Whitney's Journal

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Im Whitney. I am 23 years old and am married to my high school sweat heart Ryan. We have been together since we were 17, 6 years, and we have been married for almost 2 years now. We have one daughter named Blair who will be 4 at the end of June. She is an amazing child!

I had Blair when I was 19 years old. We had a normal 9 months of pregnancy and a normal vaginal deliver. But around 6 weeks strange little things started happening to Blair. She would be anemic a lot and got sick a lot. There were also a couple of time where we would go into her room and she would have 103+ fever and be very lethargic. She did this 3 times before she had her first febrile seizure in front of us. We later realized that the 3 times we found her in bed burning up and lethargic was the state she was in after a seizure. She went on to have 3 more febrile seizures. Her seizures have weird tendencies and are different from a typical febrile seizure and because she has had 8 of them she is on medication to control the seizures. During all the seizure mess we were realizing that Blair kept getting infections over and over again and would stay sick for weeks and need two or three antibiotics to finally get rid of the infection. So we were recommended to an infectious disease doctor who was NO help, then we saw an allergist who tested her and we learned she had horrible allergies to basically everything you breath in. Finally I found the IDF (immune deficiency foundation)website. They have a message board and I was reading all the other parents post about their kids and kept think wow that sounds like Blair. I called the foundation and they told me I was lucky because we were located to one of the best pediatric immunologist in the world. We made an appointment with him and he agreed that Blair shows signs of Primary Immune Deficiency Disorder (PIDD) so we did 6 viles of blood work. The blood work came back almost 2 months ago and I received a letter telling me that Blair does in fact have PIDD with the deficiency of her IgA antibodies (these antibodies protect you from getting infections they are located in every hole in your body, mouth, ears, throat, lungs, eyes, nose, vagina, and anus) and that she is deficient in her IgG2 antibodies (this memorizes infections you get so that your body knows how to fight it the second,third, fourth ect time you get it) We are going back June 18th to do more testing to make sure her antibodies are all working properly. And the most amazing thing about Blair is if you look at her and you get to know her you would never ever guess any of this about her.

Once I felt we were on the right road with Blair in figuring out what might be the problem with her I wanted to TTC. Blair wanted a little sister or brother and I wanted another baby. Plus we had just bought a 3 bedroom beautiful house and we had an empty bedroom just waiting to be a nursery. It took a little convincing for my husband to agree but he finally agreed and I got off the nuva ring (which I had been on since Aug of 2005) in September 2009. My doctor told me it would take about 3 months to get the nuva ring out of my system. And on our 3rd month trying we got pregnant! I was shocked!

Unfortunately I went for an early ultrasound in February only to find out that I had a blighted ovum (a blighted ovum is were the yolk sac and the placenta all form but a fetus or embryo doesnt form) I was devastated. On February 26 at 12 weeks pregnant I had a D&C. I bleed so much during the D&C that a 20 min procedure turned into a 2 hour procedure and I nearly needed a blood transfusion. But while they were waiting on the blood to get to the OR I stopped bleed as much and they were able to get the bleeding to stop with pitocin and another drug that help to form clots and make the uterus contract.I was able to convince my doctor to let me go home late that afternoon.

When I saw my doctor the next day he told me to wait 3 cycles to get pregnant again. I told him I wanted a baby and I didnt need that time to grieve and I asked him when physical can I start trying again. He finally gave in and said after I have a period. Well I had a period Mach 30 and after that we did the sperm meets egg plan and 11 dpo I got a BFP test! Again I was shocked! I called the doctors office to make an appointment and the nurse said I need to come in like the next week. I went in at 5 w 2d and was prescribed progesterone to help prevent a miscarriage. My doctor said he gives it to all women who have had a miscarriage.

I had an ultrasound at 7w 2d and everything is perfectly healthy! We even saw the heart
beating! I am now 8w 4d and so far so good!

