I'm so mad that I wouldn't be surprised if steam was coming out of my ears

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Alright as some of you may already get the feeling, I'm really scared being pregnant. This was our first time trying to conceive, and I just can't accept the fact that it happened so fast, ans w/o any frusterations. Also, they say everything goes in "3's" and two of my dear friends M/C, and I would be the "3rd" person pregnant.

I found out I was pg Sunday--called both obgyn and family doc Monday and no1 said anything about me coming in for blood-work. I mean how do they know I'm really pregnant? What if I actually saw an evap, but THOUGHT it was positive. I keep buying pregnancy tests--yesterday was my 6th. I wish I would have bought a FRER b/c I would have liked to compare darkness...but I bought a +,- and also a digital. Seriously, the only pregnancy test I have not bought is Walmart's Equate, and Answer's.

So I get this call from my family doctor, b/c I guess I have an appt. on Monday for a check-up that I may have made months ago. My husband Matt said it's a blessing b/c prior to that phone call, I was telling him how I really wish I could get blood drawn to check my levels. And then we get this call. So we're both like "great, what a nice sign". I call my doctor's office back, and the lady (receptionist there) is extremely rude. I explain that I'm worried/nervous, this is my 1st pg, and that if it was possible if I could come in Thursday or Friday, get blood drawn, and then when I come in on Monday my doctor can tell me my results.

She immediatly said "no, he wouldn't know what to draw you for, and you need a script" and then dismissed me on the phone.

I hung up and I think I started turning red.

First off---I worked in the medical field. I scheduled appts. just like this bat does. You do NOT make the decision of the doctor, w/o first consulting him. She should have took a message w/my question, relayed it to the doctor and follow-up w/me.

Second--they have a lab IN THEIR OFFICE! My doctor doesn't even need to write a script and fax it...it's not like I called and want to go to a lab "just for fun".

Third--I don't even need an appt. for blood-work..you go in, get drawn, and leave.

So now, I have to wait until Monday to see my doctor, tell him I'm pregnant. He then will do lab work, make me wait 48 hours and have me possible come back.

I can't do this b/c I can't get off work for this crap.

How am I going to explain to my boss that I need to go to the doctors, monday, and then go back Wednesday?

I'm SOOO MAD!!!!!!!!!
July 29th, 2009, 10:11 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
This stinks! Maybe if you call back you'll get someone else. I would definitely be mad if I were you! Try not to worry, though. If you've done 6 pregnancy tests and they've all come back positive, I'm sure you're really pregnant!

Praying that all goes well!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
July 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
mdredmon1's Avatar Veteran
I would definitely call them back right now and tell them you are coming in to have your levels checked. I have learned after a pregnancy loss that you have to take control because they won't. I would not put up with that!

July 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can't hurt to try calling back and saying you're really concerned and want to leave a message for your doctor's nurse. That might get you farther.

If you don't end up getting blood drawn, that doesn't mean that things won't be ok still. I never had blood tests to confirm my pregnancies with my boys. And I had a blood test this time and it was negative, and then I got a BFP 3 days later with urine! If your urine is telling you you're pregnant, the blood will do the same. Most docs I know will not do routine beta draws, and personally, I wouldn't want them. They give you more to worry about than help.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

July 29th, 2009, 11:17 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll be ok if you don't have your blood drawn. Normally, they draw the blood because of prior history of m/c. With my son, I never had my blood drawn. I went to my general practioner for pregnancy confirmation (because I didn't have an OB at the time). They just did the urine test. Then I find an OB and they did another urine test. I have a perfectly healthy 21 month old little boy. Just my 2 cents.
July 29th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
The only reason they do a blood draw is if you have irregular periods and are not getting a positive on a hpt and you can convince them you MIGHT be pregnant, or if you have a history of miscarriage. I worked for an OB/GYN clinic and blood draws were few and far between. Please try not to worry hun. =)
July 29th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdredmon1 View Post
I would definitely call them back right now and tell them you are coming in to have your levels checked. I have learned after a pregnancy loss that you have to take control because they won't. I would not put up with that!
DITTO!! Well said hun!

And big HUGS to you sweetie!! Go in and ask to talk to the doc or his nurse. They will understand, and more than likely not have a problem with it. The receptionist was probably just having a bad day and took it out on you. I'm sorry you're going through so much lately. We are all here for you!!! KUP!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

July 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Ugh, I'm sorry you had to deal with such rudeness.

July 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you called them back yet?

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

July 29th, 2009, 05:59 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was catching up on threads when I saw this one... a bit late I know.

I hope you were able to get an appt. for the blood test. I would also make sure to tell your doc when you see him how rude his receptioinist was! She didn't go to med school, so she needs to do her job and let your doc do his! Sorry you are going through this! BIG HUGS!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search