Kimberly's Pregnancy Journal

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My name is Kimberly, I'm 31 and I'm pregnant with my first We had been talking about TTC for a while, but only actually tried once.

I am about 7 weeks pregnant today, and so for the past week or so I've been pretty nauseated--worse in the evenings than in the mornings. Luckily I have only thrown up once, and usually at least during the work day I can function pretty well, as long as I don't let myself get hungry. Evenings, though, are not so nice. No food sounds appetizing, so I have to make myself eat. I feel bad for my husband...I pretty much spend most of the time on the couch trying not to aggravate the nausea. But really, it could be much worse. I'm so thankful and so excited to be where I am.

My first appointment is not until 10 weeks (June 18th). I am not certain, but I think that I will have an ultrasound at that time.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 31st, 2009, 12:47 PM
7 weeks, 5 days today.

I feel sort of like a Pepto Bismol commercial..."nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea..." Add on gas, bloating, belching, hiccups, and occasional vomiting. And on top of all of that, extreme hunger. If I don't eat, it aggravates the nausea. If I DO eat, it aggravates the indigestion. Go figure. I am struggling with the eating thing. I am eating...a lot...but not enjoying it. I pretty much have to force myself to eat, and it takes a while to decide what I can stand to eat. And nothing tastes quite right. But...overall I think I am doing a good job of finding ways to cope with it.

I think Jon is anxious to tell everyone. Our families know, and everyone at our jobs, as well as a few close friends. I would like to at least wait until after my first appointment before we announce it to the world.

I'm hoping that I start feeling better soon. I have a lot of projects coming up at work, and I don't want to get behind because I feel bad. Hoping for a good week!

June 2nd, 2009, 02:41 AM
8 weeks pregnant today.

Not a good start to the day...when I woke up I really had to pee, so I skipped the snack I usually eat before I sit up, thinking it would be ok. Big mistake. Throwing up is starting to become a daily thing. Jon is so sweet about it, though. He always brings me a cold wash-cloth & makes sure I'm ok...even at 3:45am! I think we're both ready for the m/s to let up, though. What really stinks is having to throw up at work, and then just go right back to work. Luckily that's only happened once (yesterday).

June 6th, 2009, 07:37 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope your m/s mellows out! Your post cracked me up when you talked about sounding like a Pepto Bismol commercial! Can't wait to follow your progress!

June 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Today is 9 weeks, 4 days.

The past week has definitely had its ups and downs as far as the morning sickness goes. Last Sunday was the worst day so far--I couldn't keep anything down. I finally ate a bagel (very slowly) and then did not get off the couch until time to get up for work the next morning. But then the rest of the week was much better...no throwing up, and in general less morning sickness. One day in particular I actually felt pretty good. And I actually managed to go out to eat with my family Thursday night, and with my husband last night. This morning, though, I threw up my pancakes. It was strange, though...I was not nauseated, and actually felt pretty good. I got up to help my husband clean up the kitchen (haven't felt up for that in several weeks, so I was definitely feeling better), and all of a sudden, it hit me. But since then I have felt ok. So, in general I am feeling better, but not out of the m/s woods yet.

I'm looking forward to this week--my sister & her kids are coming to visit, and I can't wait! And I'm taking vacation starting on Wednesday (until next Tuesday). Thursday is my first OB appointment, and I hoping I'll get an ultrasound, but I don't know for sure. Then Thursday night we are flying to Colorado--Jon is going to be best man in his friend's wedding. We will also get to see family while we are there. We'll be back next Tuesday. Then the following weekend we are getting together with Jon's brother (+ wife & kids) and parents in Branson. So lots of good stuff to look forward to. I'm just hoping the m/s eases up, and I can enjoy all of the traveling and family. I'm also hoping for a great appointment Thursday!

June 18th, 2009, 10:09 AM
10 weeks, 2 days today.

Nausea has decreased somewhat, but the random vomiting has not. I did get a prescription for Zofran today at my appointment, so hopefully that helps. And hopefully I've only got a couple more weeks of feeling like this!

