Question about multiple childeren

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2009, 09:11 PM
mommy2angels's Avatar ~*mommy 2 angels*~
As i Have mentioned i have a 15 month old who will be almost 2 when #2 is born, how much harder is it to be taking care of 2 than 1? (I am SAHM) also, did you think it was going to be more or less expensive haveing the 2 than the 1 than you expected?? my SO is just about having a heart attack all of a sudden (he is an anxious guy.. hehe) about having the 2 now, and doesnt want to tell anyone until he figures out all the answers... But i am about to explode!
May 2nd, 2009, 10:10 PM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first 2 were 18 months apart. With them that close it was pretty easy to add #2 to #1. The cost did go up, for diapers and such, but we already had all the furniture, and food was covered. #3 was harder since I had to start over (11 years between #2 and #3). I'm thinking adding #4 will be a cinch since we already have everything (again), and we're cloth diapering this time, so no buying sposies. I'm just worried about the exaustion and my constant need to feel like supermom.
May 3rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
My Ds was about 18 months when I got pregnant with Rylan, and to be honest, I didn't find it that hard to go from 1 to 2. Hopefully you still have some baby gear from #1, so that will save you some money also. And if you start early, buying little things here & there like diapers every month or every payday,formula if you don't plan to Breastfeed, and other essentials and spread it out, it will help a lot.

Also, you can put things on layaway at certain stores & pay on them every month (or more if you want), that will help break up the expense of the bigger items.

GL!!
May 3rd, 2009, 06:13 AM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my two are 9 years apart LOL so it was easy NOW adding in #3 i am freaked out my youngets will also be about 2 years apart
May 3rd, 2009, 06:42 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest two are almost exactly 2 years apart. (Their birthdays are 6 days apart!). It really wasn't that big of a difference adding one child. As far as $$, don't buy everything brand new, and you'll be OK. Diapers were the biggest expense, but it really wasn't too bad. To me, it's when you add the third that things can get a little crazy because you don't have enough hands! You'll be OK.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
May 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
mommy2angels's Avatar ~*mommy 2 angels*~
Thats what i was thinking! I absolutely LOVE the idea of having them so close together. Thinking of cloth diapering, and emma is already trying to potty train. SHe loves her new potty and sits on it with daddy's book without her diaper. Stays for a few min, then wipes her face with some tissue and runs away.. hehe
We still have everything we had with her, and is all gender neuteral.
May 3rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The cost wasn't much of a change, but I thought it was difficult to go from 1 to 2 kids. It is just a completely different ballgame as far as logistics and getting everyone in and out of carseats, etc. I had less trouble going to 3, but for some people it is the opposite. What is great now is that when I go out with just one kid, its like vacation.
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
May 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
I have 5 children...this will be number 6 for us. My first two are less than a year apart. At first it was hard. I was tired, up at night with the new baby and then having to chase a new walker around all day. Once we got in a pattern, things were pretty good. As the girls got older they played together so well, that I was pretty happy they were born so close together.

I also have three year old twins and I have to say that in some ways twins were easier because at least they were going through all the same things at the same time. It was much easier potty training them together than trying to potty train my older one when the baby was still in diapers and trying to nurse a newborn while a one year old is trying to climb on your lap is harder than trying to nurse twins. LOL

Two years apart is great. The older one is old enough to take some direction and be a little bit of a helper. Make sure you get a schedule worked out where they have at least one nap at the same time and that will give you a chance to rest.
May 3rd, 2009, 06:48 PM
Regular
This will be number 5. (I it sticks...)

Nothing really changed...just more of everything...I also drink a LOT of coffee!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search