Starter for 10 GTKY questions!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Just to help you girls get to know each other!

1. What's your name IRL?

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names?

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name?

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do?

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)?

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby?

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet?

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it?

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy?

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work?

July 26th, 2009, 02:39 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace

1. What's your name IRL? Lauren Elizabeth

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? This is our first baby!

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name?My husband, David, and I will have our third anniversary in December.

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? I recently quit my teaching job so I'll be a WAHM (Tutoring and teaching piano)

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I've been around for a little while in the Trying to Conceive Your First Child and the Am I Pregnant Boards
6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? I'm just hoping for a healthy baby

David Jackson/David Carter for a boy and Riley Grace for a girl

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? I bought one outfit that was on sale for under $2. Silly, I know, but it was too cute and too cheap to pass up! We also have a crib that was passed to us from my cousin... we don't plan on using it unless we have two babies in cribs.

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? I'm anxious because I have absolutely no idea what to expect! This is my first pregnancy and I just want everything to go smoothly!

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? I love reading, blogging, anything to do with my church, and scrapbooking.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!

Last edited by lauriebeth; July 26th, 2009 at 02:42 PM.
July 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What's your name IRL? Lisa Brun (We are french candians, so in english brun = brown )

This is our first!

Marc and I have been together for ten yrs and have celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary on July 4th.

I teach Biology, Chemistry and Physics in grades 11 and 12.

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)?
I was very active on TTC 6 months +

We don't really care as long as it's healthy, but I think we would rather have a girl...but we really don't mind either way!

No, we are very picky and we've never actually found a french name yet that we both agree on strongly. It's going to be a difficult process for us!

Nope, I refused to buy anything becasue I didn't want to be jinxed and then have to sad reminders if we never did conceive...but my Mom has a huge stash full of stuff! She can't wait to be a grandma!

No, I just hope it goes well. I don't really know what to expect...I just hope I don't have horrible nausea...and I'm very scared of hemoroids and I hope I never get any! (sorry, TMI maybe!)

I love to cross-stitch (I am currently working on an afghan for our friends' little girl who will turn 1 in september) and I love to work on our house. Last week I put in laminate flooring in our living room, mostly by myself since DH was working. Now I need to get moving on sewing new drapes for our living room!

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz0MP7ZFjAy

July 26th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
1. What's your name IRL? Karen

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? This will be my 4th, SO's 3rd...Fabian 11yo, Sotiria (nini) will be 3 in Oct, Nikolaos will be 2 on Aug 28th.

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? S/O is George (33)

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? SAHM

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? Only been on for two weeks, mostly on the ttc and aip boards. Also introduced myself on "ttc large family", the board for moms with children on the Autism Spectrum, and closely spaced siblings. I've been busy the last two weeks! lol!

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? Girl, but ok with either, cause we have one of each already. (well two boys and one girl)

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? Girl--named after my late mother, Katherina (her name was Kathleen, but we will be using the Greek version) and if a boy--haven't decide yet.

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? No...just gave EVERYTHING away! AHHHHH!! lol

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? Worried about multiples, got a lot on my hands as it is. (wouldn't be mad, just scared) And this will be my first pregnancy and baby without my mom around. VERY scared about that. More than I let on to most people. And I dread the comments about having another baby!!

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? I enjoy cooking, love spending time with my kids (but also appreciate a break), I love helping people in any way I can, and I love decorating and shopping (though I don't get to do either, very much).
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 26th, 2009, 07:13 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
1. What's your name IRL? Mylene

Kaija Jane is 18 months old! (Wow! She's darn near 19 months old!!)

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? My DH is Dean and he's 26.

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? I work full-time outside the home. I am an Assistant Store Manager for a specialty retailer.

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? You could say I've been around You can find me mostly in the Jan. 08 PR and occasionally in Working Mommies.

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? If I'm honest, a boy. A girl would be just fine also. But we won't be finding out gender this time so I'm going with healthy

Aaron Jack for a boy after my grandpa and DH's uncle. Kolbie (?) Elizabeth for a girl. Though I'm totally not sold on Kolbie.

I still have EV.ER.Y.THING. from Kaija. So if this baby is a girl we're in good shape. A boy might be in pink for a little while!

My main fear is losing the baby again. One m/c really kind of ruins the fun of the first few weeks.

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? I don't have much time for anything other than work and home. We like to play outside and work on our house mostly. I try to read when I can.
July 26th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was nice reading about all of you!

1. What's your name IRL? Carrie

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? This is my second pregnancy. DS is Carter, 20 months (Nov. 07)

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? DH is Jordan in case you didn't already figure that out.

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? I work part time, 3 days a week. I'm a hairdresser.

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I've been here since I was a few weeks pregnant with Carter. I'm most active in the Nov. 07 playroom, but also am occasionally on the scrapbooking boards, and have been in TTC the last few weeks.