So my first appointment was great! I posted about it in the main forum, but for the sake of my journal, here's what I wrote:

"I finally got to have my first OB appointment today, and it went great! This was my first visit at this clinic, and I'd never met the doctor. I had no idea what to expect--whether or not they would do an ultrasound, whether I'd like the doctor, etc. But it was all so great! She did a pap/breast/pelvic exam, and then we got to hear the heartbeat via Doppler! It was amazing--my husband was there, and he grabbed my hand, and we were both kind of teary-eyed. Heartbeat was 166 bpm, so that was great. Then she did an ultrasound--saw arms & legs! They had a new u/s machine, and couldn't figure out how to print a picture at first, but finally we got one.

I really, really liked the doctor--she put us at ease, and was just really personable. The only bad thing is that she's going into private practice, and now I have to choose whether or not I want to follow her to her other clinic, or stay at this clinic. If I stay, I can deliver at the hospital where I work...brand new labor/delivery suites, one of the best NICUs in the state, employee discount, etc. If I follow my doctor, I'll be delivering at a hospital just down the street from mine--also a great hospital with new labor/delivery rooms, just not MY hospital. So I have to make a choice. She said she could recommend another doctor at this clinic if I choose to stay, and I'm sure any of them would be great. But I have time to think about it--she's not leaving until August.

So I go back in 4 weeks. She called me in a prescription for Zofran, so I'm definitely excited about that, and hope it helps. Overall it was a great visit! What a relief! So now we can go on our trip and relax a bit more knowing everything is ok. And we're going to start telling everyone now (well, everyone that we haven't already told )!"

June 29th, 2009, 05:59 PM
11 weeks, 6 days today.

I am still struggling with "morning" sickness. It has decreased somewhat in the past couple of weeks, but it is certainly not gone. In fact, Jon is out right now getting me a second supper, because I threw up the first. And again just now, as I was writing this...had to go throw up again.
I do have good days, but it seems then I'll have a couple of bad days. Zofran helps to an extent, but obviously it does not prevent all nausea & vomiting. I'm really hoping that the 2nd trimester gets better!

We have been so busy traveling in the past few weeks--had a great time & saw lots of family. But my body needs a rest!

July 16th, 2009, 09:22 AM
14 weeks, 2 days pregnant today.

I had my second appointment today, and it went well! Pretty routine...BP was fine, I had gained 5 lbs since last visit, but I'm not worrying about that too much. Got a prescription for Reglan, as I'm still struggling with nausea/vomiting. We'll see if it helps! Hopefully, though, it will ease up one of these days. And finally we got to hear the heartbeat again - 159bpm. It took a little while for her to find it--baby was moving around like crazy! But it is nice and strong. Can't wait until next month for the big ultrasound so we can see baby again!
Jon is really thinking girl...though you just never know. It will be so fun to find out!

So this was my last visit with this OB...she is going into private practice starting in August. I decided to stay at this clinic, though, so I can deliver at my hospital. She recommended another OB, so I will see her in 4 weeks. And at that visit we will schedule the ultrasound. So exciting!

Other than that, life is ok. Drama at work, but hopefully it will settle down soon. This weekend is our 6-year anniversary--I have no idea what we will do. I would like to take a weekend trip, but I don't know if we will or not. Then NEXT weekend my father-in-law is coming to stay with us for maybe 10 days or so to help us do some work on our old house so that we can get it ready to put on the market. REALLY want to get it sold before baby comes. So that's life at 14 weeks!

July 29th, 2009, 08:17 AM
16 weeks, 1 day today.

Time is sure flying! I have, for the most part, been feeling better. But not great. I still have bouts of nausea here and there, and vomiting occasionally, but it is getting to be less frequent. I'm taking Reglan at bedtime, and Zofran if I think I need it, and those seem to help. New symptom: sciatica. Also still having the hiccups daily...since about week 7.

I'm definitely to the point where I have to wear maternity clothes now--pants, anyway. I can't fit into my regular pants anymore! Luckily a friend of mine gave me two boxes of her maternity stuff. I also bought a few things over the weekend.

This week my father-in-law is staying with us--helping us get our old house ready to put on the market. He's getting a lot done! It will be nice to get that house off our shoulders.

My next appointment is in a week and a half (Aug 10), and we'll schedule the ultrasound at that time--will be somewhere between 18 & 20 weeks. So exciting!

