need your ideas/opinions on some things..

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
**UPDATED**This post was originally for Silvera, our mommy guide, but since a couple of the other girls made suggestions, I thought I'd edit the title so that everyone sees it and adds to the conversation. Please add your thoughts, ideas, and opinions? Guess we'll take it from there. Thanks ladies!!

Ok so I'm gonna explain and I hope it makes sense...lol!

I noticed the sub-forums in March'10 ddc, where one is for belly pics and the other is for ultrasound pics. I like how these sub-forums allow for each of us to have our own thread! I would also like one for prenatal appts and important dates, so that we can all easily access one another's upcoming events.

My questions are...
1. Can the sub-forums be made now and then renamed later?... Because it's so early I don't want to vote on names. I'd like to give future members the opportunity to get in on the voting.

2. If you can create them now, can you make sure the sub-forums state that each mom-to-be start there own thread, and either edit their thread, or reply to their thread, to add new info?... It would definitely make things neat and easy!

Sorry if I'm a pain, already! I'm bored and obsessing very early this pregnancy! And thanks, again, for helping us out!!!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

Last edited by goingfor4; July 24th, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
July 24th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know you didn't ask me, but this has been my experience in the past. As far as prenatal appts etc, you can just get a thread sticked so it will stay at the top. I think you can have 6 or 7 "stickies." I think the subforums are more for pictures, tmi, etc.

Hope you don't mind me sharing. I'm down for whatver subforums you would like to make!
July 24th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
No prob hun! I appreciate the info. It's been so slow that I'm bored outta my mind and over think things. Due dates as a sticky is fine with me....I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to run the ddc, just throwing some ideas out there. If anyone else has better ideas, more info, or suggestions, please speak up. I am not at all offended! It would be nice to see everyone get into setting up our new ddc!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 24th, 2009, 06:04 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I was thinking the same things today!! I think 1 subforum for all belly pics and u/s pics is good. Everyone could have their own thread to update. I also like the pregnancy journals where we can all keep track of our pregnancies. Eventually maybe we could add something with a password if we feel the need to have a 'secret' place
July 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
How do we do the pregnancy journals? Sounds interesting!! Keep in mind...It's been two years since I've been on a ddc board (not here), and I joined after the board was established already, and I've only been a member of JM since July 9th (the day we started ttc. hehe) So i am not up on all of the new things being done and all of the things JM has to offer. So thank you both so much for helping out!

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 24th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
mylene169--- Have you seen the sub-forums on the March 2010 ddc? Cause now I was kinda thinking of having one for bellies and u/s together, and one for doc appts and any other special dates related to our pregnancies. I know we can do a sticky for due dates, but a think a sub-forum would be cool cause 1. we will have lots of changing appts. and 2. it will be easier for us to check up on each others appt dates, to compare and stuff. Just a thought and the reasoning behind it.

What are you thoughts on my reasoning? Do they suck? lol! We can also have a vote, once we get a few more ladies.

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 24th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It all sounds good to me!
July 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM
A pregnancy journal is a thread where we can each document our progress, symptoms, etc. Anything you want about your pregnancy so you can remember it. Like the first time you feel your baby move and that kind of thing. It's been 2 years since I was in a DDC too and it also wasn't on JM! I found my PR when Kaija was 2 months old.

I haven't looked at the March DDC sub-forums yet, but I'll check them out. The Nov. 09 DDC has a subforum for Due Date Buddies and each day has it's own thread. I kind of like that idea. So you don't just have 1 DDB, you have a bunch that are all due the same day. The only thing I didn't like about that idea is when only 1 person ends up due on a day.

I'll check out some other DDC's and see what they've got going on...
July 24th, 2009, 10:04 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been a member here since I was about 4 months along with my oldest, so I've been through this a couple of times. I think you all have excellent suggestions, but would like to add one thing. I have found it is better to do a due date buddy with someone whose due date isn't the same as yours because you will have a better chance of not being in the hospital at the same time. Didn't work out for me last time though, because even though I had DD a month early, my DDbuddy went in a couple hours after me and had her son a couple weeks early on the same day. Anyway, just thought I might throw that out there for you guys.

July 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am just gonna run with whatever is decided. I'm not too good at stuff like that, but I'm so glad that you other ladies are diving into getting the board going!

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

July 25th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
1. Can the sub-forums be made now and then renamed later?... Because it's so early I don't want to vote on names. I'd like to give future members the opportunity to get in on the voting.

Yes, subforums can be renamed. So you can agree on a working title for them now and then have a bigger vote on it when all your members are here, because of course they won't all be here yet!

You might need to talk among yourselves and work out what you'd like as subforums and what you'd like as stickies. They both have their merits. Things like lists of due dates and due date buddies tend to work well as a sticky as it's one fixed list. Things where you need a thread per member, like pregnancy journals and pics, can work better as a subforum - as long as it's used.

goingfor4, you might want to set up a poll for people to vote as to whether or not they would use such subforums or something.

By the way, I don't think anyone will think you're trying to "run the DDC" or anything like that! Every group needs good leaders. Most boards have 3 or 4 leader members, rather than just the 2 hosts. You need ideas people!! And sometimes there can be so much going on you can find something for 5 or 6 people to be in charge of - board chat, cyber showers, due date buddies, etc, etc...!

I agree about the due date buddies. In my DDC (long, long ago lol) they made them for people who were due around the same date and that never worked out. You might also wanna go by country thinking about your phone/text bills!

2. If you can create them now, can you make sure the sub-forums state that each mom-to-be start there own thread, and either edit their thread, or reply to their thread, to add new info?... It would definitely make things neat and easy!

Once the subforum is up, you could post a thread inside it explaining any rules or guidelines of that subforum and what it's intended for, and put something in the subject line to say "read this post first" or something like that. Then I can get it stickied for you. If you keep it fairly clear of stickies apart from that, it will easily stand out to new members.

On the technical side of things...

Stickies

Whoever is in charge of that particular sticky can just post up the thread they want and ask me to get it stickied. I then go to the hosts forum and request it for you.

Remember, you can only have 6 stickies, so think carefully about what you want up there! Having some things as subforums will help with that!

Subforums

These get added from scratch, so you'll need to decide among yourselves what subforums you'd like, and then pm me or give me a shout on here with the exact title (and subtext if you'd like) and I'll go and request it for you.

Hope this helps!

July 25th, 2009, 04:55 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You all have such great ideas. This stuff is way over my head

July 25th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Awesome Silvera!!! Thank you so much for your input! We will iron out a few things and then request our needs from you.

Mylene---I like the journal idea!!! Only when you're feeling better....Because I'm a lil slow, lol, can you tell me where I go to start a journal? Is there a special place where journals can be created? And then do we post a link in our siggies, or wherever we decide on, kinda like you girls who were ttc did with you charts? Thanks for the info!

AmyT---Great idea with the due date buddies! I already picked my buddy, and she has the same due date, but we can always ask someone with a later due date, to back us up. But for the other girls, it's good to know now! lol!

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 25th, 2009, 08:02 AM
The journal would just be a thread you start and keep adding to. Nothing special or posted any place else. Other people can see it and add comments, etc.
July 25th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Sounds good to me! I actually just saw some on the Nov 09 board. I didn't read them, but just looked to see how they were set up. I love the idea!!!

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search