I think what Im going to do for this is post my weekly entries from the opendiary.com account that way yall can read them if you want to. I started it before I knew I was pregnant so I have from 4 weeks - 8 weeks so far.

May 28th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
4 weeks

Your baby -- now officially an embryo -- is about the size of a poppy seed.

So Im four weeks pregnant today. I'm still in shock and I feel like I'm going to wake up soon and my husbands going to be like umm you weren't pregnant and then Ill run into the bathroom and take a pregnancy test and it will come up not pregnant. Thankfully that hasn't happened! Instead my husband is just so excited.

I'm already starting to feel nauseous and it doesn't help that I have a little cold and keep coughing. My boobs are super sore and feel full. I'm tired but not too tired yet. And I'm hungry a lot.

The Chinese calendar I looked at last night said its a boy but we will see. I'm really praying for a girl but Ill love a boy just the same. I just think two little girls would be fun. Ryan really would like a girl but I think that's because he already has a girl. I think he would in the end love to have a little boy. I cant wait to find out because I want to fill that empty room in our house with baby stuff!

I'm still a little worried about this pregnancy not sticking. I'm worried it will end like last time. But I honestly have a different feeling about this pregnancy. I don't know if the feeling means anything other than I'm getting what I want or if I'm just crazy (which is debatable). I'm trying to be positive and act as if this is going to work and we are getting a baby soon. I don't want to worry for no reason. If this doesn't end well there is nothing I can do about it and so there is no need to worry about that.

I plan to call the doctor tomorrow and set up an appointment. I don't know if he will want to see me early or not. My guess would be he wouldn't. So I figure I will see him around 7 -8 weeks and I'm going to request a vaginal ultrasound. Just to put my mind at easy and know that its not a blighted ovum and that indeed there is a baby in there.

We ended up telling Ryan's mom yesterday. We wanted to wait till mothers day but with me already feeling sick I just don't think I could hide the pregnancy for that long. I did make the picture frame with the poem in it and we gave it to her and told her it was an early mothers day gift. She was completely surprised. I am going today to tell my parents. I hope they are just as surprised but I know they may be guarded. My mother has had miscarriages and so I think she will be happy and everything but not like Ryan's mom, who never had a miscarriage.

5 weeks

Your baby has grown to the size of a sesame seed, looking more like a tiny tadpole than a human.

Well I'm 5 weeks pregnant today! Gosh it feels like I've been pregnant forever but I guess that is due to the miscarriage. I found out I was pregnant for the last baby around Jan 4(at 4wks 5days) and had my D&C Feb 26 (at 12wks 2days) and then found out I'm pregnant again April 23 (9wks after the D&C) and now I'm only 5 wks pregnant. So it feels like I've been pregnant forever.

I've been having a lot of nausea lately. Its at all times of the day and it comes in waves. It is better when I eat small meals very often. And of course crackers and sprite. No actual vomiting yet though(knocks on wood). I've also been having some cravings already. Right now I'm into salty things and meat. My friend thinks its a boy because of the salt cravings. We will just have to wait and see. My boob are sore but not as much as they were last pregnancy. Its manly my nipples that are sore or when I get up in the morning my boobs are super sore because I've been laying on them. And I've been super tired lately. I just slept 10 hours last night and right now I feel like I could take a nap. Its crazy. But of course I cant nap because Blair doesn't nap and it would be bad of me to nap while she is running around the house doing god knows what. I've also been peeing a lot lately and I've been very irritable.

I'm still not exactly sure when my due date is. I keep getting Jan 4 and Jan 3. I've also gotten Jan 6. Different websites say different things. None of it really means anything. With Blair my original due date was July 13 and then after the first ultrasound it was July 15 and then the last two ultrasounds it was July 2. I had her on June 29. So who knows? I think Ill just go with the ticker below until the first ultrasound.