That's about all that's going on right now.

August 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM
17 weeks, 6 days today.

So I had my "18 week" appointment today, and it went very well. Today was my first appointment with the new doctor, and she's really great! Of course, the appointment was pretty routine--pee in a cup, blood pressure (still good), weight (up 6 more lbs ), and listen to the heartbeat (in the 140's--baby was moving around so much that it was hard to catch it).

They also did lab work today--CBC/blood type, HIV, Hepatitis B, etc. I am not anemic, and am HIV & Hep B negative. They also did the quad screen--results were negative (1/22,000 risk of Downs, and 1/97,000 risk of Trisomy 18, and 1:1400 risk of NT defect). So all of the lab work looked good!

I also got to schedule my level 2 ultrasound, which will be August 24h. Still have to wait TWO MORE WEEKS! But I'm sure it'll be here before I know it. I'm so looking forward to it!

August 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
19 weeks, 1 day:

I am sitting here eating lunch at work, and feeling baby kicking! I love it! I have been feeling movement for a while...felt the first flutters at nearly 15 weeks. I felt occasional flutters for a week or two, and then started feeling stronger movements, but still not every day. In the last few days it has become daily, and several times a day. It's wonderful!

August 24th, 2009, 05:14 PM
19 weeks, 6 days:

So the ultrasound went GREAT! Well, except for the fact that my Jon was stuck in traffic, and I was afraid he was going to miss it. He came in right as we were getting started, though, so he didn't really miss anything. But the tech was so sweet, and definitely very experienced. She answered all of our questions about what stuff was. We saw the little beating heart--all 4 chambers! HB was 129 today. Baby is measuring 19 weeks, 5 days...so just one day off of the EDD from my LMP. So...now for the big news...

We are joining team PINK!!!

We are both thrilled! We have both been thinking girl all along, but would have been equally thrilled with a boy. But I love seeing Jon with our little nieces...I know he will be a great dad to a little girl. I grew up with only sisters, so I think I'm more comfortable with the idea of having a little girl. I think now that we know she's a girl, I feel even closer to her. The ultrasound experience was definitely the best part of the pregnancy so far, other than feeling movements. It makes all the sickness seem worth it! Now I really can't wait to meet her and rock her and get to know her!

We got lots of pictures and a video. My mom, sister, brother-in-law & nephew all came over today to watch the video and find out the gender.

Baby is moving around more and more--Jon even felt her kick the other day!

September 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM
22 weeks, 6 days:

So I have not posted here in a while. Mostly things are going smoothly with the pregnancy...nausea/vomiting have FINALLY eased up. I haven't thrown up in about 2 weeks, and I haven't had to take any Zofran in a long time. I still take Reglan at bedtime occasionally just to help with the reflux/yucky feeling.

Grace is moving around a lot these days...we can even feel her from the outside now, and see my belly move! And my belly is definitely getting bigger. And along with that, I'm having more backaches, and my left knee is killing me most of the time. But all is good for the most part.

I had another routine appointment this morning--blood pressure was up a little the first time, then she did it again and it was fine. Trace protein in my urine, but nothing to worry about. Doctor did try to listen to the heartbeat, but she couldn't catch it...we did hear the placenta, which sounded perfect (160 bpm), and she thinks it might have moved a little more anterior, but is not worried about it. She said that if we still can't hear it at the next visit, she might do another quickie ultrasound to see where the placenta is.

So pregnancy-wise, everything is good. Emotionally, however, things have been pretty crazy since my last post. But I'm focusing on the positive, and trusting that everything will work out!

Looking forward to working on decorating and furnishing the nursery soon!

September 15th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is so nice to read your journal
October 13th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLove View Post
It is so nice to read your journal
Thanks! I need to update more often, though...

27 weeks today.

I had another appointment yesterday, and I had to do the 1 hour OGTT. It wasn't too bad...though not the best tasting stuff ever. I was up 10 lbs (), but other than that everything was pretty normal: BP good, trace protein in urine (has been that way for a while...not an issue), uterus measuring right on track, and heartbeat was in the 150's. We actually heard the heartbeat and the placenta this time...last time we just heard the placenta. So I go back in another 4 weeks. Not too exciting, but that's ok! Oh, and I did pass the 1 hour test, so that is good!

