RachelC's Pregnancy Journal

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2009, 03:17 PM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
My name is Rachel (26), wife to Patrick (31) and mommy to Leah (6) and Logan (2). We live in the burbs of Chicago. I work full time as a Project Manager for a beauty care company and plan on continuing to do so after the baby is born.

I am currently 8w1d pregnant and just going along for the ride at the moment. I've had two previous losses, one due to ectopic and one due to m/c resulting in a D&C around 8w. So I guess this makes me pregnant for the 5th time!

DH and I have been lucky with conception - all of my pregnancies were conceived on first cycle of NTNP. I guess together we are very fertile people.

This baby was very unexpected... conceived on Mother's Day due to BC failure (aka the condom broke). So here we are. It's crazy to think about having a third but very exciting! We are thinking pink for some reason... just a feeling right now, but will be happy with whatever we get, just hoping for a healthy baby and mama at the end of it all!

So far I've been pretty much experiencing all of the typical pregnancy symptoms including but not limited to fatigue, nausea, sore BBs, headaches and just about everything else you can imagine. The M/S is killing me right now, especially having to work full time.

Anyway... this is my first journal post and will hopefully update every couple days!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

June 22nd, 2009, 02:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have almost the same due date Welcome and congrats.
Mine is still set on January 31st but I measured a few days ahead when I had my u/s last week.

I hope you have a great and healthy 9 months!
July 16th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Well, so much for my "every couple of days" updating. I kinda forget this was here.

So... as of today, I am 11w5d pregnant. Still nauseous, still exhausted. I guess the nausea is subsiding a bit though, so that's good. I could handle the nausea if I were home and able to lay down for a minute until it passed, but unfortunately I am stuck at work, and half the time it hits me in the middle of conducting a meeting, and it's just really starting to take a toll on me! I always carry a carbonated beverage with me to meetings now because it really seems to be one of the only things lately that settles my tummy for a minute.

I had my first doc appointment around 8w4d and it went good. Nothing too much to report there. She did an U/S in the room and I got to see the little heartbeat which was reassuring considering it was right about the time I had my loss. I had my pap, which was normal. My next appointment is Monday, and I'll be getting all of my bloodwork done at this appointment. I am a hypochondriac and I always get paranoid about bloodwork but I know it must be done... *sigh*

I am getting a little anxious to find out about my antibody issue as well. I have anti-E which is very hard to explain but I'll try to do my best. It is very similiar to rh-/+ issues only there is no shot to fix this. Basically after I gave birth to my son, our blood mixed and was not compatible due to this E antigen, so now my body will look at this antigen as a foreign intruder if it comes across it again. Which means if this baby has this antigen in it's blood, my body could attack it causing anemia and other potential issues to the baby. It is something my doctor will monitor closely throughout my pregnancy. Kristen, sweet*life here on JM, is having the same issue and she's done a lot of explaining on it as well in her posts. It is pretty rare, so I find it pretty darn amazing to have "met" someone going through the same exact thing in the same DDC as me. It will be nice to have someone to relate to through this whole thing. I am just praying that it doesn't pose any issues period!

Other then that, I'm just trucking along and trying to go with the flow as much as possible! All of our families are in the know, and I finally told my boss today. I feel relieved that it's out in the open now!

Oh, and NT scan is scheduled for next wednesday as well... I will be sure to update after that as well!

July 21st, 2009, 04:59 AM
Doc appointment yesterday - so far, so good. B/P is normal - 118/72. Lost three pounds (no surprise there) and my urine was negative for whatever they check it for. I had all my blood drawn yesterday and now I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for the results. Of course, all the bad stuff goes through my head over any good stuff. I really hope they call me today with results... usually they get them pretty quickly since they have lab services on site. I just want to know if everything is OK. I did get to see a quickie peek of the baby yesterday... doc was trying to find the h/b and couldn't so he wheeled in the U/S machine. She/he was just bouncing around in there! So, that was kinda neat.

July 22nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
I had my NT scan this morning and it was soooooo neat. I got to see my little bebe jumping and bouncing around. She/he is sooo cute! I just can't believe how much of a little person it is already. Everything looked good on the U/S - the neck measurement is 1.3mm and there is definitely a nasal bone present. The heartbeat was 156 BPM. They took some blood and that I guess along with the U/S results will determine my risk factor for any chromosonal abnormalties, but both the tech and the genetic counselor (they require you to meet with one after the test) said that chances of a problem look to be pretty low. Here is a pic of my cutie at 12w5d!

As I was pulling out of the parking lot, my phone rang and it was my doc office calling and of course my heart started pumping. The nurse said that all my bloodwork came back normal, so that is a relief. I don't know why I stress myself out so much over the results, but for some reason I manage to do it every anyone takes blood from me. She said the E antibody is present but unfortunately the doc hasn't looked at the titer results yet so she couldn't give them to me. But she said she will send him a message (he is off today) so he can view them (from home hopefully) and release the results. She said once they are released, she will call me back with the results. I am praying that the titers are low (and stay that way)!