I have an appointment on Tuesday. I'm excited I guess. One of my best friends (who is also pregnant and is 27wks) will be at the doctors office for her extended glucose testing. Not sure what it is called but she didn't score to well on her first one so she has to do another one and then they will let her know if she has gestational diabetes or not. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing her more than the appointment. I haven't a clue what they are going to do at this appointment. All I can think of is the doctor will come in and talk to me and then I will go have blood work done. And I'm sure we will schedule an ultrasound.

That is it for now!

May 28th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
6 weeks

Your baby is as long as a lentil (about 1/4 inch).

I am 6 weeks. I'm still nauseous and I'm still super tired. I haven't thrown up yet but I've come close. I'm trying to make sure I eat small meals 6 times a day because that really helps with the nausea. The longer I wait to eat the worse it gets. As far as the "being tired all the time" I don't think there is anything that can be done about that. I try and get as much sleep as I can and I try not to push myself to far without resting in between. I'm also extremely bloated. I woke up this morning and I'm so bloated its ridiculous. Hopefully that goes away soon. I hate that bloated feeling. I'm so proud of myself because I'm remembering to take my prenatal every day plus my progesterone. The progesterone is making me extra weepy and extra irritable. And its annoying but its not unbearable.

7 weeks

Your baby, having doubled in size since last week, is as big as a blueberry(about 1/2 inch in length).

So I'm 7 weeks pregnant today. I'm Still sick and I've been throwing up here and there but its not to bad. Food doesn't seem to appetizing right now but I try and eat because the longer I wait to eat the worse it gets. Its really bad when I take my prenatal and progesterone at night but I'm so tired I fall asleep shortly after. I've been so tired this time around it makes everything so hard. I have to force myself to do chores and get out of bed. My boobs started hurting really bad two days ago. I can barely stand to take my bra on and off and don't even mention showers, I had to switch to the bath tub due to the water pelting down so hard it hurts to bad. I also have a lot of congestion and dried blood in my nose. I get that with every pregnancy. Oh and I cant remember if I had this with Blair but I didn't last time but (TMI TMI TMI) Im having a lot of discharge. Nothing brown, pink or red just the egg white stuff like before ovulation.(TMI is over) So glad I only have like 5 more weeks until these symptoms let up!

My first ultra sound is tomorrow. Im excited but at the same time Im nervous as hell. Good thing I have lots to do today that I will hardly even think about it (yea right). Maybe time will fly fast. I have a good feeling though about this pregnancy. I just hope my feelings are real and not wishful.

May 28th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
8 weeks

Your baby -- now comparable to the size of a kidney bean (just over 1/2 inch long) -- is constantly moving and shifting.

Im 8 weeks today!YAY! I still have the morning sickness. Its getting worse. I don't know how much longer I will be able to just work through the nausea. I try and eat but Im just not hungry or I'm not hungry for what we are eating. Im so tired lately that I feel like Im walking through a daze. Its hard to rest when my 3 year old is running around the house like a crazy banshee ha. Im also so bloated only my fat clothes fit. In 2 weeks I will allow myself to wear my maternity clothes. Im very gassy too. But I guess this is pregnancy!

Blair keeps saying that the baby is a girl. Ryan wants it to be another girl. Both our Moms want a boy and our Fathers could care less ha. I would love another girl but I think its a boy. I want to do that intelligender thing, but the website said that you couldn't do it while on progesterone and you would have to have stooped taking it for 10 days before trying the test. If the doctor takes me off the progesterone Ill try it just for fun.

If its a girl I think we will be naming her Maggie Lucille. If its a boy I really like Evan but I don't know. I want to use Raymond as a middle name if its a boy. That my grandfathers name who passed in July 2006. Lucille is Ryan's grandmothers name who passed in Aug 2005. We always have a hard time with boy names.

But that pretty much it when it comes to the pregnancy right now!

