Bleeding just a little?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2009, 12:06 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so I was supposed to start my period today, but I'm pregnant. Well, I was sitting her at the computer earlier and I felt some wetness down there. It really felt like blood coming out so I went to the bathroom and it was about a tsp or tbsp of blood. I immediately called the dr and they had me come in. The dr checked my cervix, which is still closed so that's good. The flow also stopped right away. It was like it was just that first gush and that was it. We did the first blood draw for beta testing and I'll get the second done at the hospital on Saturday then wait for the results on Monday. Has this happened to any of you in the past and then went on to have a healthy pregnancy? I came straight home and laid down on the couch. I'm taking a break but I'm about to go lay back down, I just wanted to tell you guys about it. I'm really freaking out here. My husband thought it might have been because I got so upset yesterday about my Dad telling me to get an abortion.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 30th, 2009, 12:23 PM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's normal to have a little bit of bleeding right around the time of your period. Just take it really easy. Drink lots of water and keep your feet up! My T & P's are with you.
April 30th, 2009, 12:45 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
It happened to me with both my pregnancies! With my last one I spotted for about a week, it's so nerve racking but it's something that can be totally normal early on.
April 30th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry. I've heard bleeding can be normal so just try and relax and rest. Keep us posted.

April 30th, 2009, 01:12 PM
mommy2angels's Avatar ~*mommy 2 angels*~
both pregs i have that. This one with cramping, and i called the dr the first time, had an apt (said that usually they think everything is really fine, but have to be "better safe than sorry) You should try to not stress the first twelve weeks, but usually with unsupported family it is hard.
April 30th, 2009, 01:13 PM
both pregs i have that. This one with cramping, and i called the dr the first time, had an apt (said that usually they think everything is really fine, but have to be "better safe than sorry) You should try to not stress the first twelve weeks, but usually with unsupported family it is hard.
April 30th, 2009, 01:14 PM
April 30th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry too much about it, worrying isn't good for you. Just take it easy and try to relax. Let us know what the doctor says.

Major
April 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM
jaypbee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
spotting in early pg can be normal. "they" say that as long as it's not bright red accompanied w/ severe cramps, then it's usually just old blood. i had spotting w/ my first for about a week around the 9 week mark.

i ditto the other girls. just take it as easy as you can and try not to worry. you're doing everything you can!

April 30th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Well, it was red blood, but no cramps. It was just that red blood that just came out in like 2 seconds. I've had a tiny bit of brown stuff since then but only enough to change my panty liner once. Thanks for your support; I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll let you know how things go.

May 1st, 2009, 04:01 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know lots of women who have spotted during their pregnancies (especially early on) You're doing everything right by going to the doctor and getting your betas checked. Try and relax and please keep us posted.

May 1st, 2009, 08:46 AM
Veteran
Sometimes you can bleed a little after bd'ing, so there are a few reasons why bleeding w/o cramps is possible. Try to stay calm and we will be here for ya for a chat!

May 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you dont mind me popping in, Im from the september DDC. I just want to say I have had a few episodes of bleeding in this pregnacy. My first was at just after 4 weeks, and my doctor told me it was an implantation bleed. Anyway, I guess Im just trying to say that bleeding isnt always a bad thing, but it can be very scary.

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 1st, 2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks princesskate. That makes me feel better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search