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? We used the Shettles method for a girl, but we would be thrilled with either sex. A healthy baby is perfect!

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? None what-so-ever.

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? We saved EVERYTHING. DH has been annoyed with all the baby stuff in the garage, but it will pay off later.

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? I'm totally freaked out about being put on bedrest for some reason, even though my last pregnancy was totally normal. We just really need my income up until I deliver, so that worries me a tad. Plus I think I will breathe a little easier in a few more weeks.

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? I love playdates with my Mommy friends, I attend MOPS (Moms of preschoolers) which I love. I love scrapbooking, and i'm also starting out a small photography business on the side.
July 27th, 2009, 05:22 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

1. What's your name IRL?Liz

This is our 1st!!

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? I have my DH Patrick. We have been married for almost 2 years.

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do?I work full time as a account executive and social worker for a home care agency.

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I was active on TTC your 1st and TTC since Dec.

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby?Healthy baby

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet?Not yet

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it?I just went to the store yesterday and bought 2 outfits and a rattle.

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy?Since I did have a m/c in March I am very anxious about this pregnancy. I can't wait for the 1st trimester to be over.

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work?I love to read and I cross stitch.

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz0MSfHQg9s

July 27th, 2009, 07:49 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Liz, you cross-stitch too...that's cool! Working on anything at the moment? Planning on making anything special for the baby?

July 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
1. What's your name IRL? Jenna

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? 1st time mama!!

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? DH is Matt (26)

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? I work full-time and will have to work after. But my mom will be able to watch the baby

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I was on the TTC Board for a couple weeks.

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? Right now, I'm praying for a healthy baby. We have all girls in our family, so a little boy would be a nice change. But I'm just so scared, I just want my little baby to keep growing healthy!

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? If it's a boy, Wesley James...and no idea for a girl.

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? I bought a bib for "positive thinking/energy" I lay the bib on my belly everynight now for good luck.

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? I'm just so scared. This is something I have wanted since I was little. I need positive reenforcement, b/c two of my dear friends m/c (one chemical). I'm so nervous.

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? Before we started trying, it was going out w/friends/going out dancing/hearing live bands. But now since I'm the only one that is pg, it's been staying home watching movies, going out to eat, etc. I also enjoy reading and cleaning. LOL!
July 27th, 2009, 09:39 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. What's your name IRL? Christine

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? #3. I have 2 DS, Grant is 3.5 and Dean is 11 months.

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? DH is Matthew

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? Working full time. I am an attorney.

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? Been here for two years. I post on the Fertility Charting board, NCB, September 2008 PR mostly, but I jump in here and there on others.

Healthy baby first and foremost, but then a girl would be nice.

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? Some... nothing concrete if it's a boy.

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? Everything from my boys!

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? My biggest fear in pregnancy is having a c-section. I had a NCB with Dean and LOVED it. I'm not saying c-sections don't have their place, it's just a huge fear of mine.

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? My family!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

July 27th, 2009, 12:59 PM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
1. What's your name IRL? Julia

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? 2nd, already have a son, Birk who is 15 mos old, born April 20th '08

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? Kinda alone/kinda with a partner, his name is Per

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? SAHM and part time student this fall

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? No, I'm a member of the April 08 PR as well as a siggy maker here, hanging out in the siggies r us area. I also do cloth diapering, still BF'ing my son and sometimes check in with attachment parenting.

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? A boy but it really doesn't matter!

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? Yes, I think if it's a girl maybe Freya or Ava and Mons if it's a boy? Really this can change many many many times before baby is born though!

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? Yeah, but it's left over from Birk. Sadly, I have already sold his carrier and 2 of our strollers, go figure!

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? No, not about the pregnancy itself but how everything else will work out.

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? My son, Birk

July 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
It's really lovely reading about all of you!

Carrie, I'll be interested to see if the Shettles method works. I was thinking of trying it - if and when I ever find the right person and get to ttc again, that is! (I'm a single mummy for those who don't know.)

July 28th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
1. What's your name IRL? Courtney

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? I have 3 Angel babies watching over me so I have to give them acknowledgement but this will be our first.

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? DH is Michael (26)

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? Working Mama. I'm an aviation electronics tech in the Navy stationed out in San Diego.

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I've been around for a good while, since early 08. I've recently been on Trying To Conceive After Loss, Am I pregnant, and Trying To Conceive.

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? First preference is for a girl, but I would definitely be ecstatic with a boy too. Not sure yet if we're going to find out yet so we'll see.

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? For a girl, pretty positive it'll be Ella Madison, and for a boy, not sure. I like Zachary, DH likes Kaiden.

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? Yeah, but it's from my last pregnancy. Lots of little baby outfits, a teddy bear, a baby blanket, a pacifier.