Last edited by RachelC; July 22nd, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
July 23rd, 2009, 08:29 AM
The doc sent me a message last night about my anti-E titers... he said that they are low and insignificant and we will continue to monitor. That is great news! Of course, I want to know what the actual titers are, so I emailed him back asking for them, no response yet but I'm sure he'll get back to me at some point today.

I have to say, I really love this online chart system my doctor uses. It is so convenient and saves a lot of time and phone calls. They post all your lab results, you can email your doc or nurse with questions, you can ask for prescription refills and schedule appointments, all online. I love it!

July 27th, 2009, 12:49 PM
My titer level is 1:1 which is the lowest they could possibly be, so YAY for that!

I will probably get my NT bloodwork results back sometime this week. I also agreed to be a part of a study that tests thyroid function during pregnancy. They took a vial of blood from me and said I should hear from them in the next two weeks. If my levels are normal, there is nothing further for me to do.

I am feeling pretty darn good the past couple days. 13w2d today! I am officially in my 2nd trimester. I feel so far behind everyone else because I'm due at the end of the month. I am jealous of all the 15, 16, 17 week tickers!

August 1st, 2009, 07:01 AM
I just got a call from my doctor's office regarding my NT scan blood results.

My chances of having a baby with Down Syndrome is 1:4000 (based on age/race alone my chance was 1:1500) and my chance of having a baby with Trisomy 18/21 is 1:10,000. Awesome results! I am so happy!

My next appointment is August 10th. I will be 16 weeks which is crazy. Almost time to have the anatomy scan!

Last edited by RachelC; August 11th, 2009 at 11:35 AM.
August 11th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I had my doc appointment yesterday. All went good!

Baby sounds great... heartbeat is in the 150s! My B/P was 128/72. No protein in my urine. I have gained a pound since my last visit but still down three from the start of this pregnancy so I feel OK about that. They took some blood for the AFP test which I was going to decline but decided to take at the last minute.

I have scheduled my BIG U/S for September 11th which seems SO far away! I tried to get it closer to 18 weeks but the lady scheduling the appointment kept saying between 20-22 weeks. I found out with both DD and DS at the 18 week mark, so I have no idea why suddenly it's a big deal but whatev. I don't know if I could wait another month to find out what's going on in there!! I asked DH if we could pay for a gender determination U/S ($60) and he said we could do whatever I want. So I think that I am going to try to schedule it for next weekend. It's just a 5 minute quickie scan to tell the gender and that's it. We'll see. Maybe I'll just wait it out! I dunno!

August 13th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Wellllll... I got lucky and was able to move my U/S to August 31st! I just called and asked if I can come in sooner and the lady (a different one) was very accomodating. So that is exciting news! 18 more days and I will get to see my little one again!

My AFP results came back normal too

I am a little stressed thinking about the next few days. Logan turns three this weekend and we're having his birthday party at the house on Saturday. Sunday is my uncle's dedication. Monday is Leah's first girlscout meeting and I have another doc appointment. Tuesday is Leah's teacher meet and greet at school and Wednesday is her first official day of school. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed with everything! Need to de-stress somehow... maybe a nice massage, or facial?

September 23rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
I've been terrible about updating!

So where to start. First and foremost, we found out on August 31st that we're having a baby GIRL! We are thrilled! Especially Leah The U/S looked great but we were told that we were being referred for a level 2 U/S due to the fact that baby girl had something called an Echogenic Focus on her heart. Basically it's a white spot that shows up on the U/S, a calcium deposit, and it's completely harmless, but it is considered a soft marker for downs. Of course, I was worried in my normal worry wart fashion, but in my heart I knew she was just fine.

I had my level 2 U/S on 9/11 with the perinatologist. He was very nice! He explained things to us a little more thoroughly and reassured me that everything was a-OK with our baby. Basically, this EIF increases the baby's risk for downs 1% which is a very small risk. I declined the amnio based on the doc's recommendation. Now we just hope for a happy and healthy remaining 4 months, and a healthy baby!

I had a routine OB visit today as well. I am majorly thrilled to report that I've only gained one pound since my last visit, which means I'm still down overall one pound since the beginning of this pregnancy. I seem to be on a totally different track with my weight gain this time around which I'm very happy about. By this time with Logan, I had already gained nearly 20 pounds.

My B/P was normal (didn't get the specifics this time, nurse just said it was normal), no protein in my urine, baby was being a stinker and kept running away from the doppler. We heard it but every time we'd start getting a good listen, she'd move away. I feel her kicking away right now so it's enough reassurance that she's content in there!

I had to get my titers drawn today at the lab in the hospital which was a pain the arse. The nurse said they didn't have the right tubes for the test I needed so she sent me out. So, yeah. I had Logan with me so I was already tired from chasing him around the office. He acts so unruly in public places. So my original plan to go to work after my appointment backfired since I didn't leave the lab until 1:00. What's the point of going to work for three hours? No point! So I'm sitting here at home right now.