Other than that, I'm doing pretty well. I have not thrown up in a LONG time, and for most of the last month or two I've felt pretty good. I am starting to get more tail-bone pain, and sometimes it is bad. Ligament pains & sciatic nerve pain don't help, either. And I may have had my first BH contraction the other day. But mostly things are going well. Grace is kicking away most days, and last Sunday we actually felt a foot sticking out right under my ribs!

We had a good trip to Kansas City to Jon's cousin's wedding recently--I even got out and danced some! There was another pregnant girl there (who appeared to be as far along as I am, though you can never tell), and she didn't dance.

We really need to get going with nursery decorating/furnishing! I'm kind of waiting until after my shower (Nov. 15th) to buy a lot of stuff (esp. the smaller stuff), but we need to start thinking about the crib, etc.

Guess that's about all for now. I need to get some new belly pictures posted, though!

November 9th, 2009, 08:56 AM
30 weeks, 6 days:

Had another appointment today--quick and painless. Except that I had gained another 7 pounds. Ugh. Urine and BP were fine. She found the heartbeat right away, and it was in the 140's. So that was about it. She said to come back in 3 weeks, and then after that we'll do 2 weeks, and then go to every week. So far, no issues. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I have started to have some Braxton Hicks contractions--nothing regular or painful, just occasional tightening of my uterus. Other than that, just the normal...bachaches, ligament pains, shortness of breath, etc.

We finally bought a travel system off Craigslist. One thing that we can actually cross off the list. I also finished our registries. Shower is this weekend, on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it! After that, we'll see what we still need, and hopefully make some plans to buy the rest of it. We definitely need a crib, and need to get the nursery set up. Can't believe that it's 9 weeks until I'm due!

Oh, a friend offered to do some maternity pics for us for FREE! I'm looking forward to it! We were going to do it this past weekend, but had to reschedule.

Life is still a crazy rollercoaster. House is finally on the market, and hopefully it will sell soon. Jon's job situation is not good. Emotionally, we are sometimes hanging by a thread. But overall we're doing pretty well, considering the circumstances.

November 30th, 2009, 10:45 AM
33 weeks, 6 days:

Had another appointment today. BP was still good, but it seems to be increasing slightly each appointment. Hopefully it will continue to stay under control. Urine was negative, and I had gained 3 pounds in 3 weeks (right on track...and much better than the previous two appointments). Heart rate was in the 140's. So all was good. I have been having some serious hip pain, which came up...she said there's not much she could recommend other than possibly going to a physical therapist. Oh, and my feet/ankles have been swelling--pretty bad over the weekend. Ugh. Next appointment is in 2 weeks.

We now have a crib! Got lots of things at the shower, including a swing from my mom, and lots of clothes. And we have lots of the small things (onesies, socks, hats, blankets, diapers, some wipes, medicines, etc). We still want to get a Pack n Play, and I need a breast pump, and I'm sure there are some more small things we will need. But we're getting much closer to being ready. We also still want to paint the room.

In other news, we sold our old house!! We are supposed to close today. Such a huge relief--now we can buy what we need for Grace, and also have the peace of mind of having only one mortgage payment!

Thanksgiving was great--we had my sister's family here all last week, had a great dinner, etc. I had to work TG day and the day after, but was off by 3 both days. Then Saturday we did some baby shopping, and then Jon's parents stayed the night with us. So we got to see lots of family, which was nice.

That's about it. Next appointment is Dec 14th (2 weeks), and after that I'll be going weekly until baby is born. Jon doesn't think I'll make it past Christmas. We'll see!

December 1st, 2009, 07:20 AM
Oh...and I felt Grace's hiccups for the first time last night!

December 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
36 weeks, 1 day:

So I had the first of my weekly appointments on Monday. It went well...urine was fine, BP was still normal (though definitely trending upward...at the beginning of the pregnancy it was in the 115/60 range, and it has slowly been increasing. This week it was 135/80). Weight was up 3lbs. Gracie's heartrate was in the 150's. I told her about (and showed her) my swollen feet, and also told her about my horrible foot pain. She said just try to stay off it as much as possible. I had to have the group B strep swab done...came back negative. So overall it was a good appointment. Next week my doctor will be out of town, and I'll have to see another doctor in the practice. I won't start getting cervical checks until at least 37 weeks, she said.

