Lex1078's Journal

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I'm first going to tell my story of Kayla & Kaitlin, my Angels:

On June 30 2008 I found out I was pregnant. I was VERY shocked as DH and I were NTNP. We had just moved into our new house and A LOT was going on so we were exhausted to be intimate often, but something worked. At 6w I had some spotting and called the Dr. We went in for a sonogram and found out it was TWINS! Even more of a shock. Everyone was so excited. We learned that they were Monochorionic Diamniotic (mono/di) twins which means they were in separate sacs, but shared a placenta. I researched mono/di twins and learned that there was a risk for Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS). I researched the H*ll out of TTTS and even started to do what I could to prevent it or if I had it to already help start alleviating some of the concerns. We started to see a perinatologist at 18w. The first ultrasound scared the crap out of us. The Dr. told us that Baby B, Kaitlin, wasn't receiving enough blood flow and he put me on baby aspirin. I went back for my 20w u/s and the sizes were good and everything else looked good. We didn't see the Dr. for this scan. I went back for another u/s at 22 weeks and was told everything looked great, even so great that the blood flow looked much much better. The Dr. was even shocked at how well the blood flow was. One week later, 23w, I went in for another u/s and NST scan. Again, things were great. No issues, nothing of concern came up at this scan and the Dr. even said that TTTS was of no concern. The next day I went into labor. It was too far along to be stopped. Sunday morning, 11-9-08 I would give birth to my girls who were to small to survive. They were perfect and absolutely beautiful. I hate the whole experience but have accepted it. What happened was Kaitlin had Absent End Diastolic Blood flow of the Umbilical Artery (AEDBF) and Velamentous Cord Insertion. The Velamentous Cord insertion means that the umbilical cord planted itself to far on the end of the placenta and the AEDBF meant that the blood flow was reversing itself. Kayla, Baby A, was receiving an overflow of blood and was very red when she was born. Kaitlin was very pale. I've read stories about this situation and sometimes one baby dies in-utero. I don't know why that didn't happen to me, but I still don't have my babies. The whole situation was the most painful situation I've ever been through. What happened wasn't something that I did, it just happens. I was very lost during everything because DH and I had no idea I would go into labor early, the peri. Dr. said "I want you to make it to 30w". He never told us specifically what was happening. I didn't find out most of it until after I lost my girls. I did a lot of research online and we even consulted a lawyer. That fell through though. I've learned that I'm not the only one to experience a loss just like mine but other parents knew far more than we did. I wish I knew more about what was going on so I could have asked more questions and been more educated about what was happening. I miss my girls terribly every day. I wish they were with me. I've learned that my girls were needed in Heaven more than they were needed here. I'm ok with that. I love them very very much and can't wait to see them again (when it's my time to be with them)!

May 27th, 2009, 08:31 AM
When I lost my girls, DH and I in the heat of everything first decided we would wait 6 months to a year to start trying again. Well, in January, I got crazy baby fever and told DH that I don't think I could wait much longer, so we kinda started trying in February. My body hadn't adjusted yet from the girls so we didn't have any luck that much. In March I think I had a chemical pregnancy because I was getting +HPT's and even had a blood draw and that came up at 15Hcg, which anything over 5Hcg is considered pregnant. It didn't stick though cause AF showed up. That hurt, but not enough to tear us down. April was a miss. We were in San Diego when I was O'ing but we missed the egg. So onto May. Apparently we hit this one right on the mark. I really didn't think was our month. I thought we had missed it because I was O'ing around Mother's day and that day was really hard on me. Plus, DH and I had gotten into a fight that night and we just didn't have it in us to DTD. But something worked. I'm now 4w5d and just absolutely floored and so excited. I'm also very scared and nervous at the same time. I will feel better after my first u/s which is June 15th. There is a small chance that it might be twins again, so that first u/s will be the tell all of tell alls. I don't think it's twins, but you never know.

May 27th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Here are my BFP's:

I was only 11DPO and shocked to get a positive result on Digi's. I'm still in shock!

May 31st, 2009, 12:03 PM
I can't take the waiting for my first ultrasound anymore. I still have 2 weeks to go and it's just soo long! We don't have much planned so time isn't going to fly by. I'm going to have to find things to do to keep me busy.

I've been having cramping every day in my uterus which I didn't have with the girls. It's making me wonder what is going on in there. I'm already thinking it's a boy cause he is bothering me already. The pain isn't unbearable, I can just feel it and it reminds me that I'm pregnant. I just wish I knew what was going on. Since I'm not bleeding or spotting I'm not too worried. Since I've had this pain for almost a week now I think I'll call the Dr.'s tomorrow and ask. What's the worst they can tell "You'll be fine" and I'll still have to wait 2 weeks to see the Dr. My right boob is getting tender. I remember my boobs being sooo tender with the girls that doing anything hurt for a few weeks. I'm waiting for that to start soon.

Other than that, there is nothing much to complain about now. Just still shocked that I'm pregnant!!! : party:

June 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you started a journal! Thank you for sharing the story about your girls. Can't wait to follow your prego progress!!

June 10th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Time has been going so slow. I still have 5 days until my first appt. I've come to the conclusion that I'm only pregnant with one. My BB's are no where as near the tenderness they were with the girls, but I also don't remember exactly when that was. But now they are barely tender and I can "check them out" and not be afraid to touch them. With the girls, it was so painful. IDK, maybe it's just too early. I know this is weird to say, but I can't wait for my exhaustion to set it, I will finally get a goods nights sleep. I can't take this sleeping like crap anymore. Every night I wake at some point and have such a hard time going back to sleep. I'm done with being tired all the time during the day just because I can't get a good night's sleep. Ugh.. That's all the complaining for now.

I did start a Babies R Us registry. I know, it's sooo early, but I'm just so excited. I haven't bought anything yet because I've been avoiding the stores, but that won't last too long.

June 11th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are almost equal pregnant in weeks.
Your story touched me, and I hope you will get the u/s soon. The 15th is a long wait indeed, but it is almost weekend. Time might go faster.
For me, I can relate on the waiting part. My first appt. is June 25th and the first u/s a few weeks after that.

I hope you have nothing but good news June 15th! Keep us updated
June 16th, 2009, 07:39 AM
So I had my appt yesterday at 11:15am. I didn't go as great as I thought it would. I was 7w3d going in and coming out I was only 6 weeks. LB is measuring behind. DH and I tried to figure it out last night and we don't know what happened. Here's a little bit of the story: I was doing my OPK's and got positive results on May 9th and 10th so we were actively trying. One week later after DTD on May 18th, I had some spotting. Nothing much to worry about but enough to make you wonder. We thought it was IB. I may have been O'ing then. We think I probably geared up to O and O'd later than we thought and implantation occurred later and that's why I'm measuring behind. I did get a faint BFP on May 20th though. I got a BFP on a digi the next day. I just hope this is the only set back for now. I go to the Dr. again on June 30th for a dating U/S. Lets pray everything will be just fine then.

June 16th, 2009, 02:06 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
How frustrating Stephanie!! I know sometimes the dating can still be off early on. June 30 will be here before you know it, and you’ll get to see your little one again. And in the end a week later won’t matter so much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search