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? Yes. I'm absolutely petrified about losing this one too. But I'm trying to stay positive so please send me sticky dust. =)

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? hahaha I'm in the Navy. Work IS my life. =p. Aside from that, I have 3 furbabies, a beagle named Dallas, a golden retriever puppy named Buckeye, and a preggo kitty named Maddy that take up a good chunk of my time.

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz0Mbw49rBD
July 28th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Super Mommy
1. What's your name IRL? Carmen

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? I have one 7 yr old son, Garrett.

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? My incredibly supportive husband is named Carlton.

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? I am a school bus driver so I work seasonally. Hope to be a SAHM when this little one is born.

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I am still heavily involved in the playgroup from my son's pregnancy 7 years ago which started as part of a different parenting community. I've been on JM about two weeks.

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? Of course I want healthy but I do dream of a daughter one day. There's nothing wrong with dreaming, right?

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? Quinn either sex.

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? All we've bought so far is a baby book.

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? Scared about miscarriage, but I think we all are. And I'm sure we are all just anxious to know we have healthy children in us.

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? My religion, my family. Interests also include knitting and animals.
July 28th, 2009, 09:55 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What's your name IRL?Diana

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? My second. I have a son Brighton who is 20 months (Nov 07)

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? I have a DH Carl

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? SAHM mostly. I work one day a week.

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I was posting on the TTC board.

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? Mostly a healthy baby but would really love for a girl.

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? We have all our names picked out. When we picked DS name out we picked the rest. (we plan on 4 kids)

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? Not really. I have things from DS.

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? My fear right now is possible m/c

I love photography and scrapbooking.

July 28th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Super Mommy
1. What's your name IRL?

Andrea

This will be our 2nd baby. Makinna is 17 months old.

Married to Jason since 2004

SAHM

I was here for the Feb 2008 DDC, but stopped posting regularly when it turned to the Playroom. I also posted occasionally on the C-section board and more recently the TTC board.

We're leaning toward a boy, but we just really want a healthy baby.

Not any serious ones

I have most of my stuff left over from my dd, but I won't start buying replacement stuff for a couple of months yet.

Just worried that something will go wrong...but that's normal. I still worry about dd.

I love to play computer games, watch movies, love to read almost anything and of course spend time with hubby, dd and our two furkids, Guinness & Bailey (mini weiner dogs).
BFP April 12th! #2 is on it's way!

Last edited by makmommy; July 28th, 2009 at 11:17 PM.
July 29th, 2009, 06:01 AM

1. What's your name IRL? Jessica

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? Daughter Ashlynn 2 1/2

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? My wonderful Husband Matt

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? Stay at home Momma

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I am a NEWBIE but must confess have lurked around for awhile until i felt comfortable posting

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? Healthy baby!!

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? Not yet!

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? I have everything from my daughter stashed in the basement, too many totes to count!

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? Losing this baby early like my last two MC

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? Reading, camping, spending time with family
July 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What's your name IRL? Michelle

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? William, 21 months

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? Wayne

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? I work full time outside the home. I design and build bank lending software for small to midsize banks.

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I post on other boards. I was posting in TTC, AIP, and December 2007 Playroom.

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? A healthy baby. We already have boy stuff so it'd be nice to not have to go buy new things. But then again, it would be really nice to have a girl.

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? If it's a girl Madeleine Hannah. If it's a boy we know we want the middle name to be Mitchell but we aren't sure about a first name yet.

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? The only baby stash we have are the clothes/toys/etc... from my 21 month old.

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? I am a worry wart. Always want to be in control and I know in pregnancy everything is out of your control.

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? My friends and family. Whether it's chatting with them on Facebook or hanging out at their house.
July 29th, 2009, 02:19 PM
It's fab to get to know you all! Carmen, I love the name Quinn!

July 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. What's your name IRL? Claire Elizabeth

2. Is this your first baby or do you already have kids - if so, ages? names? this will be our 1st!

3. Are you going it alone or are you with a partner, if so what's their name? DH is Nick and we just celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary on July 21st

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or working - and if working, what do you do? I work as a staff accountant for a local bank

5. Are you completely new to JM or do you already post on other boards - if so, which one(s)? I have posted on other boards mainly TTC #1 and AIP

6. Are you hoping for a boy, girl or just a healthy baby? would love to have a girl, but honestly just want a healthy baby!

7. Do you have any thoughts on names yet? for a girl I like Madelyn Claire or Olivia Grace, for a boy either William Michael or James Michael

8. Do you have a baby stash yet - if you do, what's in it? no baby stash yet! I'm sure that will soon change!

9. Do you have any particular fears or anxieties about this pregnancy? just don't want there to be any complications

10. What are your main interest(s) in life aside from your work? absolutely love to read I will read just about anything

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search