My arm is feeling a bit sore from the flu shot.... but at least I got that out of the way. Now I need to go and take the kids for their shots. Pat gets his at work so I don't need to worry about him

Last edited by RachelC; September 23rd, 2009 at 11:59 AM.
November 6th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Had my 28 week checkup on Wednesday. Everything is going great. This pregnancy is so similiar to my pregnancy with Leah, it's uncanny. Very easy going and laid back, just the way I like it

So far, so good. I actually lost 2 lbs. I have no idea how that happened. My appetite has been good but I get full so quickly now. I think that has a lot to do with it. I very rarely eat a full meal because I have no room left in my belly. Anyway, my doc wasn't concerned at all. I have extra weight that I need to get rid of anyway. This means I am down a total of 4 lbs overall since my 1st visit. Weird. We did a quick U/S since we were in the U/S room for the exam and everything looked great. No specifics on the baby's weight or anything, but I am measuring right on track. She is head up right now but the doc said she still has plenty of time to turn... (hopefully). My antibody titers have been very low this whole pregnancy as well. Had my glucose test and passed (with flying colors, according to the nurse who called today) so very happy about that! My number was 117 and they are looking for anything less then 140. I was worried because I ate a huge baked potato like a 1/2 hour before my appointment because I forgot I was getting the test done. Oops! What else, what else. B/P was fine and pee was normal.

Doc started me on Tamiflu since DD came down with H1N1. Hoping that it works! I have a cough but I feel okay, so I am praying that it's just a fluke and nothing else. DD is running a low grade fever still but is feeling much, much better. The pediatrician said usually the fever lasts 3-4 days with this, so hopefully tomorrow (her birthday, poor thing) she is back to her normal self. Logan is doing great. We aren't 100% sure whether or not he had the flu too, he got sick first but his symptoms were totally different (more upper respiratory). I hope, hope, hope that if he didn't have the flu, he doesn't end up catching it. Fingers crossed on that one.

Other then that, things have been good. Can't believe I am in the home stretch now! We still have some things to do but we are getting close to being done with our shopping. We have the big stuff - nursery furniture, bedding, travel system, swing, bassinet, high chair. Still need to get the smaller stuff... and figure out the whole breastfeeding thing. I am a first timer on that front! My cousin is supposedly giving me a pump which will come in handy. I need all my b/f'ing supplies still though. And I want to take a class so I'm not completely clueless. My hospital offers b/f'ing classes so I will probably sign up for the one next month.

Speaking of hospitals, I just saw that our hospital has changed their policy...

To ensure a safe environment for all of our patients and care providers, our Infection Control Department has implemented the following precautions beginning Wednesday, October 28, 2009:

Visitors under 21 years of age, other than the father of a baby, will not be allowed to enter the Women’s Hospital at Evanston Hospital (EH) or the Birthing Center at Highland Park Hospital (HPH).

Only parents are allowed in the Infant Special Care Unit (ISCU) at Evanston Hospital and the Level II Nursery at Highland Park Hospital.

Changes in the visitor policy above will only last as long as H1N1 is very prevalent in children and adolescents in the community.

Bummed about that, but understand

November 27th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Things are going good!

Had my "32 week" checkup on Wednesday and it went really well. My doctor told me that the rest of my bloodwork is great as well, no anemia or any other issues. I was a bit concerned that with my recent fatigue that I may have low iron but nope, just gestating (as she put it). I have still yet to gain a single pound, was a little concerned with that as well but doc reassured me that I am measuring perfect and baby is growing as she should be. She said not to worry about it at all, so I'm not. My B/P was great, pee was fine, baby's heartbeat sounds good. No complaints!!

Oh, and I finally got my H1N1 vax! I hadn't even been thinking about it since the kids came down with it already, so needless to say, I was bit surprised to find out the doc office got in their shipment. Didn't hurt, my arm feels fine today and two days later, I'm still here so hopefully no ill effect.

Thanksgiving was really nice. I was so stuffed after eating all that food. I intentionally didn't eat all day to save precious tummy space for our feast though. Tummy space is hard to come by these days. I feel so hungry all the time but then I go to eat and I fill up after only a couple bites. We went to my BIL's house for a couple hours, then off to my aunt's for dinner. Pat made a pumpkin cheesecake and I made a green bean casserole. Both were delish if I do say so myself

I am ridiculously stuffed up right now. My sinuses are going nuts. I hate this feeling. I bought a neti pot yesterday and have been using it, it helps for like 20 minutes and then I get right back to being stuffy which sucks. I feel like I am constantly getting colds... 1 week on, 1 week off, 1 week on, 1 week off. These kids are like walking germ factories, I tell you. Between daycare and school, I'm pretty sure that we've caught every bug floating around out there at this moment. All of us except for DH, of course. He is the ones who seems to bypass all the sicknesses in our house. I don't get it. BLAH.

Oh, yes! I think we may have thought of a name as well. It's not set in stone yet... but DH and I both agree it's pretty. So drumroll please....

Lyla Noelle

What do you think? Leah, Logan and Lyla.

Last edited by RachelC; November 27th, 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search