Turned in my FMLA paperwork...I decided that I want to start my leave after the New Year (I have to work New Year's Day, so that would be my last day), baby or no baby. If she comes on or close to her due date, that'll give me a week off before she comes. Of course, she could be late, but that's ok. I know that I have to be back at work by the end of March/beginning of April, and I have plenty of paid time off accumulated, so if I start my leave 1/4/10, and I return to work close to the end of March, that'll be just under 12 weeks. That means just 12 more working days for me!! Yikes!!

Got my breast pump in today! So we still need a Pack n' Play and another carseat, and we'll be mostly set. I also want to get a new overnight bag to take to the hospital, and I'm waiting until I get that to pack anything.

We're nearly finished with the walls in the nursery--painting is done, just have to finish installing the chair rail. We also still have some furniture to be painted. I really want it to be done before she gets here, but if not, it's not the end of the world...she'll be sleeping in our room for a while anyway.

Seriously need to work on the pediatrician thing! Geez! Part of the problem is that there are very few (if any) in-network pediatricians in the city where I live--they're mostly all in the city where I work (20 miles away). I'd rather go to someone closer to home (and daycare). But I have to make a decision soon! My goal is by the end of the week.

One awesome thing that I found out is that, starting in January, if I deliver at my hospital, the first $1000 of my bill will be waived (this includes the copay, coinsurance deductible)! So...maybe she'll stay put until January at least. And if not...then she'll be a tax deduction .

I'm in denial about Christmas...only "shopping" I've done is for Jon--and he sent me links to stuff online, so that was easy. It'll be delivered tomorrow. Don't know what I'll do about everyone else! We have Jon's parents, sister & sister's fiance coming to stay with us for Christmas, and of course we're hosting Christmas dinner (my mom & sister will be there for dinner as well). I don't know how I'll manage, especially considering the fact that I just can't be on my feet due to my foot pain. I'm just going to have to rely on family to do most of the dinner prep.

Guess that's all for now (as if that's not enough)!

December 22nd, 2009, 12:03 PM
37 weeks:

I had another appointment yesterday. I saw a different doctor than normal...she was nice. I had trace protein in my urine...nothing concerning. My blood pressure was borderline the first time, and then she took it again and it was 135/70. Grace's heartrate was between 140 & 150, so that's good. And my fundal height was 36. She also did a cervical check--first time I've had that done. She said it was soft (25% effaced), and dilated a fingertip. She also said that Grace is head down, with her head slightly off to the right. So everything is good. She did comment on my swollen feet/ankles, but didn't seem overly concerned, since my blood pressure is still normal.

The good news is that my foot is feeling MUCH better! It is still a bit sore, but I'm not in excruciating pain from it anymore. So I can now do a little more than I had been able to do, which is good, because we've got a LOT to do! I actually managed to to a little Christmas shopping yesterday!

On the other hand, I'm having a lot of pelvic pressure these days...hip, pelvic and tailbone pain, as well as just general pressure. I think it's due to her having dropped. I've also had more BH contractions, as well as a few painful contractions. I supposed they are doing something, since my cervix is showing some progress.

Nursery is coming along...we should be all the way done with the walls tonight. Then we just need to paint the armoire, finish the changing table, and buy curtains and a rug. I can't wait to see it all done! We bought a Pack n' Play this week, which is where she'll sleep for the first bit.

Christmas shopping is just about done. I haven't done any wrapping, though. And we also have not bought groceries for Christmas dinner yet. But I'm not too worried about it yet. Trying not to stress about Christmas this year.

We drove to the hospital the other night so that Jon could see where to park, where to enter the building, where the elevators are, and how to get to L & D. He said he feels much better now. I still need to pack our bag. Grace's bag is packed, and I have a list for our bag, and I bought a new bag to use...just have to put all the stuff in it.

8 more working days after today! Woo hoo! Can't believe how close it is!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search