May 30th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ER Visit and Spotting

Last night(May28 2009) after finishing a movie with Ryan and before going to bed I went to the bathroom to pee so that I might not have to pee 2 hrs after I had just gone to sleep. Well I immediately noticed my underwear were all bloody. I freaked, put on a pad and had Ryan rush me to labor and delivery at our birthing center. I got there and they were so busy. They didn't even have a room for me. But I had the waiting room all to myself so that was fine and dandy with me. As long as I was getting seen I was happy.

The nurse asked me a bunch of questions and then she went to call the on call doctor. While she talked to the doctor I went to the bathroom to check my pad. Nothing was on my pad but when I wiped there was pinkish red blood on the paper. I figured this was better than all the blood on the toilet paper so I washed my hands and left the bathroom.

When I got out the bathroom the doctor was on the phone and wanted to talk to me. He asked me some questions and I told him what had happened and how I was not only afraid of having a miscarriage but that when I had my D&C I bleed a lot and I was worried about bleeding to much at home. He understood my concern and reassured me that at this point I was no where near bleeding uncontrollably. He then asked me if I was having any pains or cramps. I wasn't having any problems at that time except for being nauseous. He told me that he thought I was just having some early pregnancy bleeding and that he felt it was most likely nothing. He told me that it would be 3-4 hours before they could get an ultrasound tech in do an ultrasound and if I wanted to wait he had no problem with that and he had no problem with admitting me if I felt the need to be. But that if I was his patient he would tell me to go home and rest and make an appointment in the office tomorrow to get an ultrasound. I asked him if it would be ok if I just hung around in early labor and deliver so that the nurse could kind of watch me for an hour and have her check my bleeding to see if it was ok. He said that was fine and he told the nurse to check me in an hour and call him if the bleeding got any worse.

The nurse checked me in an hour and I was just having spotting when I wiped. So she said it would be fine for me to go home but to come back if I was wetting more than 5 pads in an hour ( I find this excessive and would freak if my period did this) I told her I would come back in if I felt the bleeding was getting that bad. So we went home and even got home before midnight.

I called the doctors office right at like 8:03 am. I told the receptionist what was going on and that I needed an appointment today, preferably after noon so that my mother in law could watch Blair. ( by the way we didn't just leave her at home when we went to the hospital ha we had Ryan's mom come over and sit with her while she slept until we got back) She said she had an appointment at 1:30 pm and I took it. The wait was crazy. My bleeding was slowly going away. By the time I went to the bathroom before going to the doctors I had no blood or anything on the TP.

We got to the doctor's office and hardly had a wait at all. When he came in I told him about the bleeding and asked me what all they did at the hospital. He then said well I want to go ahead and do an ultrasound. We did an ultrasound and there was a perfectly formed 8 week old baby with a strong heartbeat. I was just so happy at that point!

After the ultrasound my doctor tells me that I have a threatened miscarriage and that I need to not have sex, not lift anything heavier than the remote to a gallon of milk, and to restrict my movement. He told me he would prefer me to only get up to pee and maybe get some food every once and awhile but since he knows I have a young child he said to just try my best. So basically bed rest or as close as I've ever been to any type of bed rest. Which sucks but Ill do anything at this point.

He asked me when my next appointment was and I told him next week and he said to just keep that appointment and we will check back over everything just to make me feel better. So I go back Tuesday.

We get back to my mother in laws to pick up Blair and eat dinner. When we get there I go to the bathroom to check the pad and I have a brown spot. I figure brown is better than pink or red. I figured it was stopping. (this will be TMI but its what happened and its just part of life don't read it if you don't want to) I then went to the bathroom to go number two ha. After I finished that I wiped and there was some pink spotting. Now Im back to reddish pink on my TP.

Im hoping this will pass and everything will be fine. Im trying to be optimistic without getting my hopes up. I want this baby more than anything. I don't know if I can handle another miscarriage. I just wish there was some way I could stop this from happening but there is not much I can do or control in this. Its just a waiting game right now.

