we have decided that we will not tell anybody for a while, not sure when but probably closer to 8-12 weeks.

Erin & Selena: proud Mamas' to two & expecting a January miracle with an angel above.
♀♀
April 25th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Well don't I feel like the odd one out
(though I understand - we were planning to wait until the first ultrasound at least... with the exception of my mom).

I'm terrible at keeping this secret - 2 people looked at me and guessed lol.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart

Last edited by Carrie429; April 25th, 2009 at 08:49 AM.
April 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Veteran
I have already told my mom and 1 of my friends. Dh is very unhappy about this unplanned pregnancy right now and does not want to tell anyone yet.
Unfortuently I am an x-ray tech so I had to tell my supervisor this morning. Then it snowballed when I needed someone to do an exam for me and had to tell them. Then I figured whatever, everyone will find out soon anyway, so I just told everyone at work. I didn't want to for fear of a mc. I haven't had one, but I'm always a nervous wreck that something could be wrong.

April 26th, 2009, 09:39 AM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't told our family yet but probably will soon....
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
April 26th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Veteran
We are telling everyone in a few weeks at my nephews 2nd birthday party, the whole family will be together and I think we are going to have our nephew tell everyone.

April 26th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Regular
We are waiting to tell everyone for awhile. My SIL is preggo with their first baby and due in July. Since this is baby #3 for us, we've decided to wait awhile so we don't steal the limelight. It's really hard not to say anything though, I want to tell everyone now. I'm due January 1st. My other two girls were born in January also.... so it must just be our month.
April 27th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Mrs.Mikey's Avatar Kay- mom of Bryson
I told my BFF- could hardly wait!!! I think we are going to tell our parents on mothers day... something cheesy like giving the moms a grandma bib or something- this is our first so everyone will be very surprised!!! I am not wanting to talk to my mom though cuz I am bad a keeping secrets!
April 27th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Amber76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Amber76
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulforbaby View Post
I told my BFF- could hardly wait!!! I think we are going to tell our parents on mothers day... something cheesy like giving the moms a grandma bib or something- this is our first so everyone will be very surprised!!! I am not wanting to talk to my mom though cuz I am bad a keeping secrets!

I am going to see my mom today and I am so worried that I will let something slip. I might have to move up telling them to Mother's Day.

Katerina 01/10/07 Gabriella 12/29/09 2012 2013
April 27th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I don't know how you ladies can keep it a secret! Maybe it's because this is my first but I called my Mom about 30 minutes after finding out. I texted my brother after that and called my Dad that night to tell him. My parents have already called some aunts and uncles to let them know. We have also told a couple of friends.

That is one thing I worry about... something going wrong and having that disappointment and having to explain what happened but I was just too happy and excited to keep it under wraps. The only people I don't plan to tell for a while are my boss and co-workers. I will probably let them know at 12 weeks.

Major
April 27th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Veteran
I let my family know the day I took the test! I have had a miscarriage before and thought about waiting, but my DH and I decided we wanted to have our families support during this anxiety ridden time. They are all happy and cautiously awaiting the drs appt.

April 27th, 2009, 03:37 PM
CassieJ27's Avatar Regular
My DH and I phoned our parents and my brother the morning we got the BFP. We are waiting until the first trimester is over to tell anyone else. My first pregnancy ended in MC and I figured we need their support during this stressful time and if god-forbid anything happens again. I can't wait for 12 weeks to get here!
April 27th, 2009, 05:29 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure how long we are going to wait, probably at least until after the first doctor's appt. I want to wait a while, because this is our 4th child, and if I hear one person say "Don't you two know what causes that?", I am going to choke someone. I told a couple of friends who live out of state and don't know my family so I don't have to worry about them blabbing, lol.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 29th, 2009, 07:07 AM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom knows because of photobucket!!! I called her and she asked if I had something to tell her. But other than that we will wait until the 1st trimester is over to tell everybody. We had a loss before Wyatt.
April 29th, 2009, 12:44 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well, we went ahead and told everyone; hubby said he just couldn't wait any longer! We told some people on the phone and then I emailed some.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I haven't even told Dh yet!! He has been at work since 3am and is working late so Im going crazy! I put a big brother shirt on my littlest so dh will see it when he gets home tonight

My family all lives in Ca and I live in Louisiana, but my mom is going to be out this way next week for work so we're trying to plan to meet for lunch so I can give her her Mothers Day gift, which I'm thinking will be a calendar that you can order on-line made with your own pictures..so for January I was going to put a picture of Rylan in his big brother shirt & a picture of the hpt on the actual date. Then we will call & tell everyone else.
April 29th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
everyone I know already knows LMAO

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search