Subforums

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 09:01 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of sub forums does everyone like/dislike?

I think everyone so far liked the ideas of Belly Pic subforum and a private subforum.

What do you think about combining the journal subforum with the belly pic subforum?

I also like the idea of a forum for due date buddies, but I think that's too far down the road right now.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

July 29th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
I would really like to see three forums..

1. A forum for belly pics, where each of us have our own thread with our growing bellies, and we can edit and add to the thread throughout our pregnancies.

2. A forum where we can each have our own thread to post a journal, including any important dates, test results, u/s pics. (We can always post a thread on the main forum to show off an ultra sound pic, or share important info. I just like the idea of having our own threads to keep all of info in, for future reference.)

3. A private forum to hideout in.

We already have a sticky for the due dates. And i was thinking we could create stickies for due date buddies, gender lists, and cyber showers, later in our pregnancies.

This is a way to take ideas from other boards, to get us started, but yet still pick the forum layout and names of the forums on our own. What do you think about these ideas?
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 29th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I don't know what subforums are, but does it happen to be the forums w/the cute sayings? Like October has everything around Pumpknis, and March has Pot of Gold, etc.

I was thinking maybe our cute saying could work w/Easter--like Easter Bunnies, Easter eggs, etc.

I don't know of any other cute things that work w/April....April showers??? Umbrellas??
July 29th, 2009, 11:16 AM
If you go look at the other DDCs, they will have subforums at the top, that you can click on and go to specific topics in that one. It's a method of organization on these boards.

I do find in most of the boards I've been on that things in the subforums get easily overlooked, so I don't think we should have too many subforums because that's just more places people have to go look and I don't want anyone's posts to go overlooked. KWIM?

What do you think of combining all the pregnancy tracking type threads (pics, journals, ultrasounds) into one subforum?

July 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was a member of the December 2007 DDC, we started off with the following sub forums (from what I remember): belly pics, ultrasound pics, private, recipes, and another one that I can't remember. By the time our due dates came we only had belly pics, ultrasound pics, and a private forum. So those 3 are fine. Any others could just be sticky notes.
July 29th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Super Mommy
I'm wondering if everyone would feel more comfortable with the picture and journal categories to be private?
July 29th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
To me the forums are more for us, to keep track of our pregnancies, and be able to look back on them, change them, and also compare progress to other moms to be due around the same time. So if you're a part of the April board, then you will now what goes where. For all the new members that join, we'll just answer any questions they have until they become familiar. I think three forums is a low enough amount, and the title of each forum will be self explanatory. (ex.. pregnancy journals, private discussions, and belly pics) This doesn't mean we can't post a new topic in our main forum, to share an u/s sound pic, have weekly belly pic threads, or post about important doc dates. (to make sure everyone sees them) If you chose, you would then also post that same pic or info in your journal, or on your belly pic thread. If we only do stickies, for pics and things, it would make it hard to go back and find a certain person's pic to see how they've grown from the previous week.
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 29th, 2009, 01:37 PM
No no! I'm totally with you that we need a subforum for threads for Belly Pics, It'd be waaaaayyy too many for them to be done as stickies! If everyone wants a subforum for journals/u/s pics too, then that's great too. We could organize that like the November DDC and have a Tracking Pregnancies Subforum, with Bellies and Journals and U/s pics as subs under that. Then we could do a private forum too! I think we're on the same page here!

July 29th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
It's really up to you girls and I'm only really here to actually get these things set up for you when you have made your decisions.

However, I just wanted to say two things.

Firstly, it's important to accommodate as much of what people want as possible. There is no way you will all agree on exactly what subforums to have and which ones should be merged, not even now, and this group is going to get much bigger.

However, secondly, please remember that nothing is written in stone. Subforums can be deleted later if they're not being used and extra ones, eg cyber shower, can also be added later when it becomes appropriate.

One thing I will say is, it's easier to delete a subforum and get the posts moved in bulk to another one, than it is to start off with one subforum for two things and then split it off later, because the posts would have to be sorted through and the relevant ones moved one by one.

So if some of you want belly/ultrasound pics to be separate to pregnancy journals, it's prob best to start off that way, and then merge them later if you all decide they don't get used enough, if you see what I mean.

Also, if you want a private subforum, I am happy to get one added for you, but I will just say that most DDCs leave that until later when they are more established as a group. It is ABSOLUTELY UP TO YOU GUYS but I just thought I would interject here with some of the practicalities x

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; July 29th, 2009 at 01:52 PM.
July 29th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks Sharron, I think that's all great advice.

Karen, you liked how the Nov DDC set up the subforums right? It seemed like others in the poll did too. Then let's set up the sub forums for Tracking Pregnancies like that, with the others as subs under that, like the Nov. DDC.

Tracking Pregnancies
Belly Pics
Journals
Ultrasound Pics

WDYT?

July 29th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Something else to be thinking about now as well is what you'd actually like to call these subforums. You might like to make the titles more unique to your DDC, I don't know. If any of you have any ideas please do post them up/discuss. If you're going to have belly pics and pregnancy journals subforums, it would probably be best to get them up fairly soon then you can make a start!

July 29th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Can we change the names of the subforums later, when we have more members? This way we can start journaling and posting now, but future members will still have the chance to contribute to forming our board?

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
You sure can!

So, does that mean we have a decision? Do you want the pregnancy tracking subforums setting up?

July 29th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I think that sounds great!! let's get them set up and once we select our theme, we can make the names more unique!

July 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Good plan! I'll go and request them for you x

July 29th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks so much Sharron!

July 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Done!

When the new subforums appear, Karen and Christine, you may want to make a post to sticky in each one just to explain to other members how they will work.

eg. Is it going to be one thread per member, or just free-for-all posting...that kind of thing. Many subforums around JM have a "read this post first" type sticky. Just give me a shout if you do decide to go for this and need stickies.

July 29th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Sounds great! I think in the sub forums it should be one thread per member - that way it's easy to see the progression. WDYT?

July 29th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I think I remember Karen saying that's how she envisaged it too, and a couple of girls agreed with her. In that case, "read this first" stickies will prob be a good idea.

July 29th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Christine---I love that idea! I'm all about organization!! lol

BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123

13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935

12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search