May 31st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
9 weeks

Your baby has grown to the size of a grape, weighs a fraction of an ounce, and is almost 1 inch long.

So I'm 9 weeks pregnant today. I'm still having the morning sickness. Oddly enough it's not in the morning, its mainly in the evenings after I take my prenatal and my progesterone. I'm still tired as ever. I use to be a night owl but now I go to sleep by 9pm-9:30pm or sooner. And I don't get up any earlier I still get up around 8am-9am. So I'm sleeping like 10-12 hrs a night. And most of the time I can surely take a nap but most of the time I don't get to. Blair makes napping difficult but that's her job she is 3. My boobs are still sore but not as sore as they were a couple of weeks ago. It just depends on where you touch them I guess. I'm still bloated but when I went to the doctor on Friday I hadn't gained any weight yet. So YAY for that.

I'm still spotting its slowly tapering off. I see the doctor on Tuesday so we will go from there. Hopefully their will be a strong heartbeat still and the spotting will stop and I can go back to normal activity. I think even if I'm allowed back to normal activity I'm going to take it slow till the 2nd trimester. I actually don't have much longer to go in the 2nd trimester, only 3 more weeks.

I guess that is it as far as pregnancy goes. Just taken it day by day.

June 1st, 2009, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The spotting

I think the spotting is beginning to stop. Every once in awhile I will go to the bathroom and it will be there but not a lot at all. I wouldnt even notice it if I wasnt examining the toilet paper like a crazy person. But most of the time when I go there is nothing there. Which makes me so happy and a little bit more optimistic than yesterday.

I see the doctor tomorrow. Im praying to God like crazy that the baby is making it through this. Half the things I read on the internet are positive and the other half is negative. So its half and half chance I guess.

Our families have been so supportive during this. Especially my mother in law. She has come over and cleaned, did all the laundry, taken Blair for me so I can rest, and picked up all the little things I need from the store. Ryan has also been very sportive. He has gotten up with Blair in the middle of the night and taken her with him when he goes places instead of just leaving her with me. He has also been a great emotional support. Ryan is a very optimistic person. He always looks at the bright side of things. So in his mind everything is fine and there isnt even anything to worry about. This helps me from thinking negatively too and freaking out.

Ill update tomorrow after my doctor's appointment.

June 3rd, 2009, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Doctor's Appointment 6/2

So I had my doctor appointment today. The baby looked good. The little heart was beating and the doctor said it was about 145 beats per minute. Which is so low compared to what Blair was. She was always in the 160s. Maybe that means its a boy . Anyway the baby was doing great. I even saw him/she move around. It was too cool.

My spotting stopped yesterday after noon and hasn't come back. Its almost been about 24 hrs ago since I had any spotting. I hope it stays that way. The doctor said that I could slowly go back to my normal routine just no sex until the second trimester. He also wants to wait till my second trimester to do my pap. He said he feels good that this will be a successful pregnancy. He said the chance of miscarriage now is like 7-10%. Once I get to the second trimester it will be much much lower so that will be good. And I only have like 3 weeks left in the first trimester.

Well that's all for now I guess!

June 6th, 2009, 07:35 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, you and your DH are high school sweethearts, that's GREAT!!! SO glad your spotting stopped, and you got to see the little heartbeat!!! I posted this once before but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your siggy picture!!!! It's one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen! VERY CUTE!!! Can't wait to follow your journal!

June 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *BabyHopes16* View Post
Awww, you and your DH are high school sweethearts, that's GREAT!!! SO glad your spotting stopped, and you got to see the little heartbeat!!! I posted this once before but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your siggy picture!!!! It's one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen! VERY CUTE!!! Can't wait to follow your journal!
Thank you!

10 weeks

Your baby, now barely the size of a kumquat, weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. (Length: a little over 1 inch, head to bottom.)

Well 10 weeks today. Only 2 weeks left until the 2nd trimester. Still have the morning sickness and its showing no signs of letting up. Im tired but not as tired. Im hoping that will end soon. My boobs get sore but aren't sore all the time. I had some spotting last night and today. Last night was only once and it was very light and pink. Then today I've had a few time were there has been some brown on the TP. Its got me a little worried but Im trying not to worry too much. I haven't called the doctor yet because they cant really do anything and its not as bad as it was before. I will probably call the doctor tomorrow and talk with the nurse. Ill see if they want me to wait it out or come in.

But for right now Im taking it easy and trying to be positive!

June 21st, 2009, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
11 weeks

Your baby is now about as big as a fig. (Length: just over 1 1/2 inches, head
to bottom.)

I am 11 weeks pregnant. Almost finished with the 1st trimester. My morning sickness is starting to fade. I still have moments where I feel like Im going to barf but it passes. Its better than all day sickness like I was having. My boobs are still super sore but Im not nearly as tired as I was. I feel like Im finally getting some energy back. I cant wait to feel normal again!

As for my spotting it stopped on Tuesday, June 9th. So almost a week ago. It was never really a lot of blood so Im optimistic. Bed rest is kicking my but though. I am hoping to god that the doctor will let me off on my next appointment!

My next appointment is June 30th. I'll be 13 weeks 2 days then. We should be able to hear the heart beat with the doppler by then. Im hoping he will still do an ultrasound though.

I guess that is all for 11 weeks!

12 weeks

Your baby is, by this time, the size of a lime and weighs 1/2 ounce. (Length: just over 2 inches, head to bottom.)

So today I am 12 weeks pregnant! My morning sickness is pretty much gone. I still get a little nauseous when I forget to eat or something. My boobs are still a little sore but not nearly as much as they were. And Im still tired but now Im having problems falling asleep and staying asleep. Very weird and frustrating. I am hoping some of my other symptoms disappear soon. Like the acne! Ugh I swear it is worse than when I was in high school. I cant wear make up without breaking out everywhere. And my pores are HUGE right now. I don't know what the deal is, but it need to stop! My hair looks great though! Pregnancy has always made my hair look amazing and grow like crazy. I am planning to grow it out and then cut it short right before the baby is born. Im going to donate it. I've done it before and always feel super great about myself when I do.

My next appointment is June 30th. 9 days from now! I cant wait. I hope we can find the heart beat with the doppler when we go. I've only seen the heart beat, I haven't gotten to hear it yet. So Im looking forward to that. I also think he will let me return to normal activity since I've had no bleeding since June 8th. At least I hope he lets me return to normal activity. I don't think I can take much more of this staying in bed crap! He also said we would talk about getting of the progesterone at this appointment. I hope he takes me off of them. I really really hate the way they make me feel. And that should be it for that appointment.

After the next appointment Ill be making my appointment for the BIG ultrasound!!!! The way it falls(4 weeks from June 30th) Ill be 17 weeks 1 day. So July 27th should be the day! Ill make a ticker once I know for sure that will be the day. I hope 17 weeks isn't too soon to find out the gender. We have invited our parents and of course Blair to come with us to find out the gender. Both our moms and my dad want a boy, Ryan's dad could care less what the baby is but I think he secretly would like a girl. Ryan wants another girl so badly it crazy. He has always wanted girls though and has never desired to have a son. But I think he would be pleasantly surprised with a father son relationship. Blair says its a girl and she is getting a sister. And she wont budge from this. Not sure what Im going to tell her if its a boy. I really don't care what the baby is. I just want to know. But I really do think its a boy. Id say 85% sure its a boy and 15% its a girl. Maybe Ill be surprised!

Well I guess that is it for 12 weeks! Bring on the 2nd trimester

July 30th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont have time to post here and post on my online diary anymore .... soooo I will give yall a link to the diary. Its open to the public so you dont need a password or anything like that. I will post here when I make updates.

http://www.opendiary.com/entrylist.a...3392&mode=date

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search